Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So should Lorenzo Alexander be a starting LB or not?

justice98

Lorenzo Alexander seems in my opinion a leader on special teams, and an above average backup for multiple positions on defense. After reading some of the comments made, it seems like he could be a backup for DE/OLB/ILB/NT(maybe). Although he may never become one of those playmakers who gets int/sacks/tackles. He's one of those guys you can count on when a starter goes down. I think Alexander has become a fan favorite because of his blue collar work ethic, and many hope that he sticks with the Redskins for a while.

:cheers::cheers:

He's strong in run support. I think he would be best at the ILB position. All of our LBers have issues when it comes to covering a TE, in fact, it's an issue for many LBers in the league becaus they ahve to be good at both pass coverage and run stopping. In the 3-4, in the middle, the LBers shoot gaps on pass rushes and fill gaps in run defense. I think Alexander could be real good in such a capacity. He has talent rushing the passer, he's good in small spaces, just not open field against someone fast. It seems to me he is better suited to play ILB than OLB, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us let Rocky walk and move Zo inside to replace him, and have Riley and Henson compete.

He is a great story and a guy who should definitely be a part of our future - but not as a starting OLB. IMO he should be a backup, is probably more suited to playing ILB, could also be a part of some short yardage/goaline packages and a core special teams guy.

If we want to be a good defense we need a better athlete and play maker at OLB opposite Rak.

Archived