Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long had Torain been playing hurt? Never saw this kind of pep in his step before?

NoCalMike

Who's Most to Blame?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Most to Blame?

Before Torain went out with the injury, he really looked like a RB that could pick up the tought yards, break tackles, and rumble downhill, however a burst of speed was never one of the attributes I'd describe for him.

Today, I dunno if it was the fact that he wasn't getting initial contact from Tampa's D-line, or if he was just finally playing healthy, but the guy had a burst of speed at the point of handoff that I have never seen from him.

i thought that was just me. ya, he definitely looked fast. that, and we've gotten used to running backs that cant break long runs to save their lives. and ones that go down if someone breathes on them.

every week, i see highlights of other teams and i see other teams players look so dangerous, and i think to myself how we have nobody like that on our team. thats how i thought torain looked today.

I actually thought he looked worse today than he did at the beginning of the year. He wasn't steamrolling people like he did in the Eagles game. I think the holes were just there for him today, and he is the type of runner that will take what the Oline is giving him, and usually wont try to cut something back that's not there.

That being said, I think fans tend to overrate speed when it comes to RBs. For sure, you have to have some speed. But at the end of the day, the Chris Johnsons are the exceptions. Adrian Peterson, Portis, Tomlinson, etc. all strike me as guys who have more than enough speed to get the job done, aren't necessarily the fastest guys on the field, but can still churn out big gainers because of their vision and RB skills.

Guest Spearfeather
He's looked good-great whenever he's been in there.

If he can shake the injury thing he could be our starter for years.

I would be more than happy to see him starting for us next year, aternating with a smaller cut-back type of runner, whoever that may be.

I just wish they would use him more in short yardage situations.

I must admit he looked pretty good for a guy who as nursing a hamstring for a few weeks.

He still looks a little slow (NFL slow) and on a lot of those runs he was mostly untouched. Give him credit for picking the right holes and breaking a couple tackles. :thumbsup:

I believe on his very first run (our first snap) if he had cut to the inside, he could have taken it all the way.

I think he's looked decent or better "whenever" he's been in the game.. He's just been out with that hammy for 3 weeks, until today.. I seriously doubt he'll be nearly that effective against Dallas, but 100 yards would be nice.. (Oh, and double digit carries in the 2nd half of a game would be nice as well)

Archived