Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My draft that would make me happy

sebestian

Do you support this action?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this action?

• Yes, force was needed.
    • No, we need to stay out of other peoples messes.
    • Like China, I abstain!

Insomnia thread.

I want to trade down. I think their are many options. If J. Jons is there I understand that the the Rams are very interested in him. Trade #1 is done. That would put us at 14.

That is important because we have to show interest in M. Ingram b/c Miami is high on him and the pick 15. Trade #2.

Then we have 15 the pats may want a pass rusher, maybe someone will fall and we couldtrade with them. Trade # 3.

Please understand that I understand that it may not happen but it is possible based on team needs. At that point we are at 17 and we should hae replaced the 3rd and 4th that we are missing and I am hoping an additional 2nd rd pick.

I would look for other trades but at that point I would take Carimi and solidy the tackle positions for the next ten years. Then I would look at the second rd to get R. Hudson/ Pouncey.

Imagine Williams, Hudson, Rabach, D. Joseph (lockout notwithstanding)Carimi. Or supplement Puncey to Rabach and Lich starts at left guard.

This ties into a point I made earlier in another post if we could win with Grossman. If aqb has time ad you could run the ball it is the key to success. Do we need a better Qb absolutley, however we solidfy the o line in one draft.

I think in latter rounds we target C. Mathews for ILB. I really like J Mahl from Oregon as asleeper and someone who reminds me of E, Mcaffery. Let us not frget when Shanny won with Denver he was able to riun the ball based on his scheme and th play of the offensive line. Elway, one of the greatest but was old and not the same Qb when he won the superbowl. That is why I push for Bulger, he is a faourite of mine and and has a quick relase and the bad times with the Rams was based on poor o line play and scheme ie. Martz.

In summation, I think their are trade down opportunities and I look to draft.

G. Carimi

R. Hudson/M. Pouncey

Mathews

Mahl

D, Moch

Acquire D. Joseph OG

J. Joseph CB

I do not know I might be rambling but that is what I like.

Gosh I am tired.

These are guys that I target I am not sure what rounds but they can all make an impact.

I was about to be a wise ass and say "CHAMPIONSHIP!" with the new, young line.

Then I remembered in this scenario we'd have Interceptus Rexus behind them fumbling and throwing his way to opposition points, and I lost the lustre. :(. (I know you mentioned Bulger, but I figure he'll be on IR before camp opens.).

Hail.

Let´s say that happends...how mush will that help us. We didn´t really upgrade one of the worst D# and still have no wapons on off.

We have a young and potential strong o-line but no QB and no WR´s to throw to, we would give away next season if you ask me.

Yea, i was going to say the same thing. We upgraded the O-line which wasn't great last year but it was ok. The biggest hole we need to feel is C and with this draft we didn't do it. And second, we add no real help to the D-line and we still dont have a QB or ANY playmakers. So i would not be happy with this at all. I would much rather stay at 10 and take BPA. If someone falls to our spot and we get a really good trade offer then lets do it. But i dont want to trade back simply to pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick. How often do they work out? Move down for 2nd and extra 1st round picks.

Trading down a few spots is always a possibility and I understand the desire to pick up help for the OL. But the reality is that OL prospects are relatively thin in this draft while the Dline is deep. Since the Skins will need Dline and OLB help I think its prudent to get them while they are available. Having said that, I wouldn't be adverse to Carimi if the best DEs were gone by the 17th pick.

Trading down from 10 (1300pts) to 17 (950pts) is worth 350 pts which should be a lower 2nd round pick or a better 3rd + 4th. I'd love for the Skins to pick up highly rated NT with their second round pick. While they might miss out on a Center (if they obtained the low second round pick instead of 3rd and 4th) the Skins could always consider moving Montgomery or Lichtensteiger from G to C.

as much as I hate to admit it, we simply have to trade down this draft. 10 is a good slot because another team can still get a solid pick, and there are teams in the teens who would covet our pick. Shanny also has a history of doing this.

The only problem is that this draft is so deep no one may want to trade up.

The only problem is that this draft is so deep no one may want to trade up.

Exactly. Someone will have to really want a player to trade up to ten. That being said the best case scenario for the 'Skins would be to find a partner to trade back with.

as much as I hate to admit it, we simply have to trade down this draft. 10 is a good slot because another team can still get a solid pick, and there are teams in the teens who would covet our pick. Shanny also has a history of doing this.

I agree. Hopefully someone in the mid-teens will covet someone at our spot , and we can squeeze out a 2nd rd pick from them. The first 2 rounds are loaded with talent.

Archived