Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Challenge to all Redskins fans!

ryanwade21

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6008462

Crazy story about Seahawks fans actually causing the ground to shake.

I know us Skins fans havent had much to cheer about in recent years, but I say to those who attend games, lets get on the same level or better as the Seahawks fans.

Lets make opposing teams dread playing in our stadium regardless of our team. Hey it can only help the skins and they need all they can get right now, So to those who attend games lets see if we cant cause an earthquake (where no one gets hurt of course:))

There are two main problems here:

1.) FedEx Field isn't designed like Qwest Field is, where FedEx is open and a lot of noise can escape, at Qwest they have those two overhangs which takes the crowd's noise and sends it back down to the field.

2.) There aren't enough die hard fans at FedEx to be anywhere near as loud as what Qwest can be. There are too many corporate fans and there are too many seats that are filled by opposing fans because Skins fans are tired of spending their hard earned money and just throwing it away to Snyder on a ****ty product.

We would have to stop letting all opposing fans in to FedEx, or at least drastically reduce their numbers. When I went to the giants game last week I was surrounded by new yorkers and quiet Redskins fans. I kept cheering loudly about 95% of the defensive plays, but felt like I was being a jerk so I toned it down everyone once in awhile. If we want the ground to shake then we need an atmosphere where cheering is encouraged and people feel bad for not cheering loud and crazily enough, not for trying to make noise to disrupt the opponents offense.

We would have to stop letting all opposing fans in to FedEx, or at least drastically reduce their numbers. When I went to the giants game last week I was surrounded by new yorkers and quiet Redskins fans. I kept cheering loudly about 95% of the defensive plays, but felt like I was being a jerk so I toned it down everyone once in awhile. If we want the ground to shake then we need an atmosphere where cheering is encouraged and people feel bad for not cheering loud and crazily enough, not for trying to make noise to disrupt the opponents offense.

I have season tickets, trust me I know exactly what you mean. I can't stand it where I sit. i'm going to move next season to the lower level or not renew my seats. The fans suck. None of them cheer. I now know why the security staff calls the upper bowl the projects.

That's not accurate. It's not none of them. it's just a vast majority of them. There are a few people here and there who cheer their asses off on every play. I salute you. The rest can suck it because everyone around me sells their seats to opposing teams fans.

I remember R.F.K. - awesome fans when we were on our Super Bowl runs. It was nowhere near as loud before that. There have also been times when FedEx rocked. This year's Dalass game wasn't so bad for instance. How about the Giants game where we kicked butt and made the playoffs. I'm just saying that it all depends on winning and playoff hopes.

I remember R.F.K. - awesome fans when we were on our Super Bowl runs. It was nowhere near as loud before that. There have also been times when FedEx rocked. This year's Dalass game wasn't so bad for instance. How about the Giants game where we kicked butt and made the playoffs. I'm just saying that it all depends on winning and playoff hopes.

I went to a few games at RFK most of them just before the Gibb's era & a few during & the place rocked even before the Super Bowl glory years. I do have to admit that it rocked abit harder after we became consistant contenders. Both my uncle's tell me that RFK was fairly quiet when it first opened but by the George Allen era it was aloud stadium & very intimidating to opposing teams. Of course nothing before or since hasn't compared to the 1983 NFC Championship game against Dallas. If could I go back in time & pick one sporting even to go to, it would be that game. That was a great week to be a Redskins' fan at school.

From the article:

Turns out, Lynch's TD shook Qwest Field and the ground around the stadium -- literally.

Vidale said a seismic monitoring station located about 100 yards west of the stadium registered seismic activity during Lynch's run. The shaking was most intense during a 30-second stretch about the time Lynch broke free from the line of scrimmage, finished off his touchdown and celebrated in the end zone with his teammates.

Im sure that this isnt the first time something like this has happened. But how many places actually record these types of things? And "seismic activity" is a pretty broad form of measurement. Seattle's stadium isnt really loud because of the fans. The roof covers 70% of the seats there which allows it to trap the noise. And their fans have this arrogance about it, but are too dumb to realize its not really because of them. I feel like a stadium like that in DC would be MUCH louder.

Whether or not you believe Seattle should still be able to host a game after a 7-9 season, you have to respect the way they played. And though a lot of people might have heard it by now, NFC West records have a great record in the playoffs over the last few years. How much legitimacy you want to give to this is up to you, but the team being a "joke" is far from the truth after putting up a 41 point effort on a good defense from last year.

In terms of the loudness of Redskins fans, I think that's an unfair judgment based on the seating allowed in both stadiums and how the stadiums are built, as both have tremendous consequence. I just hope 'Skins fans one day rival the loudness Seahawks fans did even after a 7-9 season. I'm far from bright enough to figure out the specifics of both, but one day the 'Skins will figure it out, and we'll all be there to cheer it on. Hail.

I cause the ground to shake in my house every Sunday as I jump up and down and scream..."WHY, WHY, WHY!!!!!!!"

lol Good one and trust me I feel ya cause im doing the same thing lol.

But it would be awesome if FedEx was a true hell hole for teams to come into. Which I think it can be but for reasons like most of you posted already its difficult. But I do have faith that we can do it. I went to that first Sunday night game vs Dallas and it was off the chain. That was the loudest game ive been to and the atmosphere was electric. But I know it can get even better than that.

Just imagine a night conference championship game here...that crowd would be hype and FedEx would be rocking like we all know it can and want it to. Lets hope it happends sooner rather than later.

There are two main problems here:

1.) FedEx Field isn't designed like Qwest Field is, where FedEx is open and a lot of noise can escape, at Qwest they have those two overhangs which takes the crowd's noise and sends it back down to the field.

2.) There aren't enough die hard fans at FedEx to be anywhere near as loud as what Qwest can be. There are too many corporate fans and there are too many seats that are filled by opposing fans because Skins fans are tired of spending their hard earned money and just throwing it away to Snyder on a ****ty product.

This is right on, not to mention the wine and cheerers that show up to do anything but get off their asses and make noise

Archived