Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LandryHat: Cowboys Essentially Eliminated From Playoffs (99.9%)

tr1

http://thelandryhat.com/2010/12/06/cowboys-mathematically-eliminated-from-playoffs/

AUTHOR: Joe D. Ramirez

Despite being 3-1 in their last four games:ols:, the Dallas Cowboys surge is simply too little too late. There are two wild card playoff spots in the NFC which are presently occupied by one 9-3 team (New Orleans Saints) and three 8-4 teams (Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, and the Green Bay Packers). Unfortunately for the Cowboys, they do not own the head to head tie breaker against the Packers. Consequently the Cowboys wild-card pulse has been extinguished.

The Cowboys could still win the NFC East division if the Giants and Eagles, who are both at 8-4, were to lose the remainder of their games:ols:. There is one big problem with that – the Giants and Eagles play against each other on December 19. Even a tie would place them at 8.5 wins securing their advantage over the Cowboys.

There is an incredibly remote chance. .1% is better than 0%. It would involve the Seahawks winning the West, the Rams finishing at 8-8 along with the Cowboys, Eagles, and Packers.

So there you have it. The Cowboys have a statistically insignificant chance to make the playoffs. Though Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts was easily one of the most entertaining games of the year. While the Cowboys likely won’t be playing come mid-January, the games aren’t necessarily any less entertaining.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 01:45 PM ----------

:rotflmao:

Oh, keep on winning meaningless games pukeville! It drops you in the draft and makes you believe you're a good team without many problems.

Knowledgeable puke fans might have heard Aikman's comment about the team...the DEFENSE sucks. It's old, has holes and won't be repaired anytime soon.

Oh, and you have the problem with Romo sits to pee...should he come back and lose a couple, it'll be fun to see the reaction.

So now, we can put an END to the question, so aptly put by a puke player before the season: Who will the pukes play in the Super Bowl?

Answer: :rotflmao:

As long as we beat the Skins and the Eagles at least once, i'm good.

We know we have problems but it is more important to the the ship pointed in the right direction. The Skin's ship is in reverse...not the direction I would want the Cowboys to be going at this point...

And they'll probably still pass us for 3rd place.

Eh...that we were competitive this year as much as we were was a surprise to me. I VERY optimistically predicted a 10-6 season, but that was giving us a lot of breaks. Realistically, I had us at 7-9 or MAYBE 8-8. So I'm pleasantly surprised this year

We know we have problems but it is more important to the the ship pointed in the right direction. The Skin's ship is in reverse...not the direction I would want the Cowboys to be going at this point...

Kenny, you're pretty funny.

Only a complete homer would say that a team picked to win the SB that has been eliminated from the playoffs in early December would say that they're going in the 'right direction.':ols:

Awesome post, man.

Yeah, 4-8 is definitely the right direction following a 12-4 season. As opposed to 5-7, which actually IS the right direction after a 4-12 season.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 02:19 PM ----------

Kenny, you're pretty funny.

Only a complete homer would say that a team picked to win the SB that has been eliminated from the playoffs in early December would say that they're going in the 'right direction.':ols:

Awesome post, man.

But they haven't been. There's still a .1% chance that they make it. :ols:

KX5jNnDMfxA

lol, if that makes you feel better because it's your super bowl, BWAHAHAHAHA

Eh...that we were competitive this year as much as we were was a surprise to me. I VERY optimistically predicted a 10-6 season, but that was giving us a lot of breaks. Realistically, I had us at 7-9 or MAYBE 8-8. So I'm pleasantly surprised this year

So you had a "very optimistic" prediction... a "realistic prediction"... how many others?

"very pessimistic" - 2-14...

super-duper optimistic - 16-0.

Once again, your post is a disappointment.

Who will coach the pukes next season to include the staff?

Who will be the GM next season?

Who do they draft/acquire in FA?

Who do they bring back?

Perhaps those questions should be answered before commenting on which direction the ship is pointing.

Once again, your post is a disappointment.

Who will coach the pukes next season to include the staff?

Who will be the GM next season?

Who do they draft/acquire in FA?

Who do they bring back?

Perhaps those questions should be answered before commenting on which direction the ship is pointing.

Garrett is 3-1 since taking over, and has this team playing hard while greatly reducing their mistakes, I'm willing to bet he keeps the HC job, and will be hiring a staff for himself in the offseason

GM will sadly continue to be Jerruh, hopefully he'll keep listening to his scouts and not do anything too stupid.

Too early to say who the Cowboys will pick up in the off season, but they sorely need 2 new safeties, RG, RT, and probably a center too, though the whole line has played much better since Wade was fired, who knew actually practicing hard in pads could make such a different.

I am withholding judgment about the directions these teams are heading, but Garrett really has turned this team around, it's hard to argue with 3-1 after starting 1-7

Nope, my only prediction was the optimistic one. My realistic record was what I was preparing for though.

I gotcha. I guess if that is your logic, I'd say my way is to make predictions based on a realistic approach (because it's "realistic"), and I would obviously hope for an "optimistic outcome" - but that wouldn't (and probably shouldn't) be a prediction (since a prediction doesn't affect an outcome anyway).

Anyway, as for the Cowboys, it's sour that the Cowboys are doing better these days, but it's nice that they are yet again eliminated from the playoffs. Nice and early this season.

In the long term, as long as they continue to deny their problems on the line (and fail to correctly address them), they'll probably be continuing to struggle regardless of who their coach is. Much like another NFC East team.

Garrett is 3-1 since taking over, and has this team playing hard while greatly reducing their mistakes, I'm willing to bet he keeps the HC job, and will be hiring a staff for himself in the offseason

GM will sadly continue to be Jerruh, hopefully he'll keep listening to his scouts and not do anything too stupid.

Too early to say who the Cowboys will pick up in the off season, but they sorely need 2 new safeties, RG, RT, and probably a center too, though the whole line has played much better since Wade was fired, who knew actually practicing hard in pads could make such a different.

I am withholding judgment about the directions these teams are heading, but Garrett really has turned this team around, it's hard to argue with 3-1 after starting 1-7

Perhaps you were watching a different game than me on Sunday? I saw Manning tie the game on the final drive, and the announcers explain that the pukes' defense has sucked all year...and continue to suck.

Garrett and the pukes escaped with a win over a crippled Colts' team.

But, hey, I hope he comes back...and I hope nothing changes on that o-line...or in your backfield. And, I know Romo sits to pee will be back, blowing games when they count the most.

Garrett is a two game losing streak away from becoming as hated as Wade.

:rotflmao:

Archived