Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL REDSKINS VS. JAGUARS GAME Thread.

Die Hard

In 3rd, Eagles Trail, 17-9

The second half has featured few highlights in terms of scoring; but one troubling moment for the Eagles, as first-round pick Jerome McDougle was helped off the field with an apparent leg injury late in the third quarter.

The former University of Miami was examined on a table behind the Eagles bench, but no official word has been issued as to the extent of the injury.

As for the game, David Akers' three second-quarter field goals have the Eagles within eight points, as the Jets lead 17-9 in the fourth quarter of the preseason finale for both clubs.

Originally posted by dcogan1820

can i please get a game recap (scores, anything special, opinions on players, etc.) real quick? I'd appreciate it. Or just the score. Whatever.

Boring, Vanilla game. 14-3 at the half. Looks like Betts was in at the start to be showcased IMO(Did a decent job too). Watson only got 2 oppurtunities, both when the 2nd team line was in against the Jaguars starting D. Safe to say he couldn't do much.

Thats pretty much it.

Watching this game sucks, It's like watching a bunch of guys that don't want to get hurt.

But god, how bad are Sonny, George Michaels and Company???

Who's Brian Leftwitch?

How many times will Michaels continue to say "Almost Intercepted"?

Can Ken Harvey think and talk at the same time?

I would rather listen to Cowboy commentators than these morons.

It appears we've come out witout much emotion or desire. Without Arrington/Armstead/Trotter.... Gardner/Coles..... we seemed to be flat and get manhandled in the first half.

I will note, and this has been coming for awhile, that our offense has not looked fluid nor have we put together a well-machined concise drive this entire preseason. It's been big play, or short field and a couple of flags gifts.

I'm beginning to think the first half a dozen games are going to be slugfests and difficult to move the ball and score points. We just don't seem to have a rhythm and move the ball efficiently.

The radio announcers suck - I thought they were supposed to be supportive of the team. I a just glad I don't have to listen to them during the regular season.

Just going to listen to the 2nd half to hear how Sultan does and how Rob Johnson does. Other than that - the game is boring, vanilla, but injury free so far.

Quotes of the first half by Redskins radio....

"Danny Wurful is not good...that's all I have to say about that..

Are you sure that's all you want to say?

It's before 9 o'clock, might be kids listening"

quote 2

"He's out of his league, He's out of his league"

And to all you you who pray for no injuries, I can think of one that wouldn't break my heart.

They make sense, they are saying make him an assisstant. This could really be Spurrier's achilles.

Spurrier is not going to let his opinion of Wuerffel get in the way of winning... I personally feel like he's playing Wuerffel to possibly motivate Johnson. Johnson has done ok, but maybe he needs some competition.

But who give a rats ass who the number 2 qb is??? Ramsey is the starter, if he gets injured for any length of time, our chances are pretty much slim to none regardless.

Ok, frankly I can't see ONE reason why we should not cut Cliff Russell.

He STINKS. He's a WUSS. He has no seperation from ANYONE. Forget his speed, he has no strength, and can't break anything. I don't CARE if he has been interfered with, one ball STILL hit him in the chest and as Sonny said, rather than CATCH it,. he was already crying for the flag. In the end zone, yeah, I saw the guy grab his arm, and I don't CARE. He's supposed to have this BLAZING speed, and he can't get away from ANYONE. He should have caught that pass, too, by the way.

If they try to float McCullough thru Waivers in favor of keeping this flowery little pansy I for one will be MOST unhappy.

They have thrown the ball his way about ten times now in two games and i have YET to see him catch it. Some passes look bad, sure,,, but is that the QB? Or is it that Cliffy doesn't know where he's supposed to be half the time? On the other hand, I have seen them throw several times to McCants in the last tgwo weeks, and whattaya know, he CATCHES it, no matter WHO is around him.

I am NOT impressed.

Pfah. #82 oughta tell you right away.

~Bang

Bang, good post...

I had been saying since I went to training camp that Russell was fast but raw, he's done nothing to earn a spot or show he can be productive, yet he's had a ton of chances. Patrick Johnson looked way better than Russell while I was at camp anyway. I think the top 4 wr's are pretty much decided as it is...

Coles, Gardner, Jacobs and Johnson.

Archived