Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What can the team do with the fans to improve the homefield advantage....

bedlamVR

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Obviously winning is #1, but I voted another option because I still think there are other things that can be done to help the home field advantage which is what the thread premise is all about. I voted for the ticket buyback, but I think it's a toss up between the ticket buyback and the youth initiative and here is my reasoning: Coming from a perspective of someone who has only made a few games @ FedEx, every game I've been to I've been shocked at the number of opposing team fans at the game. These two options will at least make some minor bumps in the percentage of Skins fans at the game compared to the opposing team.

There needs to be sections by each endzone for the loud passionate fan. Not sure how it's enforced other than when given the ticket knowing that it's for home fans that will be loud and reckless. Like the student section of college, their goal is to be as loud and stubborn to the opponent as possible.

Won't happen, because you would have to make the tickets reasonably priced. Because the roudy fan can't afford $300 tickets.

This clearly has nothing to do with the things mentioned in the poll. This all the Redskins showing up to play. Forget if you are at home field and just play the game like your life depends on it.

Something has been telling me that Dan Snyder is going to do what he normally does and fire the head coach after two loosing seasons. People tell me that, he wouldn't just fire a head coach like Mike Shanahan, but Dan Snyder fits my image of a rich kid, playing fantasy football. If something does not work, he gets rid of it and moves on to another big name. Bash me if you want, but I have the feeling that Shanahan & son will get the same treatment if they don't find a solution at wide receiver and offensive line.

Here is my solution. Maybe Dan Snyder should reconsider (Marty Schottenheimer). He did pretty good coaching the Kansas City Chiefs for 10 seasons. He gave them three divisional titles and seven play off appearances. After we released him after an 8-8 season, he went to the Chargers. Didn't start out too hot, but have eventually got them to 16-2. I think Dan Snyder should have kept this man as head coach for our football team. He keeps teams together in the locker room and stays fired up no matter if it's a home game or away game.

This is the type of man we need coaching our team. I'm pretty sure he would be up for the job again, with a much better GM, like Bruce Allen.

Move out of the dump called FREDUP field, that place sucks bad.

Even if we were a good team, the stadium and the location are horrible. I have been to 19 different stadiums, and FEDUP is as bad as the worst by a mile

Well, Jack Ken Cooke, built the stadium. There were numerous locations that were looked at before building it. One was RFK and another was B&O rail yard in Arlington, VA. PG County gave him the best deal, so thats where it went. If I'm correct, Snyder has to operate FedEx for 7 more years under contract. But something tells me, he is working on paying out the contract and getting a state of the art stadium built where RFK is standing.

If we get a new stadium, this will probably be the last big thing that Snyder does for a while. But this is what upsets me about our owner. Your team has been on a decline sense you owned it and all you can think of is money? Supposedly he wants a retractable roof stadium that seats 110,000 people and host events like The World Cup, Olympics and Superbowl. So now, with a state of the art stadium, we can loose in style and in front of more people. I believe that this big spending may result to Dan Snyder loosing the team in the future. If you are spending millions of dollars and giving people, very little to be happy about, people will stop coming to the games. If people stop coming, the owner looses money. If the owner looses too much, he looks to sell the team.

Would John Ken Cooke, buy the team back from Dan Snyder?

The last thing i want to see is another front office ploy to pull fans in and try to draw attention away from the trainwreck on the field. The team needs to say "screw the fans, we want to win for ourselves, because were sick of being manhandled every week and being the laughing stock of the NFL".

Have some pride and personal accountability and stop waiting for a teammate to bail you out. Do it yourself for yourself

Move the team and get an expansion team in here.

Best way to improve homefield advantage. How can you cheer for this team right now.

They wear you all the way down.

I hate to say this but maybe it will take (John Ken Cooke) getting the team back, after Snyder goes broke and puts it up for sale. I think we would be much better off if John Ken Cooke had never sold the team. Not to say that we couldn't have had success under Snyder, but a lot of his misfortune, resulted in a unreliable GM known as Vinny Ceratto. He drafted more QB and WR's without getting O-Linemen.

John Ken Cooke has probably been watching Redskins games the past 10 years, in disappointment.

A less burnt out, frustrated answer is time.

A whole lot of time. We need to become the 2010 Washington Wizards and be willing to be bad. No offseason craziness. Build the damn team. Be bad in 2011 if there's a season. Then finally start coming together in 2012.

Well, Jack Ken Cooke, built the stadium. There were numerous locations that were looked at before building it. One was RFK and another was B&O rail yard in Arlington, VA. PG County gave him the best deal, so thats where it went. If I'm correct, Snyder has to operate FedEx for 7 more years under contract. But something tells me, he is working on paying out the contract and getting a state of the art stadium built where RFK is standing.

