Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

WTF why do people wanna deal Wall? He'll be a stud. I'm not worried about some minor injuries he incurred because he was playing too many minutes with bad shoes. I think he's already exceeded the total # of minutes he played all of last year.

It's just hypothetical hardcore-Wizard-fan nerd stuff.

I bet Warriors fans didn't think they'd be losing Chris Webber after his rookie year either though.

Wall out again???

This guy sees less action than Shawn Springs.

Is it the training staff, or is he going to be constantly injured?

This smells of Grant Hill. That absolutely sucks. I hope he can get it together.

Edited by McD5

I meant just win a damn game lol

I think in the NBA that one, big, superstar franchise player is a bigger difference maker than in any other professional league. So getting one (hopefully) is a good step in that direction.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:53 PM ----------

By far the lamest game of the year.

I think in the NBA that one, big, superstar franchise player is a bigger difference maker than in any other professional league. So getting one (hopefully) is a good step in that direction.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:53 PM ----------

By far the lamest game of the year.

Oh definitely

There are so many one man shows in the NBA

Hopefully wall can grow a pair and we can surround him with a sidekick ( nick?)

Nice to see Nick Young working his ass off. He's grown up and matured a lot as a professional it seems to me.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:55 PM ----------

Because they were in the same draft..

I actually pull for Washington GACOLB. Especially when playing a Boston, Miami or LA type of team.

It's just disappointing as hell that Wall can't stay on the court. He may be getting too many minutes on the nights he can play.

Pretty sure you are off by a year

This is blakes second year

I'm aware of that. Although really his first year. I really thought Wall looked like the safer player going forward, due to Griffin's injuries, and the physical style he plays.

But Wall, wtf? Maybe too many minutes, and not enough help.

I hope he can get over this injury bug, and play for many years ahead.

Edited by McD5

Random thought... This teams futility sometimes reminds me of the dark days of jahidi white, Michael smith, chris Whitney, and Tyrone Nesbit lol

I was young but I remember foolishly thinking they were stars

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:03 PM ----------

I'm aware of that. Although really his first year. I really thought Wall looked like the safer player going forward, due to Griffin's injuries, and the physical style he plays.

But Wall, wtf?

I'm really about to jump on the John wall is soft bandwagon

This is getting ridiculous, 20 with aches and pains...

But Wall, wtf?

Lol. I'm aware of that. Ok.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 10:05 PM ----------

Random thought... This teams futility sometimes reminds me of the dark days of jahidi white, Michael smith, chris Whitney, and Tyrone Nesbit lol

Not even close dude. That was bad bad. Clippers bad. This is young and rebuilding bad.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I'm debating with myself on two things:

1. Is this team poorly constructed.

2. Is this team poorly coached.

My answer right now: 40% for #1 and 60% for #2. This team has some really raw talent that needs time but it also has a bunch of guys that don't belong in the league (Al Thornton, Yi, Armstrong). Hinrich is a nice player but he's useless when Wall and Gilbert are healthy. We don't need 3 PG's, Kirk can't play SG.

Coaching is terrible. I'm sick of Flip's jump shooting system. His teams have never been good at attacking the rim. His offense does not put focus on big men doing work in the paint. His defense uses a lot of zone which sucks when you have low IQ players.

I was young but I remember foolishly thinking they were stars

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:03 PM ----------

I'm really about to jump on the John wall is soft bandwagon

This is getting ridiculous, 20 with aches and pains...

No...think positively. I'm not sure what his deal is, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Being a Magic fan, we had years of this crap with Grant Hill. Talk about frustration.

Anyway, best of luck to both Wall, and to Washington fans. I am off to watch the game.

Lol. I'm aware of that. Ok.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 10:05 PM ----------

Not even close dude. That was bad bad. Clippers bad. This is young and rebuilding bad.

Yeah I meant sometimes they play like it but thank God it's a different situation lol

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
Stupid iphone

My answer right now: 40% for #1 and 60% for #2. This team has some really raw talent that needs time but it also has a bunch of guys that don't belong in the league (Al Thornton, Yi, Armstrong). Hinrich is a nice player but he's useless when Wall and Gilbert are healthy. We don't need 3 PG's, Kirk can't play SG.

Coaching is terrible. I'm sick of Flip's jump shooting system. His teams have never been good at attacking the rim. His offense does not put

focus on big men doing work in the paint. His defense uses a lot of zone which sucks when you have low IQ players.

Exactly... The lakers are living in the post and we act like we are scared to attempt anything down there besides some disgusting desperation "lay up"

Coaching is terrible. I'm sick of Flip's jump shooting system. His teams have never been good at attacking the rim. His offense does not put focus on big men doing work in the paint. His defense uses a lot of zone which sucks when you have low IQ players.

i think both factors are true, and when combined, you get the product we see now

If I could do it over, I would never make that retarded trade of Miller and Foye for our #5 pick.

Stephen Curry, freaking Stephen Curry.Wall, Curry, Young. Game over.

i try not to think about that trade, its quite painful. Grunfeld was only saved because we lucked into the #1 pick.

i think if we land Curry, we're probably not quite bad enough to land Wall

Edited by StillUnknown

If I could do it over, I would never make that retarded trade of Miller and Foye for our #5 pick.

Stephen Curry, freaking Stephen Curry.Wall, Curry, Young. Game over.

Vomit. Every time I think about that trade I just want to ****ing scream. A complete disaster.

There is a still-ongoing complete overhaul and rebuilding of the roster. Some pieces are going to be stopgaps and bad fits. I'm not putting this on Ernie. I think he did a GREAT job with this past draft. Wall was a no brainer but I'm loving Booker and Seraphin. Yii was gotten for nothing so that's whatever. He'll be gone next year. Hinrich was gotten for nothing. With the situation with Gilbert up in the air and a young 20-year-old franchise PG coming in, Hinrich is perfect as a mentor and stopgap.

The team sucks because it's not a real team yet. It's a work in progress. I mean hell, even the head coach is a stop gap. We aren't winning this year. Might sneak in as an 8 seed next year. And if in 3 years time, we're not much improved then you put Grunfeld out on his ass.

I know he gets a lot of criticism for the disastrous Big Three, but 1) Gilbert blowing out his knee was a killer and 2) I think a lot of that was Abe forcing Ernies hand a bit. On keeping Eddie for as long as he did, on reupping Jamison and Gilbert, on trading the 5th pick to try and win now.

That's my take anyway. I said in the beginning I wasn't going to let anything get me down this year save Wall blowing out his knee. I'm still not down but I'm slightly annoyed and frustrated that we have this supposed super, awesome future top 3 player and he never ****ing plays because his little piggies "ache".