Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: With Gano hurt, Redskins to Work Out Other Kickers

s0crates

SHanny already said Gano is the future kicker of this team because he is young and has alot of potential to be on the best. Remember David Akers??? He's just bringing in kickers because Gano has an injury.

For the love of Pete...

David Akers kicked ONE game for us. ONE. O-N-E.

Scott Blanton was the kicker in '98. He kicked the first two games. He also kicked for us in 96 and 97. He struggled, he was let go.

We sign rookie David Akers. He misses two field goals. We cut him, especially because Cary Blanchard, who wasn't a stud by any means but was more proven than a rookie who was 0/2 was available.

For the love of Pete...

David Akers kicked ONE game for us. ONE. O-N-E.

Scott Blanton was the kicker in '98. He kicked the first two games. He also kicked for us in 96 and 97. He struggled, he was let go.

We sign rookie David Akers. He misses two field goals. We cut him, especially because Cary Blanchard, who wasn't a stud by any means but was more proven than a rookie who was 0/2 was available.

I hear ya :ols:

It's getting kind of old hearing Akers' name used as a reason why we should never release another kicker ever again.

At this point I haven't seen anything from Gano that would lead me to believe he's any good. I thought Suisham sucked, and as far as I can tell, Gano is worse. :-/

For what it's worth.....During gano's post game interview with KJ on comcast Gano stated that he initially hurt his ribs in the game against Detroit and has been "rehabbing" the ribs ever since. He stated that he reaggravated the ribs during the botched extra point at the end of the game. Gano also said that during pregame warmups he had his best warm up session of the season and was booming them from over 50 yards.

We all know Gano has certainly not been the best for us. I don't think that means we should can him. He is young, with great leg strength. I would almost bet that his accuracy is fine in practice situations. That means he has 2/3 of the equation. Accuracy and leg strength. All he needs to add to that is confidence/nerves. He needs to quit being scared to miss. People miss it happens. Heck even Favre missed a game (finally). Will we blame you when you miss? Sometimes. Will your confidence that you can make every kick make you better? Absolutely. No problems with a young Gano. Go out there and do your job. No more no less. Kick the ball, don't try to win games.

Archived