Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins DVDs Question?

Peytskins47

Hello all-if this thread needs to be moved I am sorry. I had a question about some Redskins DVDs and NFL Films DVDs in general.

Currently I have the 'Washington Redskins Greatest Games' DVD, the 'Washington Redskins Super Bowl Champions DVD Collection' and the 'America's Game: Washington Redskins DVD'. There are some Redskins DVDs at nflshop.com that I wonder if anyone has and can tell me if they are worth purchasing.

One is this one: http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3258979&cp=716689.2598738&pageType=family&parentPage=family

And another: http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4287925&cp=716689.2598738&pageType=family&parentPage=family

Basically just wanted to know if any ESers had these DVDs, enjoyed them, etc. There are also some NFL Films Legends of Autumn DVDs that look like they could be good. Anybody have any of those?

I realize each thought does not deserve its own thread, but help a poor guy out! Thanks.

I have the first one and it is without a doubt the best sports DVD I own.

It goes all the way back to the thirties and some of those highlights even have color!

It encompasses nearly every season in history and thankfully leaves out the spurrier years but unfortunately ends with the beginning of zorn year one

Thanks, I will probably get that. I like the old stuff, it will be neat seeing Sammy, Sonny and the older Skins.

The three Super Bowl win DVD is a must have. They are good. I'm about to get the America's Game DVDs because I've seen the shows and they are fun. There is also the rivalry DVD I'm gonna get because it has the 82 NFC Championship. Don't care aabout the other two games in the set, but that game is classic.

The three Super Bowl win DVD is a must have. They are good. I'm about to get the America's Game DVDs because I've seen the shows and they are fun. There is also the rivalry DVD I'm gonna get because it has the 82 NFC Championship. Don't care aabout the other two games in the set, but that game is classic.

I got the Redskins beating Cowboys DVD for Christmas. I watched the 1982 NFC Championship game that afternoon and the last 5 minutes of the other games last night. It is worth buying even though there is NO bonus material at all (no pregame, half time, or any post game show).

I wish they would do something like this for the 1972 NFC Championship (even if they did not have all the plays).

I'm not home right now so I can't say the exact names, I did pick that vs Dallas one up a while back, have the Americas game ones, and one that covers the 3 superbowls in their entirety, the original broadcasts, which is pretty cool. I wish they left the commercials in there though, that would have been a good laugh lol

1982 NFC Championship, Monday Night Miracle, and Hand of God (AKA Sean Taylor blocked FG return game).

Each game is on its own DVD and the main menu for each DVD allows you to select a quarter to start from (IE you don't have to FF through the first 55 minutes of the game to get to the last 5 minutes).

I can't believe the 87 strike game isn't on there...I mean guys Joe took off the street beating Cowboy starters. C'mon man!

Don't get me started on that ... LOL

I know there are better games ... 1983 in Irving: both teams 12-2, battle for division supremacy, the "No Danny No" play that turned a close game into a Redskin rout 31-10; 1984 in Irving: both teams 9-5, Giants and Cardinals nipping at our heels, Skins down 21-6 at half, quickly score on a Green "Pick Six" and a TD on offense set up by special teams, first regular season sweep of 'girls.

I got both of those for Christmas and, while I haven't gone through them completely, like what I have seen so far.

Wait, there's no football tonight courtesy of Mother Nature ... time to get those puppies in my DVD player. :-)

cheers

1982 NFC Championship, Monday Night Miracle, and Hand of God (AKA Sean Taylor blocked FG return game).

Each game is on its own DVD and the main menu for each DVD allows you to select a quarter to start from (IE you don't have to FF through the first 55 minutes of the game to get to the last 5 minutes).

Thanks! Defintely gotta get this DVD

1972 NFC Championship would be great, but I don't think anybody has it. I even asked Bruce Allen if the Allen family still had the game films for this (and come to think of it, he didn't say no......).

NFL Films has a 22 min highlight film of this game and it is $50 (ouch). I would have loved to have seen this on there as "bonus material". BTW, I did send an email to NFL Films asking about what they had for the 1972 Championship game. I'm guessing that since Dallas lost, they don't have much. :) ..would love to see this as another "Lost Treasures" piece for NFL Films.

Just remember when you watch the 82 Championship game, all the runs at the end were called by Grimm because he wanted to beat the crap out of Randy White. It doesn't get ANY better then that!!

And don't forget the end of the game when Theismann took the knee on the fourth down play which turned the ball over on downs with 12 seconds left. Does anyone remember who lined up as the Dallas QB?

And don't forget the end of the game when Theismann took the knee on the fourth down play which turned the ball over on downs with 12 seconds left. Does anyone remember who lined up as the Dallas QB?

Drew Pearson? (I remember this from the original game and was watching for it when I saw it the other day)

BTW, notice how Gibbs' hat disappears near the end of the game. Some guy wrote Redskins Nation that he was the one who swiped it. I think he returned it (??)

---------- Post added December-29th-2010 at 02:51 PM ----------

05660_9599.jpg

Is this the one with the three Super Bowl victories in their entirety?

Yes. Worth buying. Take the Broncos game DVD and play the 2nd quarter in an endless loop and watch Todd Lilly chase people in vain.

Archived