Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets trade out of the first round completely

soljaofjesus

Lets move out of the first round completely. There are alot of skill players that fit our need in the second round. According to the draft chart, we could potentially get (3) 2nd draft picks if we

trade down 2 times. This is definitely possible with a team like STL looking for a breakout WR in AJ Green or Julio Jones. Seattle would be looking for a top OT to pair with Russell Okung or a QB of the future. That gives us 4 second round draft picks. Brandon Harris has dropped to the second round on Walterfootball's draft.

Walterfootball has these guys falling into the second round

Rodney hudson - G Florida State

Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh - 6'5 230 pounds

Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

Stephen Paea, NT - Oregan State

Stefen Wisniewski - Center Penn State

Christian Ponder - sit on bench for 2-3 years

Leonard Hankerson - WR Miami

Akeem Ayers

We could get:

Jonathan Baldwin

Brandon Harris

Akeem Ayers

Stefen Wisniewski

We could then get Jonathan Joseph and David Joseph in FA and call it a day!

ID GO CRAZY if we could get these four guys.

Every season a lot of fans hope we trade down in the draft, but it usually doesn't work out. Even if we wanted to, you have to have somebody to trade with.

Remember that year the Redskins were able to trade back in to the draft and pick up 2 extra 2nd Round picks...and Vinny Cerrato still managed to screw it up.

McShay said that he viewed 8 "elite" talents in the draft:

WR Green, DEs Bowers/Quinn, DTs Fairley/Dareus, OLB Miller, CBs Peterson/Prince

It seems that most draftniks agree w/ these players as being the cream of the crop. If one or two teams in the top 9 drafts based on need (i.e. QB) - there stands to be a good chance that somebody will drop to the 10 spot that another team would want. I think there's a good chance of somebody wanting to come up to #10

In 2012 we have 8 picks (2 4ths).

Trade #10 and #41 this year for 2012 futures.

Go into 2012 with:

3 1st rounders

2 2nd Rounders

1 3rd Rounder

2 4th Rounders

1 5th

1 6th

1 7th

Trade McNabb, Haynesworth, Carter, Dockery for 2012 picks.

Not sure if there is a limit but with the CBA situation, it would behoove us to be innovative. The season will be shortened, teams won't have Free Agency to fill needs. With 11 starting spots and depth up for improvements, we need to maximize our 2011 draft value. Best way to do this is to offer up our picks this year for future picks. Teams that fill are a player or two away from contending should jump and pay a little more. You already get more value for trading for futures, add in the fact that free agency is in question and this is such a talented draft... max value is to trade #10 and #41 for 2012 picks!

Remember that year the Redskins were able to trade back in to the draft and pick up 2 extra 2nd Round picks...and Vinny Cerrato still managed to screw it up.

McShay said that he viewed 8 "elite" talents in the draft:

WR Green, DEs Bowers/Quinn, DTs Fairley/Dareus, OLB Miller, CBs Peterson/Prince

It seems that most draftniks agree w/ these players as being the cream of the crop. If one or two teams in the top 9 drafts based on need (i.e. QB) - there stands to be a good chance that somebody will drop to the 10 spot that another team would want. I think there's a good chance of somebody wanting to come up to #10

The thing is about this is we are a team that needs a few of these players....so if Fairley/Dareus/Miller/Peterson there at 10 you have to take one of them...they each fit a need in our defense....so any of these would make this defense a little better with just one player

---------- Post added February-24th-2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

Go into 2012 with:

3 1st rounders

2 2nd Rounders

1 3rd Rounder

2 4th Rounders

1 5th

1 6th

1 7th

Not sure if there is a limit but with the CBA situation, it would behoove us to be innovative. The season will be shortened, teams won't have Free Agency to fill needs. With 11 starting spots and depth up for improvements, we need to maximize our 2011 draft value. Best way to do this is to offer up our picks this year for future picks. Teams that fill are a player or two away from contending should jump and pay a little more. You already get more value for trading for futures, add in the fact that free agency is in question and this is such a talented draft... max value is to trade #10 and #41 for 2012 picks!

is this a joke post?

is this a joke post?

No, he's dead serious and has posted this in several threads. It's pretty much draft suicide, but we should just ignore it, because the FO would never do that. Can you imagine having only (2) 5ths and 6th and (2) 7ths in this year's draft? The mere fact that he said trade Carter, tells you all you need to know. Carter has a no trade clause and he'll be released by the FO with no compensation.

I really don't see the problem with it. I think it's a stroke of genius.

