Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Sean McVay Replaces Jon Embree as Tight Ends Coach

Conn

Looks like Embree took that head coaching gig at University of Colorado:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/sean-mcvay-replaces-jon-embree.html (Thanks to Hap)

First-year offensive assistant Sean McVay has replaced Jon Embree as the Redskins' tight ends coach.

After Embree left the team Sunday to become head coach of the University of Colorado, Coach Mike Shanahan promoted McVay, 24, to a position coach. Previously, McVay assisted Embree and wide receivers coach Keenan McCardell.

Last season, McVay worked under defensive coordinator Jim Haslett while Haslett was the head coach of the United Football League's Florida Tuskers. McVay served as the Tuskers' tight ends coach and also worked with the team's running backs.

McVay began his NFL coaching career in 2008 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, working under Bruce Allen, who was hired as the Redskins' general manager in 2009. McVay is a graduate of Miami of Ohio, where he played wideout.

Rest at link.

McVay's grandfather, John, was a longtime, successful executive with the San Francisco 49ers. John McVay, the 49ers' vice president/director of football operations, was selected the NFL executive of the year in 1989. The 49ers won five Super Bowls during his tenure.

That's the rest of the article, was it really worth leaving that part out and saying rest at link? lol

McVay's grandfather, John, was a longtime, successful executive with the San Francisco 49ers. John McVay, the 49ers' vice president/director of football operations, was selected the NFL executive of the year in 1989. The 49ers won five Super Bowls during his tenure.

That's the rest of the article, was it really worth leaving that part out and saying rest at link? lol

:ols: To be fair, its against board rules to copy + paste entire articles in the OP. So I had to leave SOMETHING out. haha

The dude is 24....hasn´t played TE. I gess they know what they are doing. But I really don´t see why I should trust this guy to make Cooley, Davis and others better TE´s.

Is this the guy... http://twitter.com/seanmcvay

It's almost the end of the season so I doubt there are a ton of qualified candidates waiting around for the phone to ring. I see no problem with evaluating possible coaching talent just like we would young players in the end of what will ultimately be a losing season. If he does a great job then we can get a cheap coach with some upside. If he's a flop then we replace him in a few months with no damage done.

It's almost the end of the season so I doubt there are a ton of qualified candidates waiting around for the phone to ring. I see no problem with evaluating possible coaching talent just like we would young players in the end of what will ultimately be a losing season. If he does a great job then we can get a cheap coach with some upside. If he's a flop then we replace him in a few months with no damage done.

In that case it makes sence...I thought this was for next season and so on, not just for one month.

Archived