Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bama boys would cure a lot of our ills

gutlead74

It won't and can't happen but just being able to acquire some of these studs from Bama would greatly improve our team.

Ingram or Richardson would be awesome at RB in the zone scheme.

Darieus would help out our DL greatly.

Julio Jones is just a stud @ WR.

Hightower would be a need fit at ILB.

Kirby Smart would probably be more effcient coordinating our D.

I am probably missing some real studs, man that team is loaded and I wish we could just get them all to DC!

The TE 89 is a hell of a blocker as well.

I don't see why not. His team already has a national championship and he's going to be a top 15 pick.

Yeah, I don't think he's committed one way or the other, but I can't see him coming back, especially if Alabama wins the title again this year, and the fact that he'll basically be the 2nd, maybe 3rd WR taken in next year's draft, which will still put him in the top 15.

It won't and can't happen but just being able to acquire some of these studs from Bama would greatly improve our team.

Ingram or Richardson would be awesome at RB in the zone scheme.

Darieus would help out our DL greatly.

Julio Jones is just a stud @ WR.

Hightower would be a need fit at ILB.

Kirby Smart would probably be more effcient coordinating our D.

I am probably missing some real studs, man that team is loaded and I wish we could just get them all to DC!

The TE 89 is a hell of a blocker as well.

i personally like lamicheal james of oregon.. but can someone please explain to me what type of back is needed for our system?

Considering the looming strike, I wouldn't be surprised to see more players go back for their Sr. year. I don't think the strike is going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

That very well may be a factor for some players, but I believe there will be a rookie pay scale put in for this upcoming year's draft, and all future 1st rounders are going to be getting jack compared to what previous 1st rounders have gotten the past couple of years. I still think the player's home situation will play a role in whether they leave early, if their family needs the money and they're a 1st or 2nd round talent then they will still be declaring early and heading to the NFL regardless if there's a strike or not.

i personally like lamicheal james of oregon.. but can someone please explain to me what type of back is needed for our system?

He would be a great fit, Oregon does a lot of zone up front with heavy option action in the backfield from the spread. What you ideally want out of a outside zone runner is a guy whom threatens the edge, so at first step to zone the D is hauling ass to set the edge, thus setting up the all important cut back. Lemichael already runs this very well.

A down the road stud that I have personally witnessed OWN an outside zone scheme is mustfa greene from NCST. This kid always sees who gets cut off and has the balance and speed to get to the gap, he is a fit buster!

This is Mustfa Greenes HS film, he went to Irmo which bases everything they do on outside zone. At the :42 second mark there is a very good example of EZ zone, watch the OL all zone to one side forcing the D to run with them and moose sees someone get cut off and he cuts back play side.

I actually like AJ Green more than Jones.

As far as the guy I want the most...It's gotta be Luck, that kid is gonna be something special.

AJ Green is the best WR in college right now and it's not even close. It would be nice to have him on the roster but I hope we aren't in a position to be drafting him.

Ya I am not even close to being a Bama fan, but you just gotta drool over their collection of football playin jessies!

I haven't really studied their OL but they get consistent push they tend to do a lot of power and inside zone stuff so don't know I they an athletic enough group.

Sabin may be the anti Christ but he can sure recruit and coach, he does it right builds up front first, then gets his skill.

Ferents at Iowa is another one who builds it right but he does it without all the blue chips, much respect Kirk!

Yes they would

How high will they be going though...do you really want to tank this season just to get them

Ingram would need to declare, with one/two national championships and one/ two heismans, i would say the odds are good. The nfl lockout would influence him to stay though. He could go top 5 I would think. I suspect Jones might be available to us. I hate taking a WR in the 1st round though.

BUT - He would be hard to pass on

We need a Marcus Lattimore or Alshon Jeffrey or Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina.

Lattimore is a load at RB who can read blocks well, Jeffrey is a big receiver who has great hands who can also run, and Gilmore will be a shut-down CB a la Champ Bailey.

Seeing the OP is living in Columbia, he should've seen this!

J/K...'Bama is loaded and the Game****s will be lucky to make it a game next week.

Ya I am not even close to being a Bama fan, but you just gotta drool over their collection of football playin jessies!

I haven't really studied their OL but they get consistent push they tend to do a lot of power and inside zone stuff so don't know I they an athletic enough group.

Sabin may be the anti Christ but he can sure recruit and coach, he does it right builds up front first, then gets his skill.

Ferents at Iowa is another one who builds it right but he does it without all the blue chips, much respect Kirk!

The sad thing is Alabama's team can't compare to the Miami teams in the early 2000s, especially the 2001 team. That 2001 Miami team may have been the team that had the greatest collection of talent of any college football team.

There is a bunch of talent coming out in next years draft. Good time to stock pile picks imo.

but the football god that is D. Robinson would destroy anything that BABU has....

Vick x 100 = D.Robinson

Problem for Robinson is the height he'll end up being someone who has the talent to be something special but at the same time he's not the ideal size for a QB. Personally he'll be a lot like Pat White in being a great college QB who will need to switch to another position in the NFL

Archived