Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: LaRon Landry Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Week

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Congrats to Laron, he's been playing some great football. I have to eat my serving of crow, especially after nicknaming him "Summer Breeze" last year. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong.

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/10/13/laron-landry-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-week/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

LaRon Landry Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Week

Posted Oct 13th 2010 10:28AM by Matt Terl (author feed)

Redskins safety LaRon Landry set the defensive tone for Sunday's game against the Packers by forcing a fumble on Green Bay's first drive, and he helped seal the Redskins comeback by intercepting Aaron Rodgers' final pass to put the Redskins in position for the winning field goal. In between those two things, he recorded a game-high 13 tackles (including 10 solo) , and generally continued what is shaping up as an excellent season for him.

And because of that, he was named this week's NFC Defensive Player Of The Week, the announcement coming just a day before his 26th birthday. So, yeah, pretty good week for Landry.

But before he was NFC Defensive Player Of The Week, he was Comcast SportsNet's Player Of The Game; here's his interview after receiving that honor.

Congrats to Laron, he's been playing some great football. I have to eat my serving of crow, especially after nicknaming him "Summer Breeze" last year. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong.

Same here. I was critical of him last year but it's amazing what a change in scheme will do for a player. Landry looks like the bruiser that we were excited about drafting in 2007. He's playing lights out!

Archived