Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Carnage thread

Tat2dluvchylde

LOL, carnage, it's exactly what I expect throughout the board at a time like this. At a time like this you don't go looking for the carnage, the carnage comes looking for you. The only way to escape it is to turn off you computer, turn off all your phones, and seclude yourself in a hole. The carnage is both being produced by and hunting Redskins fans.

I'll try to not overreact, as this team is EXACTLY what it's record is. A older team that only gets up for games that everyone thinks they are going to lose. Next year will be worse, as we shed off 30+ players with a few draft pics, UDFA, and other cast offs.

We are looking at 2013 before this team can truly be called a quality playoff contender despite talent like Landry, McIntosh and a few select others.

That's the bright side?

Would you rather Dallas have a better shot at the playoffs than us? Seriously though, Every year we see the same arguments around here, QB sucks, O-Line sucks, Defense can't stop anyone, Coaching makes bad decisions. While we are not a great team, I do think the team is headed in the right direction, we just lack a few key pieces. We have neglected the draft for years or made bad draft choices, so, there was no way for any coach/GM to change this team in one off season. We just have to see what we can do from here on out.

Detroit is a lot like the Redskins in many ways. Neglected the draft, made poor draft choices, and basically had the same arguments made about their team and organization. 2 years into their current regime and they are looking a whole lot better than they did before. They made some good draft choices, decent trades and are looking toward the future, which is what we need to do to turn it around.

I know the term "patience" has been used around here a lot, for the last several years, but, if we can learn to be patient and look at the team for what it is, I think the season would be a bit more enjoyable for us. But, alas, no. It is more fun to scream and yell about every little thing like we had a legitimate shot at the Superbowl.

McNabb has struggled, but those looking at Campbell through rose colored glasses is ridiculous. Campbell blows. We've seen him blow for several years. Just because he had a good showing in one Raiders game doesn't mean we should have kept him.

That said, I'm absolutely stunned that they benched McNabb at that point. We still had a chance to win the game. McNabb has a history of winning games like that. I'm not say that would have happened today, but that was a crazy move to bench him. We are now going to be a huge story in the sports media now. Bad, bad move IMO.

Ahem.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

McNabb sucks. He is incredibly inconsistent and erratic. He makes a decent play once in a while. But he also makes major mistakes several times per game. Tell Andy Reid we want our draft picks back.

Yes, our offensive line sucks. It sucked last year, too. Yet Campbell played FAR BETTER than McNabb with a crappy offensive line.

The defense has consistently given McNabb short fields and he still can't get ten yards for a first down.

We are better only because the defense can generate turnovers and Brandon Banks. McNabb sucks as a QB.

I'm almost ready to say give Sexy Rexy an opportunity....because with McNabb....this offense is nowhere near ready to "Explode".

Why would you want to be 0-8?

Because it's more than arguable we'd be looking at that record if Jason was currently still here. McNabb's been far from a pro-bowl QB in his play it's true; but conversly the amount of sacks he's saved and the amount of play's he's made throuigh his feet and quick thinking in the face of ridiculous pressure all season has been unreal.

He went down 6 times today. I'd lay good money Jason would be in double figures at the end of today's game, with a few turnover fumbles thrown in for good measure.

Perspective and these boards just never mesh after a loss, sighs.

Hail.

Anyone think Lichtensteiger is actually any better than Dockery? Kind of sucks to have him inactive when the entire OL is playing their worst game ever. It couldn't hurt to try swapping him in again.

yeah, wtf.

dockery is a decent blocker, this current o-line is doo doo.

is dockery in the shanny doghouse?

Yep, this one was pretty sickening for a variety of reasons. We can't seem to stop anybody when it counts. The choices are 1) we take the ball away, or 2) they score. The Donovan / Rex thing was strange, baffling and probably unnecessary. The O-line was just obliterated by the mighty Lion D.

On the other hand, suppose somebody asked you at the beginning of the season what our record would be at the break. Then, "Wait, before you answer, I can tell you that we lose to the Rams and the Lions," Would anybody believe we'd win 4 of the other 6, including a loss in OT?

Archived