Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please don't drink and drive

OrangeSkin

I wouldn't call driving after 3 or 4 beers drunk driving

I know what you mean but the law recognizes it as drunk driving. That is why many times the penalties are not as high as people think they should be because the blood alcohol limit is at the point where many people feel you can be legally drunk and still drive fine...wether that is true or not who knows.

I know what you mean but the law recognizes it as drunk driving. That is why many times the penalties are not as high as people think they should be because the blood alcohol limit is at the point where many people feel you can be legally drunk and still drive fine...wether that is true or not who knows.

That is why there is Field Sobriety Tests not just breath testers in the field. If you pass the field sobriety tests then the cop will never know what you BAC is.. however if you fail parts of them you are obviously showing signs that your BAC is elevated and your coordination and reaction time is impaired.... Just cause you think your driiving fine means nothing.

That is why there is Field Sobriety Tests not just breath testers in the field. If you pass the field sobriety tests then the cop will never know what you BAC is.. however if you fail parts of them you are obviously showing signs that your BAC is elevated and your coordination and reaction time is impaired.... Just cause you think your driiving fine means nothing.

Yeah thats kinda my point what the OP is saying is don't drive drunk and others, like myself, have said they don't drive drunk but sometimes do drive after drinking. Sometimes you don't realize you are driving impaired which is still dangerous. Ideally you should not drive after having more than 2 drinks but that is never gonna happen in this world.

If a cop suspects you of driving while impaired, it doesn't matter if you pass field tests. Even if you pass them 100% they are still gonna whip out the breathalizer and if you blow over, your going to jail. At least that's what happened to me. Judge found me guilty even though I passed every field test. The cop even testified i passed all the test except the breath test. I blew a .08. jail time, a lot of money in fines, lost my licence for a year, asap classes, aa classes, etc. Ther should be stiff penalties for DUI no doubt, but IMO it should be based on how drunk you are and if you are a repeat offeneder. That being said I learned my lesson and won't be driving with ANY alcohol in my system. Ever. When I was in jail I swear to god 75% of the people I met were in there for DUI.

If a cop suspects you of driving while impaired, it doesn't matter if you pass field tests. Even if you pass them 100% they are still gonna whip out the breathalizer and if you blow over, your going to jail. At least that's what happened to me. Judge found me guilty even though I passed every field test. The cop even testified i passed all the test except the breath test. I blew a .08. jail time, a lot of money in fines, lost my licence for a year, asap classes, aa classes, etc. Ther should be stiff penalties for DUI no doubt, but IMO it should be based on how drunk you are and if you are a repeat offeneder. That being said I learned my lesson and won't be driving with ANY alcohol in my system. Ever. When I was in jail I swear to god 75% of the people I met were in there for DUI.

Its funny because I hear this same story a lot it but then I also hear the story of how a guy has gotten 5 DUIs still has his license and then ends up killing someone while driving drunk. It seems like there is a lot of inconsistency in the sentences imo.

CFNP111910CFCarcrash.jpg

http://www.fallsnewspress.com/news/article/4935052

Driver charged in connection with Oct. 31 fatal crash

November 21, 2010

by Ellin Walsh and

Phil Keren

Reporter, Editor

Peninsula -- The driver of a car involved in a fatal accident in Boston Township Oct. 31 is facing both felony and misdemeanor charges in Summit County Juvenile Court in connection with the crash that took two lives.

The 17-year-old Cuyahoga Falls male has been charged with two counts of aggravated vehicular homicide, speeding and willful or wanton disregard for the safety of a minor by the Peninsula Police Department, according to Don Ursetti, Outreach and Education Director for the juvenile court.

The Cuyahoga Falls News-Press generally does not name juveniles accused of crimes.

The teen has been placed on house arrest at the request of the Summit County Prosecutor's office and the families of the teens who died.

Ryan Swiger, 17, of Cuyahoga Falls, and Zachary Taylor, 18, of Wadsworth, were both pronounced dead at 4 a.m. Oct. 31 following the crash along Truxell Road, according to the Summit County Medical Examiner's office. "Investigating officers determined that alcohol, driving strategy and unreasonable speed" contributed to the crash, according to a Nov. 18 press release from the Peninsula Police Department, which investigated the accident in conjunction with the Summit Metro Response Team.

Peninsula police served the driver with the charges Nov. 17. He was arraigned at a preliminary hearing Nov. 18 in Summit County Juvenile Court. A pretrial hearing has been set in the case Dec. 8 at 8:30 a.m. before Judge Linda Tucci Teodosio.

Peninsula police say the accident occurred around 3 a.m., when the driver "lost control of a 2008 Honda Civic on Truxell Road," leaving the roadway and colliding with several trees. Swiger's death was caused by "multiple blunt force trauma," and Taylor's death was caused by "blunt impacts to the head," according to Gary Guenther of the Summit County Medical Examiner's office. The driver walked to a nearby house to summon help. He was taken to a local hospital and released the same day, according to Sgt. Daniel Renz, acting chief of the Peninsula Police Department.

Swiger was a junior at Cuyahoga Falls High School, while Taylor was a student at Schnee Learning Center in Cuyahoga Falls and had just completed his requirements to graduate.

Don't do it, guys. :(

I used to have a keychain that would beep if it picked up a certain amount of alcohol on your breath. I just may buy an actual breathalyser just to keep in case.

I used to have breathalyzer strips that I kept in my glove compartment. Of course I got them when I was underage, so I never used them, but definitely a neat concept

EDIT: Yeah, I am not the best typer in the world, but that is me 100% sober

Nothing will change until they make the laws for Driving under the influence a criminal charge instead of a motor vehicle charge.... If they made it a mandatory even 3 day jail time for first offense you would see a dratic drop..

Nothing will change. Have stiffer penalties & more jail time decreased other crimes? You have to realize that are basically 3 types of people when it comes to dranking & driving. Those who won't drive after 1 or 2 dranks, those that will drive buzzed but never drunk & drive very sensibly, & then those that will drive drunk & then drive like an idiot on top of being drunk. The last group those are the ones that get in wrecks & possibly kill people & no amount of fine or jail time will stop them because each one of them is convinced that they are great behind the wheel all the time & it will never be them. Beside that they are really stupid.

Nothing will change. Have stiffer penalties & more jail time decreased other crimes? You have to realize that are basically 3 types of people when it comes to dranking & driving. Those who won't drive after 1 or 2 dranks, those that will drive buzzed but never drunk & drive very sensibly, & then those that will drive drunk & then drive like an idiot on top of being drunk. The last group those are the ones that get in wrecks & possibly kill people & no amount of fine or jail time will stop them because each one of them is convinced that they are great behind the wheel all the time & it will never be them. Beside that they are really stupid.

I hear what your saying but dont agree. because your typical drunk driver is not a criminal therefore does not have the same mind set....... Criminals are typically habitual so penalties dont really do much if changed they do it for other reasons.. DUI are your average person who drank too much and thought I am gonna just go home..

If the penalties were stiffer these same people would make plans to get home before they went out.If you knew there was a change of going to jail for 3-7 days if you drove to the bar that night, you probably would find a ride home or only drink 2 drinks........

Now the poepole with 5 dui's they are criminals because typically they are driving on a suspended license or unreg'd car or no insurance all criminal charges

Archived