Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Inferior" Redskins propelled the Pats to 2003 SB Championship. (Video with a bonus included)

Drew_Fl

I recorded this off an NFL Network program of the 2003 Patriots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_3CktHZbzE

If that pissed you off, here's the bonus to make you feel a little better. If you hate Tom Jackson, here's him making a fool of himself on the same program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5a8CaQW9hM

To put it in context, the Pats had just released Lawyer Milloy and the Bills picked him up and they beat the Pats 31-0 that year on opening day.

The Redskins were an inferior team in 2003. That doesn't mean that they couldn't sneak up on a team like the Pats though.

And Tom Jackson is an analyst, they are almost never right, and their opinions on matters such as the one above hold just about the same weight as those that come from the average NFL fan.

The Redskins were an inferior team in 2003. That doesn't mean that they couldn't sneak up on a team like the Pats though.

I agree but that's not what i'm taking away from this. It should sour any fan that your team were the sprinboard to another team's SB win.

Yay, and within a few weeks we were watching this on live TV:

Lip flap was in '02. Pats game was in '03.

If we were inferior in '03, what were we when we got drummed 52-7 in '07? God, I cringe when I think about the Pats rolling in here next year. Please don't put us on prime time against them!

I agree but that's not what i'm taking away from this. It should sour any fan that your team were the sprinboard to another team's SB win.

Meh, I've kinda gotten used to that. We've been a lot of teams springboards/homecoming game over the years. The Giants game at FedEx back in '07 comes to mind. The Giants most likely would have fired Coughlin if we had beaten them and dropped them to 0-3 on the season.

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 03:48 PM ----------

If we were inferior in '03, what were we when we got drummed 52-7 in '07? God, I cringe when I think about the Pats rolling in here next year. Please don't put us on prime time against them!

I don't take much away from that game. The Pats were just that much better than everyone else in the regular season that year. There was nothing we could've done to stop them.

Meh, I've kinda gotten used to that. We've been a lot of teams springboards/homecoming game over the years. The Giants game at FedEx back in '07 comes to mind. The Giants most likely would have fired Coughlin if we had beaten them and dropped them to 0-3 on the season.

ugh when Betts tripped over the invisible feet. Thanks for reminding me :ols: . It is painful indeed.

I remember this game, that was my first ever Redskins game i went to. Although at that time i didn't realize how good the patriots actually were. What ever, soon enough the redskins will have their own special talking about our super bowl story led by shanahan.

Archived