Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles/Vikings SNF Blizzard?

Eagles_Legendz

Postponing the game for threat of snow was one of the weakest things ever related to the city of Philadelphia.

It's mind-boggling how much we, as a country, have become paralyzed with fear when it comes to snow. Schools do this all the time as well by cancelling school because the Weather forecast calls for 2-4" of snow later in the day.

What irks me the most is the incredible disadvantage this puts the Eagles in, potentially having to play 3 games in 12 games (edit: DAYS). They couldn't even start the Tuesday game at 4 or 5, they had to make it an evening game to squeeze every ounce of television ratings out of it.

Hopefully the NFL learns from this and doesn't flex teams in cold cities to Sunday night games at this time of the year. If the game had been played when it was originally intended, it would probably have been ok.

What irks me the most is the incredible disadvantage this puts the Eagles in, potentially having to play 3 games in 12 games. They couldn't even start the Tuesday game at 4 or 5, they had to make it an evening game to squeeze every ounce of television ratings out of it.

The possible snow could have evened the playing field a little for MIN by reducing the passing game. It may work out in the Eagles favor that way.

PArt of me thinks Goodell did not want to see snowballs thrown from the upper deck on national TV like last time.

What irks me the most is the incredible disadvantage this puts the Eagles in, potentially having to play 3 games in 12 games. They couldn't even start the Tuesday game at 4 or 5, they had to make it an evening game to squeeze every ounce of television ratings out of it.
Don't worry, the NFL will ensure that Philly Plays the late game on Wild Card Sunday, if they even have to play.

It's mind-boggling how much we, as a country, have become paralyzed with fear when it comes to snow. Schools do this all the time as well by cancelling school because the Weather forecast calls for 2-4" of snow later in the day.

Hopefully the NFL learns from this and doesn't flex teams in cold cities to Sunday night games at this time of the year. If the game had been played when it was originally intended, it would probably have been ok.

3 games in 12 games? ...what does that mean?

3 games in 12 games? ...what does that mean?
Tonight (Day 1)

Sunday (Day 5)

Wild Card Sunday (Day 12)

---------- Post added December-28th-2010 at 02:51 PM ----------

If the Bears win next week, they wrap up the #2 seed in the NFC. The Eagles will in fact play 3 games in 12 days.

More from the Governor' date=' I like this guy -

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything," Rendell added. "If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."

Link- [url']http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5960674[/url]

Didn't China have a gigantic traffic jam that made the news here (EDIT: 9 days!!!!)? This governor is a moron who probably would have had his driver take him to and from the game.

Archived