Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News- "The Revelation of the Magi"

Chachie

I had not heard of this until this morning. I'm still trying to read different links to get more info on the recently-discovered text. It was apparently told from the POV of the "Three Wise Men" who traveled to Bethlehem.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wise-men-ancient-text-differs-bible-tale-magi/story?id=12460820&tqkw=&tqshow=NL

A christian scholar says he's translated it and makes some bold claims. I'll add more of my thoughts after hitting some more links about it but I wanted to get it on the board for Christmas. Interesting topic for the season.

BTW- Supposedly translated from a 600-800 AD text that I think claims origination from 200-300 AD.

Yep it's Christmas, time for the media to start digging out all of those obscure texts, which have no bearing on the scriptures.

We'll be seeing this again come Resurrection Sunday.

Eh, I guess it's just interesting to some folks. It's not gonna stop me from celebrating Christmas, so let 'em have at it.

I had not heard of this until this morning. I'm still trying to read different links to get more info on the recently-discovered text. It was apparently told from the POV of the "Three Wise Men" who traveled to Bethlehem.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wise-men-ancient-text-differs-bible-tale-magi/story?id=12460820&tqkw=&tqshow=NL

A christian scholar says he's translated it and makes some bold claims. I'll add more of my thoughts after hitting some more links about it but I wanted to get it on the board for Christmas. Interesting topic for the season.

BTW- Supposedly translated from a 600-800 AD text that I think claims origination from 200-300 AD.

Interesting? yes.

Take it seriously? No. Because it's hard to when it contradicts the Matthew account which was recorded within 50-60 years of the event versus 200-300 for this.

Thanks for posting it though. :)

Interesting? yes.

Take it seriously? No. Because it's hard to when it contradicts the Matthew account which was recorded within 50-60 years of the event versus 200-300 for this.

Thanks for posting it though. :)

And, I believe (apart from the stories from Jesus' early years), it was a first hand account of events experienced by St. Matthew, who was one of Jesus' 12 disciples.

Archived