Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone here use a Macbook or Macbook Pro?

#98QBKiller

I'm looking to get a new laptop and I've been so satisfied with my iPhone that I was thinking of giving Apple computers a chance.

Does anyone here use a Macbook or Macbook Pro? If so, how do you like it and do you think it's worth the extra $200 to upgrade to Macbook Pro? Any advice is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Everyone in my company just tossed their PC's for Macs. I have been on a Macbook Pro for almost 2 years. Still runs and boots like the day I bought it. I just tossed the last PC in my house in my office. Kids had it gunked up with Spyware. I replaced it with an imac. I also put the kids on the macbook last december. They run like the day they bought them. Their PC's got trashed about once every couple of months due to spyware.

I run no virus scanners, no adware scanners, no security toolbars in my browser. It's just pure clean processing.

is that something extra you have to pay for? i am getting a macbook pro the next time they have the school special later this year

Yep. You need a copy of windows and I'd suggest have a tech professional install it. So there are $'s involved but you can use all you existing windows and future SW.

is that something extra you have to pay for? i am getting a macbook pro the next time they have the school special later this year

Yeah it is extra. Cost of a windows license.

I don't do that, I put vmware on my machine, and just run windows on my desktop. I also save a VM of windows when it is clean. That way I always have a clean bootable windows VM if I need it.

I rarely use Windows anymore even on my VM.

Love apple computers, bought a macbook 5 years ago and finally started showing it age so I bought a new one. In the 5 yrs of having it I did not have one issue. The five yrs before I went through 3 pc's ...lol

I buy a new laptop every 3 years. The one I have is 2 years old and the 2 laptops I owned before that are still being used by friends. Yep. An old white iBook I bought 8 years ago is still running iWork, iLife, and traveling the internet daily. :)

I've owned and used both for work as a graphic designer. I used the MacBook to run heavy duty design/graphics intensive programs and it worked just fine. So if budget is important I can tell you that the MacBook will handle pretty much anything you need it to do. If you can afford it, then go Pro. It's lighter, probably a sturdier build. Obviously more computing power.

If you're gonna go with a Mac, why bother dipping your foot in the Windows world? There are people like me who live in OSX exclusively and don't miss Windows one iota. In fact, I find it annoying when I have to use Windows.

I'm looking to get a new laptop and I've been so satisfied with my iPhone that I was thinking of giving Apple computers a chance.

Does anyone here use a Macbook or Macbook Pro? If so, how do you like it and do you think it's worth the extra $200 to upgrade to Macbook Pro? Any advice is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Not sure if they are having the same sale in the DC area, but Microcenter is having $200 sale on Macbook Pro. That puts the 13" Macbook Pro only about $50 more than the regular 13" Macbook...

I was in the market for one few weeks ago so it was a not brainer and I picked up the 13" macbook pro for $999.

I believe at least locally in Houston, Microcenter is having this sale until Jan 30th.

If you're gonna go with a Mac, why bother dipping your foot in the Windows world? There are people like me who live in OSX exclusively and don't miss Windows one iota. In fact, I find it annoying when I have to use Windows.

My company timesheet is written using active x controls. They don't work in Safari or IE.

Only certain functions use these active x buttons, when I need those functions, I have to boot my windows VM to see the website correctly. Prior to Office 2011 on the Mac, I needed full compatibility in office, which didn't exist. 2011 seems to have corrected that.

Yeah, I haven't used Windows in many years and for the past 2 I haven't had Office. I prefer iWork and since you can open and save files in Office format, there's no reason to buy another program. iWork, Adobe CS, and a few free programs like Handbrake are all I need anymore.

Not sure if they are having the same sale in the DC area, but Microcenter is having $200 sale on Macbook Pro. That puts the 13" Macbook Pro only about $50 more than the regular 13" Macbook...

I was in the market for one few weeks ago so it was a not brainer and I picked up the 13" macbook pro for $999.

I believe at least locally in Houston, Microcenter is having this sale until Jan 30th.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334909

looks like they still have it in stock in Fairfax location in NOVA.

best deal I can find anywhere if you are in the market to buy a macbook pro.

My company timesheet is written using active x controls. They don't work in Safari or IE.

Only certain functions use these active x buttons, when I need those functions, I have to boot my windows VM to see the website correctly. Prior to Office 2011 on the Mac, I needed full compatibility in office, which didn't exist. 2011 seems to have corrected that.

I think that's a good point. At least he/she knows that the option is there if they ever feel that their workflow is stymied by being on the Mac platform.

It probably is how Kyle Shymalan feels running the offense with the McNabb OS when the Grossman OS is much better suited for it.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334909

looks like they still have it in stock in Fairfax location in NOVA.

best deal I can find anywhere if you are in the market to buy a macbook pro.

That's an awesome deal. Thanks for the info man.

t probably is how Kyle Shymalan feels running the offense with the McNabb OS when the Grossman OS is much better suited for it.

:ols:

Archived