Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrew Perloff>INSIDE THE NFL MOCK Draft.....what do you think???

sknz45

I say trade sown get extra picks a WR/OL in the first round. And in the second draft Andy Dalton out of TCU. Ive seen a few of his games and he has impressed me. He wont be ready for a couple years but I think Grossman will suffice for a couple years while we get the rest of the needed pieces in place.

Dalton is projected to be a late round pick if he is drafted at all. So if we pick him in the second, needless to say people wouldn't be happy...

He needs another year in the spread at Auburn. He needs to prove he can be a leader in the NFL. Comparing him to Tebow does him no justice as he is more athletic than Tebow but both of them are WR's playing QB. His character issues will come in to play as well

What character issues?

I wouldn't be upset if we got Newton or Locker. It still makes me laugh when I read someone say "he's not an NFL caliber QB". Unless you coached in the NFL or were employed by an NFL team in the player personel department how in the hell can anyone make that statement? Oh yeah I forgot its the internet....

It's comical. Newton is one game away from having the most dominant season by any college QB ever...he's got size, speed, accuracy & a big arm...but some people here are so convinced he'll bust, they'll revoke their fandom the second we draft him. :ols:

I trust whatever Shanny/Bruce decide. I'm not a fan of Newton, but if they pick him I'll be all in with them. Since, Carolina, Denver (Depending on new Coach), Buffalo, Cardinals, 49ers, and now the Titans all have/need to upgrade the QB position, I highly doubt the Skins are going to be able to take a QB. I hope Newton falls to 10 and the Skins pick/trade him for a 2nd Round pick. Wishful thinking.

the dudes a felon.... bought a laptop that he knew was stolen, as well as pay for plan incident. You can have him

Its not so much the stolen laptop thing that has a warning light flashing for me. That was bad judgement and wrong but not a hanging offense IMO.

However the 'pay for play' thing worries me. Alegedly (and its almost certain) he was asking Colleges who were recruiting him for money to sign with them. That smacks of a guy who is playing football for the money not the love of the game - so when he signs a Pro contract and becomes a millionaire just how hard is he willing to work to develop into an NFL QB and realise his potential? Will he be first in, last out and dedicate himself to the film study, classroom preparation and on field time needed to be a great NFL QB or will he spend his money and enjoy the lifestyle of being a 1st round NFL QB?

Its a huge risk with him I think.

Sorry but the dude is not a felon. The charges were dropped. You might wanna just stick to the facts. You're not doing too well so far.

charges dropped.... hmmm let me see why, cus he's good at football possibly? (not enough evidence my ass... sounds like a payoff) No way that would never happen lol these jokes get away with anything buddy, get real

charges dropped.... hmmm let me see why, cus he's good at football possibly? (not enough evidence my ass... sounds like a payoff) No way that would never happen lol these jokes get away with anything buddy, get real

I'm just in the camp that words have meaning. When you call the guy a felon, that means he was convicted of a felony. He wasn't. So he's not.

I'm just in the camp that words have meaning. When you call the guy a felon, that means he was convicted of a felony. He wasn't. So he's not.

Yea, and neither is Ray Lewis :doh: (go ahead with the "how can you compare a stolen laptop to murder" crap, ive heard it all too much) He's still a "should be" felon, even though hes a good football player and will never get charged with the same stuff a normal person gets

edit: if anything, this is worse, cus now he knows he can get away with stuff.... as long as he's playing well that is

I don't see us getting our QB in this draft, sorry.

Cam Newton looks too much like Akili Smith or Seneca Wallace to me -- one monster year in a gimmicky offense.

Locker? Ummm, he has games where he can barely complete a pass.

Mallet strikes me as a punk. No thanks.

Maybe we can get a Stanzi, Mcelroy or Devlin later on and that might work out.

But I don't want to use a top 10 pick on a qb with HUGE question marks and red flags.

Especially when our defense sucks.

Gimme Ryan Kerrigan at #10. Then in the 2nd I'll take a nose tackle. Or maybe Wilkerson from Temple.

I don't see us getting our QB in this draft, sorry.

Cam Newton looks too much like Akili Smith or Seneca Wallace to me -- one monster year in a gimmicky offense.

