Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday: passing the time......

NoCalMike

Standard work day. 7-4:30....then all hell breaks loose. fly to the gym, pound out a frighteningly fast bunch of sets, (will have my headphones. Hoping I don't drop something somewhere on me when Skins stuff comes on), and then fly back home for pregame and the...........begins to breath fast........1st game of the SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahem. Not that i'm excited or anything. :silly:

:cheers:

Heck, I'm already nervous. Hopefully I'll be busy right up to game time to take my mind off it.

I've long since given up on wasting time dwelling on the games. It just hasn't been worth it the past decade or so. Hopefully SOS changes that.

I am leaving PA about 2:30-3:00...three hour drive...then Party with all the Skins fans in the Jericho Parking lots!!!

(of course I will be taping the concert & the game so I can watch the thumping of the Jets real close up again and again and again..)

I hope the rain drys up, or blows into another state....I want to see what the Skins look like without all the extra drama of flooding, downpours or lightening bolts!!!

Hey..it's now 12:04am... Now it's only ONE day away from kickofff!!!

getting rammy.......:jetssuck:

Hawaii presents a unique problem as the game will be telecast on what they call satellite delay starting at 6:30 p.m. which equates to after midnight on the east coast. So, the key is to turn off the radio, most TV news/sports shows and avoid any football conversations with people who might blurt-out the score. The local TV news programs will tell viewers to look away when they put the score on the screen, so they're OK but not any of the national programs. Do I sneak a peek sometimes? Unless it's a blowout, not before the 4th quarter.

Gonna work most of the day and take off an hour or so early - around 3 or 4 MST - just in time to get the pre-party stuff going and then the pregame starts at 5:00 MST so the real festivities by that time will have already been underway at least a little bit.

The nerves will be high high high around 5 initially and then mellow down some until about 45 minutes before kickoff. The mellow for about 5 minutes again, and then adrenaline through and through for the night.

Of course I am going to be swilling those Keystone Lights the whole damn time and smoking about a pack of smokes. Will quit another day.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I will wile away the day in nervous anticipation for the game, while dealing with the phone calls from my dad and my pinhead older brother the Colts fans, both of whom raze the hell out of me as thought they root for the Cowboys. Matter of fact, the pinhead's wife is a Cowboys fan :puke:

Then, as the time for the game nears, I will put on the Redskins jersey with No 4, And NO, I'm not a fan of punter Bryan Barker. 4 is my lucky #. (TC4, get it? LOL!!!!)

Then I will curse, yell, and scream at the TV for the next 3 or so hours at the game action.

But one thing you can count on; whether the Redskins are up 40-0 or behind 40-0, I will watch THE WHOLE GAME!!!!

Well the game doesn't come on here till 1:00 AM so I'll have more time to kill than most. But since I just had surgery to fuse my left wrist in place, I have plenty of pain killers to help pass the time, and three superbowl DVD's that I've been saving to watch for this day.

At this point, I'm out of work. I'm awaiting calls from 2 prospective managers who are trying to work out the salary I threw on the table. One is running a background check. I guess I'll be sitting around Thursday nervously waiting for "the call", if nothing come through today.

You know? I wonder if this is what the draft is like? :laugh:

Originally posted by AlohaGeorge

Hawaii presents a unique problem as the game will be telecast on what they call satellite delay starting at 6:30 p.m. which equates to after midnight on the east coast. So, the key is to turn off the radio, most TV news/sports shows and avoid any football conversations with people who might blurt-out the score. The local TV news programs will tell viewers to look away when they put the score on the screen, so they're OK but not any of the national programs. Do I sneak a peek sometimes? Unless it's a blowout, not before the 4th quarter.

You could investiGatE this wOnderful website for Contributions from fellow members tHAt don't Live on the isLands but ENjoy Giving othEr fans the gift of reDskins football. ;) ;) :D

I will wake up at 4:45 am est, at 5:30 am I will leave my home and pick up my boss and head to the airport. At 8:15 am the plane leaves for Orlando, I should land about 9:30am. From there go set up our show booth, should finish about noon. Eat lunch and I might just have a few :cheers: . Hopefully that will make me a little sleepy so I may take a good nap. Eat some dinner and go back to the hotel bar, claim a good seat, warn the bartender I am not a quiet fan. I will be wearing my Art Monk jersey, my Redskins watch, and be a nervous wreck until kickoff.:twitch: I will stay at the bar as long as they allow me :D . Once they ask me to leave I will go up to my room and finish the game. Man that is going to be one long day:( .

I think it will be worth the wait:wave:

Lucky for me I am self employed. Thursday: arrive at the office around 9:30 AM Check out Extremeskins and other "Work" related functions,make a few calls leave by 1:30 or so. Go pick up some tailgaiting supplies:pint:

If the weather is good, call wife and meet downtown to check out the show,if weather is bad stay home and play xbox. Home to watch game in either case.

Friday:

If Redskins win go to office around noon and meet business partner for lunch at Damon's ribs:cheers:

If Redskins lose,stay home under the covers for the day:mad:

If it aint rainin, I'll be fishin. Park my sorry but on the beach, do some curls:pint: :pint:

bake a little:high:,

and check out the seenary:boobies:

put a tan on my unshaven face:cool:

and try to bring home dinner:rolleyes:

I've got 3 racks of baby back on stand by if I get skunked, or if it rains, which in that case I'll just do what Steve Miller said

"sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube"

:jetssuck:

Archived