And I think most people don't understand that 2011 is not business as usual, or I wouldn't get these "trade 2012 picks too" posts.

People act like the 2011 football season is going to be a regular 16 game season. It's not. This is a lockout/strike shortened season and we should take advantage of it.

I really don't see the problem with it. I think it's a stroke of genius.

And I think most people don't understand that 2011 is not business as usual, or I wouldn't get these "trade 2012 picks too" posts.

People act like the 2011 football season is going to be a regular 16 game season. It's not. This is a lockout/strike shortened season and we should take advantage of it.

Like I said in a previous post....I see what you are saying here and agree if it is a significantly shortened season or no season at all it would be a stroke of genious....but you can't gamble like that since...the draft is in April and there is like 4 months of negotiation time after the draft to get a new CBA before a lockout will occur

Like I said in a previous post....I see what you are saying here and agree if it is a significantly shortened season or no season at all it would be a stroke of genious....but you can't gamble like that since...the draft is in April and there is like 4 months of negotiation time after the draft to get a new CBA before a lockout will occur

I'd be willing to do it. I bet Snyder knows what's up with the CBA better than anyone. He and Jones and Kraft are the players in this thing.

If Snyder was okay with tossing this season aside (I'm WILLING to sig bet or some other stupid ES bet that this is a shortened season). We'll be stuck with very limited player movement, FA may not happen at all, contracts of the Moss' of the world could be frozen given that there won't be time to move players (trying to maximize games). So we'll most likely have the same bull**** roster we had last year.

What's two blue chippers going to do for us? I'd rather go into 2012 with 7 or 8 young blue chippers, a full free agent class and play a full season. Who knows, maybe we have the ammo to get one of the two QBs next year. I think it would be a mistake to at least investigate the possibilities.

Again, I'm completely convinced there will be less than 14 regular season games played this year.

Go into 2012 with:

3 1st rounders

2 2nd Rounders

1 3rd Rounder

2 4th Rounders

1 5th

1 6th

1 7th

If you are a GM, Matt Millen and Vinny would look like genius. Now get off that crack pipe.

i think Seattle and SD could be teams to jump into the top 10..

Trade #10 to SD for #18 and #50.

Trade Cooley to Denver for 2012 2nd and conditional 2012 4th (possibility of 3rd)

Trade Albert Haynseworth to Detriot for 2012 2nd and conditional 2012 5th (possibility of 4th)

Trade Donovan McNabb to Arizona/Minnesota/Miami for 2012 Conditional 4th Rounder (possibility of 3rd)

now with those trades our next 2 drafts set up like this.

1st Round (#18)

2nd Round (#42)

2nd Round (#50)

5th Round

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round

7th Round

1st Round

2nd Round

2nd Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

4th Round

4th Round

4th Round

4th Round

5th Round

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round

now what if we landed all those? im sure the Albert trade is way more but even if we landed a 3rd and 4th id be stoked..

If you are a GM, Matt Millen and Vinny would look like genius. Now get off that crack pipe.

Is that all you have? What's the flaw in that plan? Do tell.

---------- Post added February-24th-2011 at 05:18 PM ----------

No, he's dead serious and has posted this in several threads. It's pretty much draft suicide, but we should just ignore it, because the FO would never do that. Can you imagine having only (2) 5ths and 6th and (2) 7ths in this year's draft? The mere fact that he said trade Carter, tells you all you need to know. Carter has a no trade clause and he'll be released by the FO with no compensation.

Carter can waive that clause. Would he rather make what his contract is now and play for another team or be cut and signed to a smaller number? I agree he'll be released, but that's hardly all you need to know.

And please explain why adding value is draft suicide? You increase your youth and overall talent due to draft picks trading at a premium this year. THIS YEAR.

I wouldn't be upset if we traded out of the 1st all together from a football standpoint, but I'd be angry that I'd have to wait another day for our first selection :P

It really all depends on who is there when we're picking and who is high on our board. If someone like AJ Green or Marcell Dareus falls to 10, I sure hope that we wouldn't try to trade back. But if Gabbert or Newton "slipped" to us, a trade back is probably more likely, but still not something to bank on.

I'm sure we'd all like some more picks, and something I've been hoping for (and haven't seen much talk about on these boards) is trading our 2nd to move down and try to pick up a 4th. Or move out of the 2nd all together and pick up a 3rd, 4th, and a future pick.

It'll be interesting to see come draft day though. Will we stay put with our picks and shore up only a couple of positions? Or will we trade back, take lesser quality players, but fill out our teams' needs more?

Archived