I'm really curious what you think Newton has in common with Smith or Wallace other than being black.

It's comical. Newton is one game away from having the most dominant season by any college QB ever...he's got size, speed, accuracy & a big arm...but some people here are so convinced he'll bust, they'll revoke their fandom the second we draft him. :ols:

I'm with you on this man. The guy looks incredible and people are so scared of taking a chance on him because he makes a few mistakes as a 20 yr old kid and has a minor likeness in playing style to Vince Young? You would rather take another LB top 10 and hope some 6th rounder pans out at QB, come on....If Newton is there and we pass on him I will be pist. He is a talent that this franchise can't pass up on. Sad thing is I don't think he will be available.

I'm really curious what you think Newton has in common with Smith or Wallace other than being black.

Other than what I mentioned in my post? "One monster year in a gimmicky offense."

I'd never heard of any of them until their final year in college. I admit I'm not the biggest CFB fan but I watch my share. And I'm wary of drafting QB's who don't have a track record of operating a pro-style offense for years with LOTS of attempts, completions, yardage, TD's etc against lots of different defenses that are game-planning against them.

If I could think of a white qb with a similar resume, I suppose I'd mention him, but the fact is Akili Smith and Seneca Wallace remind me of Cam Newton -- even though they never put up anything resembling Newton's video game-esque stats.

Rex Grossman and Alex Smith sort of come close, but I think they started a lot more games in college.

Other than what I mentioned in my post? "One monster year in a gimmicky offense."

I'd never heard of any of them until their final year in college. I admit I'm not the biggest CFB fan but I watch my share. And I'm wary of drafting QB's who don't have a track record of operating a pro-style offense for years with LOTS of attempts, completions, yardage, TD's etc against lots of different defenses that are game-planning against them.

If I could think of a white qb with a similar resume, I suppose I'd mention him, but the fact is Akili Smith and Seneca Wallace remind me of Cam Newton -- even though they never put up anything resembling Newton's video game-esque stats.

Rex Grossman and Alex Smith sort of come close, but I think they started a lot more games in college.

Maybe you're right. You probably should watch more college football. Because the players you compared him to, just baffles me. You compare 6-6 250lb Newton to 5-11 200lb Wallace? Really? Also, there was nothing "monster" about Wallace's one year. His senior season he was a 55% passer that threw 15tds with 18ints. Now compare that to Newtons 67% and 28tds vs 6ints.

Now look at Smith. His passing numbers are similar but again, he's 3" shorter, 20lbs lighter and oh yeah, rushed for about 1300 yards less than Newton.

Also, the spread offense is far from a gimmick at this point. In fact, it's becoming the norm in college. I didn't hear Bradfords offense called a "gimmick".

Maybe you're right. You probably should watch more college football.

Well that ain't going to happen -- i generally work on Saturdays, and we've got twin baby girls at home, so if I want to continue watching the skins on Sundays, my saturdays for the next 20 years or so are more or less booked.

So I apologize for befouling this message board with my ill-informed, racially-tinged opinions.

I honestly have no clue what people said about Sam Bradford's offense, and I don't recall the vital stats of Seneca Wallace or Akili Smith. I merely remember them bursting upon the scene like supernovas as seniors, dropping a few highlight reel "signature moments" in college, then doing nothing on Sundays.

For all I know Ryan Kerrigan will be an epic bust of Katzenmoyer-esque proportions, and Cam Newton will end up a pro hybrid of Michael Vick and Dan Marino, except his version will have a super bowl ring on each finger of his golden right hand.

My opinion doesn't matter. And if we draft Cam Newton, I will be psyched, because that means Shanallen have done a ton of research and came up with a thumbs up on him, and that means something to me.

Of course if Vinny drafted Newton I would be much less optimistic about it. In fact, I would just assume he was doing what Snyder told him to do, because Newton would get the most "buzz" and sell the most jerseys right away.

But I am curious about something.

Newton has started what -- 13 or 14 games in division one?

Has any college quarterback -- ever -- started so few games, got drafted in the first round, and went on to have success in the NFL?

I'm not flaming, I really do want to know if that has ever happened before, and you seem to know more about college fb than me.

Archived