Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more trump cards left for Snyder

ChicagoRedskinsFan

its just as others have said we all are guilty of false hope... even me... we knew what this team was like at the beginning of the year even with the new players/coaches... we knew the team we had was not that good...

we fell victim to false hope after a few tough wins... it is going to take time... like it or not we are in rebuilding mode.... even with the Mcnabb extension...

For a rebuttal, please refer to:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2010 (3-13 to 6-3 so far)

Green Bay Packers, 2009 (6-10 to 11-5)

Atlanta Falcons, 2008 (4-12 to 11-5)

Miami Dolphins, 2008 (1-15 to 11-5)

San Diego Chargers, 2004 (4-12 to 12-4)

St. Louis Rams, 1999 (4-12 to 13-3)

Philadelphia Eagles, 1999 (5-11 to 11-5)

I would argue to have Detroit thrown in there. They have a worse record but are FAR superior in talent to the DeadSkins whom the beat easily last year and this year.

The only team the skins may be better than right now in terms of talent is MAYBE the Bills.

For a rebuttal, please refer to:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2010 (3-13 to 6-3 so far)

Green Bay Packers, 2009 (6-10 to 11-5)

Atlanta Falcons, 2008 (4-12 to 11-5)

Miami Dolphins, 2008 (1-15 to 11-5)

San Diego Chargers, 2004 (4-12 to 12-4)

St. Louis Rams, 1999 (4-12 to 13-3)

Philadelphia Eagles, 1999 (5-11 to 11-5)

That would be a good point . . . . . but how many of those teams had a new head coach AND a new GM the year of the turn around? The evidence . . . well its not on your side.

Eagles - Nope. Same coach - Andy Reid.

St. Louis - Nope. Same coach - Dick Vermeil

San Diego - Nope Same coach - Marty Schottenheimer

Packers - Nope. Same coach - Mike McCarthy

So in those ones, each had the SAME coach involved with the team the previous year during "horrible" year. You know, working on changing the roster, making personel adjustments, changing the culture . . . sort of like Allen and Shanahan this year?

Dolphins -Yea, new coach and new GM. But the ground work was done by Parcells, who ran that team and created the blueprint during the previous 1-15 year.

Falcons - Yes. That is one. New coach and new GM. Had 2 first round draft picks and had a great first off-season.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jury is still out. If they go the playoffs you have 2nd. But we will wait and see. I am not convinced they are real yet.

So only 1 of your 7 (possibly 2) are true.

My point is not that you can't for 4-12 to 12-4. Of course you can. My point is that it takes time and a stable front office/head coach to do it over time. Which you accidentally proved with your examples.

I would argue to have Detroit thrown in there. They have a worse record but are FAR superior in talent to the DeadSkins whom the beat easily last year and this year.

The only team the skins may be better than right now in terms of talent is MAYBE the Bills.

And if you want to throw in Detroit that cool too, only adds to my point. Same coach, same front office. They were allowed a bit of time to show promise. It was the same GM and Coach in Detroit that went 1-15 . . . .

Most people think Detroit is still 1-2 years away.

So you are proving my point. In 4/5 of your the examples in this thread the coach/GM struggled (bad seasons), was given time, changed the roster over the course of 2-3 years and was able to turn around things.

Why not give Mike and Allen the same opportunity boys?

Its not that there is a problem with allowing time to rebuild, its allowing time for this "wtf are we trying to accomplish here" path that we've started out on this year.

There is no clear direction, are we trying to win now or build for the future?

Win now teams don't add an ill fitting scheme that minimizes some of our most talented players on one side of the ball.

Build for the future teams don't trade away future draft picks for vets.

I'll be patient as hell for a rebuild that focuses on obtaining young talent through the draft, but when you continue to take from our future to add vets now then patience wears thin quickly.

I think that it isn't that we hate Shanahan or Allen because they don't play the game and they inherited the players that are here except for the ones they brought in. The players are just as much to blame as anyone. The biggest mistake that was made was hiring Haslett and changing to a 3-4 defense. Everyone is upset because we support a team that is not earning our support. If things don't turn a round within the next couple of years you will see this franchise with "AINTS" bags on their heads and empty seats galore and this is from a loyal fan of over 40 years speaking.

I know, you're right. We should have signed Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Nick Mangold, Jake Long, Haloti Ngata and Vince Wilfork.

No, they should have traded any player they could get a draft pick for and used them to draft players that fit our offensive and defensive schemes instead of trading away draft picks for old and injured players.

Also should have dedicated more resources to find undrafted free agents and other young potential players like Anthony Armstrong, James Davis etc....

I would much rather lose games with inexperienced young players who have potential to develop rather than watching a bunch of old declining players and journeyman play like crap and lose games with very little chance of getting any better.

I support ShannAllen team-they have the very difficult task for weening little Danny off of is addiction to control. To their credit they finally had Synder put the Lombardi's in the showcase and not at the podium-that in itself is huge! They've made great strides in such a short time. Unlike the local sports media (I do not call them journalists) I will give them time. But I will not give in to Snyder's marketing hype. This year's catch phrase was "Are you In" Are you in deep s...t? Yes. Perhaps something more honest and humble next year like "give us time."

Archived