If we get a new stadium, this will probably be the last big thing that Snyder does for a while. But this is what upsets me about our owner. Your team has been on a decline sense you owned it and all you can think of is money? Supposedly he wants a retractable roof stadium that seats 110,000 people and host events like The World Cup, Olympics and Superbowl. So now, with a state of the art stadium, we can loose in style and in front of more people. I believe that this big spending may result to Dan Snyder loosing the team in the future. If you are spending millions of dollars and giving people, very little to be happy about, people will stop coming to the games. If people stop coming, the owner looses money. If the owner looses too much, he looks to sell the team.

Would John Ken Cooke, buy the team back from Dan Snyder?

You are correct, we had a chance with the location next to RFK, but our wonderful Mayor Sharon Pratt Kelly wouldn't work with JCK.

I also know a guy who owned land at Potomac yards in Alexandria, another potential spot, and he didn't want it to be there, now look at Potomac yards, it is a 7 day a week mecca.

I think having this generic stadium in PG county is such a disjustice to the history of the Redskins, I do agree though, JCK had little choices left

winning or if snyder sells the team

neither of which will happen in my lifetime

I wouldn't say neither. If I am correct, the former owner of the Eagles lost the team by spending loads of money and gambling on the teams success. The resulted in him going broke and selling the team. I could see Dan Snyder taking the same route, but more with huge contract signings and loosing seasons. Again, what's going to happen when the Redskins hit an all time level of lame and people finally stop coming to the games? That means the stadium stops making money and the games get blacked out. This has happened to teams like Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars. As a result of black outs, the owners must by the remainder of the tickets. But when this happens, owners aren't making anymore than what they are spending because their money is going in a circle. Normally this result in a greater loss because it gets to the point where the stadium is as empty as a rained out college game. That means crows are sitting in the stands.

Here is one more reason that could result in Snyder loosing the team. The team could begin to loose money if fans switch over to the Baltimore Ravens. Ravens have continued to rebuild sense they got their new coach and it's beginning to work. They are seeing the play offs and getting a lot more happier fans. Now you tell me, what happens when Redskins release good players and they end up signing with the Ravens? Or imagine the Redskins releasing someone like Chris Cooley and he strikes to deal with the Ravens owner himself? That's a lot of fans that will be upset with Washington and become Ravens fans. Basically what I am saying is that the Ravens success could hurt the Redskins, if Snyder doesn't find a solution at head coaching and on field personnel.

I wouldn't say neither. If I am correct, the former owner of the Eagles lost the team by spending loads of money and gambling on the teams success. The resulted in him going broke and selling the team. I could see Dan Snyder taking the same route, but more with huge contract signings and loosing seasons. Again, what's going to happen when the Redskins hit an all time level of lame and people finally stop coming to the games? That means the stadium stops making money and the games get blacked out. This has happened to teams like Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars. As a result of black outs, the owners must by the remainder of the tickets. But when this happens, owners aren't making anymore than what they are spending because their money is going in a circle. Normally this result in a greater loss because it gets to the point where the stadium is as empty as a rained out college game. That means crows are sitting in the stands.

Here is one more reason that could result in Snyder loosing the team. The team could begin to loose money if fans switch over to the Baltimore Ravens. Ravens have continued to rebuild sense they got their new coach and it's beginning to work. They are seeing the play offs and getting a lot more happier fans. Now you tell me, what happens when Redskins release good players and they end up signing with the Ravens? Or imagine the Redskins releasing someone like Chris Cooley and he strikes to deal with the Ravens owner himself? That's a lot of fans that will be upset with Washington and become Ravens fans. Basically what I am saying is that the Ravens success could hurt the Redskins, if Snyder doesn't find a solution at head coaching and on field personnel.

Snyder's goons will just sell the open seats to fans of the opposoing teams.

He will start marketing fans in other cities to watch their team take on the redskins at fedex. The Nationals do it, why not Snyder

Fan forum???? Gayest thing ever written here.

The skins have to play better. Duh.

Rfk was a dump but is fondly remembered because of the games won there.

Even when the chiefs were 3-13, arrowhead was still a nightmare for any team to go into an win. Maybe you should come up with an original idea before being so dismissive of others' ideas

Snyder's goons will just sell the open seats to fans of the opposoing teams.

He will start marketing fans in other cities to watch their team take on the redskins at fedex. The Nationals do it, why not Snyder

It's possible, but if the Ravens go seasons with being in knee's length of seeing superbowls, it will hurt the Washington Redskins big time. Imagine if Ravens ended up getting a state of the art stadium within the next decade. How is that going to make the Washington Redskins look? The way I see it, Ravens saw 1 superbowl within the past decade and did not have a big name coach. Lets also mention that it was one of the best superbowls within the past decade. There was constant scoring and neither team gave up.

Lets also mention the possibility of a block out in the NFL. Are fans still going to be as interested in football after seeing the Washington Wizards improve? 1 year of no football could change people's minds about keep season tickets.

Archived