Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Quirk on Randy Moss Trade

Wingman44

An interesting quirk on the Randy Moss trade - With Minnesota already having their bye, and if Moss stays healthy, he will play in 17 regular season games this year. Has that ever happened before? I can;t think of any player doing this previously. I wonder if there is any language in the CBA regarding contracts on this. My guess is his salary stays the same.

just found this...its from midwestsportsfans.com

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/10/numbers-of-nfl-players-to-play-in-17-regular-seasons-games/

YEAR PLAYER TEAMS GAMES

1993 Chris Singleton New England-Miami 17

1995 Dexter Carter New York Jets-San Francisco 17

2004 Jerry Rice Oakland-Seattle 17

2004 Micah Ross San Diego-Carolina 17

2009 Will Witherspoon St. Louis-Philadelphia 17

Moss is the 6th player to play in 17 games

just found this...its from midwestsportsfans.com

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/10/numbers-of-nfl-players-to-play-in-17-regular-seasons-games/

YEAR PLAYER TEAMS GAMES

1993 Chris Singleton New England-Miami 17

1995 Dexter Carter New York Jets-San Francisco 17

2004 Jerry Rice Oakland-Seattle 17

2004 Micah Ross San Diego-Carolina 17

2009 Will Witherspoon St. Louis-Philadelphia 17

Moss is the 6th player to play in 17 games

I can't verify whether or not there were more than these five, but yes, they all played in 17 games.

However, none of these guys started all 17. If Moss starts every game, including this one Monday, he will be the first player to start 17 games in a season.

I can't verify whether or not there were more than these five, but yes, they all played in 17 games.

However, none of these guys started all 17. If Moss starts every game, including this one Monday, he will be the first player to start 17 games in a season.

hmmm you sure Jerry Rice didn't start?

He also restructured his contract with language/understanding that the Vikes won't franchise tag him, so he'll be a Free Agent after this season.

Yep, yet a knucklehead on the radio whose name rhymes with Chad Dukes was insisting the other day that Moss would be a big reason why McNabb will bolt to Minnesota after the season. I'm not sure if Dukes was even aware that Moss is not signed in Minnesota beyond this season.

He also restructured his contract with language/understanding that the Vikes won't franchise tag him, so he'll be a Free Agent after this season.

I wonder if we'd take a chance on Moss? Imagine playing both Moss's on the field next season. Would ya be for it?

Archived