Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Sports/PFT: Shawne Merriman set to join Randy Moss on waiver wire

mossomo

Don't forget! :helmet:

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman is taking a physical with the team today. If he passes before 4 p.m. ET, Merriman will be waived and be available for all 32 teams to claim. Just like Randy Moss.

Any team that picks up Merriman will owe him the remainder of his prorated $3.269 million salary.

I say pull the trigger on both. Bump our moral, change the media attention from Shanny/Mc#5 to RM and SM, and they gives us additional weapons for the second half of the season. And we have two weeks before next game. Perfect scenerio. Let's do this.

Oh yeah, link

I'd want Moss, not too sure about Merriman. I'm tired of seeing Galloway out there. I'd like to see Randy as the #1, Santana as the #2, and Armstrong as the slot WR. I've already been visioning McNabb's deep passes to Randy, the exact same throws he hits Armstrong on. I think it would be good to have Randy to play against the Vikings too.

Let's see...a washed up injury-prone linebacker, and a prima donna malcontent 34 year old wide receiver.

In any other year of the last decade, we would have already signed both of them.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that things have actually changed at Redskins park.

Archived