Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FYI on the Bucs poster you know as OneDollar

cobaltblue

Updated info from the SPTimes site:

I have further information from Tammy (OneDollar's wife).

For those interested in making contribuions she has a college fund for his son Dominick. You can contribute to it by mailing a check to:

Tammy &/or Dominck

6828 Eden Lane

Tampa, FL 33634

In addition she is having a get together for all their friends to remember Guido. This is intended as more of a wake than a somber affair. Anybody who has pictures of him should bring them please. It will start at 4, with food arriving at 6. Drop by any other time if needs be (I'll have to be going there earlier in the day). Directions to her house for somebody coming from the south like me:

Take 275 to the Airpot exit Hwy 60. Go to Memorial, exit 3. Go to the 2nd light and take a left onto Hillsbourough. At the Eckard take a right onto Hanley. Go to Fountain Ave (just pass a service station). Turn right on Hanley and go over seven speed bumps. She's the first house on the right.

Hope I got those directions straight. She asked me to post them, but i don't feel comfortable posting her phone number on a forum. If you want to go, or want to contact her, PM me and I'll give you her number.

Obit

Above is an obituary for One Dollar. It has a guest book if anyone cares to sign.

This'll be my last post on this but I did post this link over on our Bucs board and everyone appreciated the kind words all you 'Skins fans had for Guido. He was a valued member of our message board and all you guys, to a man, showed nothing but class and respect.

Thanks to you all and have a great 2003 season.

I can only speak for myself cobalt, (wouldn't presume to be able to do so for others), but you taking the time to inform us of this tragic event initially and then keeping us updated is much appreciated. That shows no small amount of class and respect there. We'll miss him here and I will hope and pray for those he left behind. Take care.

I have a 22 month old daughter and couldn't imagine her growing up without me. I'm deeply touched by One Dollar's passing. I wish his family all the best and for the easiest (as can possibly be) of transitions to life without him...

Godspeed One Dollar! :angel:

This is just damned awful. I remember when Dollar arrived during the mini-invasion of Bucs fans three years ago. They were all pretty good guys and fun to discuss football with, but Dollar was the one who stuck around and became a part of the community. I only wish he could have stuck around a little longer.

such terrible news. i tried to explain what happened and she didn't quite understand why i cared about some dude i didn't know at all. it is odd, but it speaks volumes for the quality of the site and the quality of the people posting here. i'll miss one dollar. godspeed.

Wow. I completely missed this. I feel like I've been punched in the gut and have lost an extended family member. And yes, it's a bit surprising seeing as how we're friends and cohorts only through an electronic world.

From that obit it sounds as though Dominic will have plenty of support from a loving and close-knit extended family.

RIP Guido DiSanto. I never knew your name until now, but I pray that you're at peace.

This is just awful news. I didn't know much about the man, expect that he was a classy guy and a loving father. Being some random football geek, there isn't much more I can say or do, I guess. But for my part I think I'll be rooting for the Bucs a little this season. Maybe just a little.

Awful news indeed.

• 4 weeks later...

I hvae never really interacted with OneDollar but always read his post. I have been away from here for a while and I know it has been a while since this happened but I felt compelled to add my 2 cents

This is a sad day for me and it shows how much people on the net really do become friends without ever meeting.

RIP friend RIP

Archived