Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Devin Thomas be more suited for runningback?

RedskinsSuperBowl21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

After looking at highlights of Devin Thomas' college and Pro career it was apparent that the majority of his production has been through end arounds, screen passes, and kick returns.

A pro wide receiver needs to know and understand a whole lot of intricacies in the play book while runningback's are not the same case.

Devin has had trouble learning the playbook. He is built more like a runningback. He would be capable picking up blitzes(which is far less complicated to learn).

Bottomline: Devin Thomas has elite size, speed, and elusiveness but he is dumb as a rock and has average hands. Sounds like a runningback.

I think your standards of "elite" are way too low.

Elite size would be like TO or Randy Moss. Thomas has ideal size (like Boldin) but it does little good when you don't use your size as a receiver.

Elite speed would be like Moss and Banks. Thomas has average speed with no skill to get separation.

Elusive agility would be like Tomlinson (of the old and current), Westbrook, or McCoy. Those guys would break ankles while laughing. I wouldn't consider Thomas elusive... mainly because that's not his running style. Rather than trying to make people miss, Thomas seems to try to power his way through defenders.

I think Thomas would get wrecked getting hit by linebackers with regularity.

This is professional football, the best of the best. To think that he could just quickly learn how to play RB, let alone, how to block against incoming defenders in passing situations is absolutely insane.

He can't even learn his natural position well enough to get on the field. No way could he pick up the RB position quickly enough to be better than other RB prospects.

This is professional football, the best of the best. To think that he could just quickly learn how to play RB, let alone, how to block against incoming defenders in passing situations is absolutely insane.

He can't even learn his natural position well enough to get on the field. No way could he pick up the RB position quickly enough to be better than other RB prospects.

Oh come on, you have nothing else to say about this subject? ;)

He will get destroyed at running back. Not to mention he doesn't have the speed nor the quickness to adjust for that position.

Oh he's fast enough bro the dude runs a 4.4.

It just wont happen he showed he can maneuver through tacklers from behind the line of scrimmage with his end around but that was a end around. There is just too many things to take in effect like picking up the blitz; wide outs are not necessarily known for there blocking also RB vision, holes to hit etc... there is just to many things it wont happen I just don't think he has all the qualities to play RB especially if he is struggling with route running.

It crossed my mind once {ONCE} to send him to the Albert Haynesworth School of Mass Food Consumption and get him beefed up for a T.E. position, but I don't think he would/could block for crap.

Besides, there is fast, and there is shifty, and IMO he doesn't have the ability to juke anyone, except for the playbook collector...

ahh no, if Thomas cannot play wr there is no way he can be rb because the skill set is just not there besides what type of running back would Thomas be a downhill back, a third down back, speed back, or a power back. I do not see Thomas in any of these categories.

ahh no, if Thomas cannot play wr there is no way he can be rb because the skill set is just not there besides what type of running back would Thomas be a downhill back, a third down back, speed back, or a power back. I do not see Thomas in any of these categories.

He would be a benched RB just like he is a benched WR

Yea Yea Yea Im dissapointed in thomas just like every one else....

but DT was primarily a running back and defensive back in high school and i remember him taking hand offs in college.

most here say no way and some say yes BUT I think its far more to the YES side than people think but not enough to impact right away

He's not agile enough and he doesn't have vision or patients.

To suggest he isn't fast enough is just plain stupid but speed isn't the most important thing for a RB.

No but speed is a game breaker and a deadly weapon to have at RB or WR. Not saying DT can be a RB because I don't think he's got what that takes. He doesn't have the moves to be an elite back, I just don't ever see that happening, but hope he proves me wrong.

I thought about this idea a couple of weeks ago after seeing him return kicks. I wonder if the coaching staff has considered this with DT? It doesn't seem like a crazy idea to me at all. If San Francisco can take Michael Robinson, a college QB from Penn State, and make him a RB then why can't the Skins try it with Devin Thomas? An athlete is an athlete and he sure looks like a hard runner with burst when returning kicks.....

Archived