Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Van Halen very likely to release new album and tour in 2011

Commander PK

I have been following this website for years. The website is maintained by fans who used to do the "The Inside" Van Halen fan club magazine, which I used to subscribe to, before they stopped publishing due to the inactivity of the band. I have no doubt that these are the bands intentions. Lot's of encouraging information in this news for Van Halen fans.

www.vhnd.com

The following breaking news is sure to come as a welcome Holiday gift for Van Halen fans around the world who’ve been dying to know if the band is planning on releasing new music or touring in the near future.

Sources tell the Van Halen News Desk that the band is very eager to tour, and that they want to tour behind new material. Eddie Van Halen has been very busy during most of 2010 writing music. Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen often join Eddie in the 5150 studio and the three of them have been hard at work jamming and recording demos. The three Van Halens have been sending the music to David Lee Roth, who’s adding the lyrics. Two of our sources have heard some of the early versions of the tracks (without vocals) and were very pleased. The music is said to sound like straight ahead rock ‘n’ roll and “very Van Halen.”

After talking to several producers, the band has chosen GRAMMY award winner producer/songwriter/musician John Shanks (whom Clive Davis calls “the father of that guitar-driven kind of pop sound”). In January, 2011, David, Eddie, Alex & Wolfgang will head into the studio to begin recording with the much sought-after producer. The band is hopeful that the recording sessions will lead to a full studio album that would be completed and available sometime next year. (Click link for more)

Here's to hoping this all pans out. For some reason, I think we are good to go this time. No more false hopes. :cheers:

---------- Post added December-9th-2010 at 09:03 PM ----------

Rumor: Warner Bros is preparing to release re-masters of the four Sammy Hagar era Van Halen CDs.

Partially True. They are talking about releasing remasters of the Sammy Hagar era albums, but nothing has been decided yet.

I would definitely like to hear remastered versions of these albums. Especially OU812. Good music on that album, but the master was horrible. Zero bottom. Couldn't hear any bass in the mix at all.

Awesome. thanks for posting....

I saw them in 2008 and they kicked ass.

So, Dave cant kick as high as he once could... big deal. Eddie still rocked the house and they traded one mullet for another mullet on bass. It's the best Van Halen has sounded in over 20 years (I was not a van hagar fan).... this should be cool to see what they can do.

Glad they finally got Eddie off of his ass to actually write something. It has been way too long. Hopefully, it turns out better than 3 did.

I agree. I've been patiently waiting for new Van Halen ever since Dave was announced to be back in the band. Honestly, when Van Halen 3 was released...I was very disappointed with the album. Exceptions being "Without You," and "Fire in the Hole." Nobody is a bigger Van Halen fan then me, and that album was such a let down at the time. I've said it on here before in similar threads, but I broke the album out last year and gave it another listen. I have to say, I think people were just so turned off (myself included) about having a third singer join the band, they just dismissed the album altogether. Reality, was that was some of Eddie's best playing in years. Some of the songs I've really come to like, "One I want", and "Dirty Water Dog" immediately come to mind. Had the album been from any other band other than Van Halen, it might have been accepted as pretty decent.

of course "How Many Say I" is still an abomination. I love Eddie man, but he needs to stick to guitar. I actually laughed out loud in spite of myself the first time I heard him and Cherone "harmonizing" on that song.... "and then say I LOVE YOU..but aren't willing to show...." :ols: My ears wouldn't let me believe just how bad it was. For anybody who thinks I'm exaggerating that hasn't heard the song. Here you go. They should have just stopped after the nice piano intro. :ols:

VanHagar4Life

Check out this demo from the 5150 sessions when Hagar first joined the band. The intro sounds like "Good Enough." Eddie is just unreal. Even in this unreleased, incomplete song, you can still hear the awesomeness in his playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE_NaEsDd4c&feature=related

---------- Post added December-10th-2010 at 10:51 PM ----------

Great news, oh wait, this is 2010. Should've done this ages ago.

Yes, but if the album kicks ass. All will be forgiven, and right with the world. :)

Archived