Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random scoring statistic & my prediction for this weeks Lions game......

Est.1974

On 23rd October 2005, the Redskins hung 52 points on the 49ers.

Since that point, we have never scored more than 36 points in a single game. That was in the 36-30 overtime win over the Jags ( Brunell to Moss).

In that five year span, we are the only team in the NFL who has failed to score over 36 points in a single game.

I predict that run ends against the Lions on Sunday in a high scoring 'Skins win.

Who's with me, or am I somewhat :insane:.............

It would be great to see that many points, but I thing 21 ish is more realistic on the high side, based on how the offense has been clicking. Maybe the D can drop 14 and get us over 30 for the game....

I think our D and special teams will contribute, and can see our passing game making some long strikes. McNabb is due...

you are somewhat crazy. our offense has not been that good at all this year. i bet the final score is 21-13

Thing is, this game (unfortunately in some ways) puts me in mind of that San Fran game. We had only scored more than 20 points about 5-6 times in 3 years (usually in losses) and were considered one of the worst teams in the NFL (despite a winning record). Dropped 52, the most ever scored at Fed Ex, and had a conference opponent next (this is what I don't like).

I see this game playing out one of two ways either 1. the Redskins offensive will show up and match the defenses intensity and the Redskins Win big 31-17. 2. Or McNabb will struggle and the Redskins will fail to score points putting the denfense on the field most of the game and The Skins win a close one 20-17, I am hoping for the first!!

Thing is, this game (unfortunately in some ways) puts me in mind of that San Fran game.

Dead on, me too. I am convinced we are going to tear it up this weekend.

And yeah, that Giants game was ugly....I recall that being broadcast live here in the UK. We were lucky it was only 36-0.

Dead on' date=' me too. I am convinced we are going to tear it up this weekend.

And yeah, that Giants game was ugly....I recall that being broadcast live here in the UK. We were lucky it was only 36-0.[/quote']

Im convinced this is the week everything comes together. We've been growing every week against elite offenses and d's and learning from our mistakes. Detroit will be outplayed and outcoached.

Who's with me' date=' or am I somewhat :insane:.............[/quote']

There's going to be a breakout game this season were the offense, led by #5, comes together and simply destroys. We have the weapons, we have the coaches - we just got to do it. Execute.

But St.Louis, the Bears - they were close games. My expectations are tempered but... WE HAVE VENDETTA. Lets do this, and do it BIG. HAIL.

Very spooked about this game. Thus far, it appears the Skins should have kept their 2nd rounder and picked up a NT (Cody). The Sexy one unleashed gets you more than 6 tds and 7 ints.

McNabb needs to throw 7 tds. Yes....7 tds. He needs to redeem himself for the Colts' game. I want explosions.

I want Ford field to be incinerated. I want Stafford's tongue ripped out of his mouth. I want Megatron to be Optimus Primed! There will be blood!

(If you couldn't tell, I am still not over the loss at the hands of the Lions last year.)

I think you picked a perfect time to make such a prediction.

We've all known McNabb has an off game, then comes out roaring. We've watched him do it for 10 years. And he's coming off 2 bad games. A third ain't happenin. And I expect our D to embarrass the Lions fresh after each Redskins score.

Very spooked about this game. Thus far, it appears the Skins should have kept their 2nd rounder and picked up a NT (Cody). The Sexy one unleashed gets you more than 6 tds and 7 ints.

McNabb needs to throw 7 tds. Yes....7 tds. He needs to redeem himself for the Colts' game. I want explosions.

I want Ford field to be incinerated. I want Stafford's tongue ripped out of his mouth. I want Megatron to be Optimus Primed! There will be blood!

(If you couldn't tell, I am still not over the loss at the hands of the Lions last year.)

I just heard on the NFL Network that Beans is going to be fined $50,000 for this post, under the league's new MALICIOUS INTENT rule. :beavisnbutthead:

Alot of people are saying that this is a trap game for us, similar to the rams game earlier this year. Here's a few things to consider when looking at this game:

1. This is not our 1st (regulation) road game of the year. The rams game was. We've done this before. In fact, just last week, we just went thru the process of flying out to the midwest, getting off the plane, and beating an NFC team.

2. Earlier in the year when we left to play the rams, we left with the idea that the Offense could carry us (we'd just hung 20+ some points on the board against the texans). In case you don't recall the D wasn't really happy about themselves at that time (See DHall call out, AH position play, maybe even LF that week but im not sure).

3. Going into this game, our D is coming off a very good game, possibly their best of the year, DHall and Haz are on the same page, AH and Haz are on the same page, not to mention the play of the secondary, which was called into question the week heading into the rams game.

4. Back to the Offense. Going into the rams game, its my belief, that we were dependent upon the Offense to carry the D that game. As I indicated before, we'd just gone toe to toe with one of the best O's, at that time, and I belive the D side of the ball, still not happy with how the entire "new scheme" was playing out, was depending on the O to carry this game. Which I might add, for the 2nd quarter and first half of the 3rd, the Offense did carry this game, and we were leading, after spotting the rams 14 points in the first half of the 1st quarter. Only after the D gave in and we gave up the game.

5. This Defense, coming into this game, after their performance last week, and the week before <minus the lack of turnovers>, and the week prior to that, will not make the same mistakes they did in that game against the rams (IMO).

6. If you refer back to #2, this is not a game where the D is coming in depending on the O to carry the game, in fact its quite the opposite. After last week, this D is going to pride itself on taking the lions O off the board, or at least minimize any possible scoring threats. This alone completely changes the aspect of this game -vs- the rams game.

7. Based on the comments of the Offensive players this week, its my belief (again IMO), that this is the week when the O line comes out and says "we shouldn't expect the D to carry us against our opponents every week, we need to start playing better on our side of the ball, to allow the D to their job only when necessary". Now I know this is a bold statement, but when you consider some of the veteran players on our O (#5, #47, #89), this is not a stretch to believe that this conservation is not being had at some point leading up to this game (especially based on the O's performance last week). Now based on this, it completely changes the aspect of the game -vs- the rams game.

This game, this team, is almost completely opposite of the game and the team that rolled into st. louis over a month ago. We're not that same team any longer (IMO). We've found an identity on our Defense, I believe, and we're in the process of finding our indentity on the Offense. This might be the week that it happens! That we put together all the pieces and play one hell of a football game, all 4 quarters worth! Then again, this is just my :2cents:

30 - Skins

13 - lions

HAIL!!!!

Archived