Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: LaRon Landry Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Week

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Perhaps some of the Shanahan critics can see now that the staff is putting younger players with talent and the necessay instincts to be ballers into position to succeed.

Landry is the most obvious example but on Sunday Anthony Armstrong and Kareem Moore came very close to Landry in impacting the outcome of the game.

I've got to say the guy is the Defensive Player of the Year so far in my book. He still sucks in coverage for the most part, but god damn the coaching staff is utilizing him to his strengths and it's paying off big time on the field. Kudos to Dirty 30!!

It's crazy how opinions can change so drastically from year to year. It's especially surprising considering how ST had been in almost the exact same situation a couple years before.

That's actually a good comparison I remember in 2006 ST was just off his game it seemed like and didn't seem to have it in him but 2007 came around and Gregg Williams started using him like a center fielder with Laron being the SS guy and the D took off that year while he was back there. Now Laron is back at his SS position and tearing things up and he's back to what we all thought he would be when he was first drafted

Archived