Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I've been thinking about this for about a week but once Humphries gets healthy I think he should be starting over Nene.

Nene has looked extremely slow and unathletic so far,

Truthfully, I think Paul would be better suited coming off the bench as well.

I think he could feast on bench players.

Good. We need to be making Amir Johnson pay for trying to dribble the ball at 35 ****ing feet.

10-0 run is a great way to start the third qtr. Chip away at that lead, get it down close to single digits by the end of the quarter and you have a game going into the fourth.

We're killing ourselves with offensive fouls too.

Man they're ****ing squeezing us on these screens and letting Toronto get away with the same. They don't need the ****ing help.

John is the best drive and kick passer in the NBA.

Bad news is that the wizards have played two good teams and now they will have lost to both.

Got them on the road when they were at full strength and we weren't. We'll beat both of them when they come here.

Look at the box score. Dead even in pretty much everything except the shooting percentages. That's what this game came down to. We couldn't shoot for **** and they shot very well. Both teams got good shots.

One of the only bright spots has been Kris Humphries's effort. He has been hustling his ass off. Strong play from him.

Yeah don't watch this one if you haven't already. Nothing but a bunch of bricks. Bricks on layups and open jumpers and FTs. ugh. That shook our confidence right out the gate and fueled Toronto and then our defense fell apart.

This was a game you just forget about and move on to Indy tomorrow. The only bright spots were the play of Miller, Humphries, and Porter. Miller has looked good the past two games, restored my confidence in him. His Old Man Game was on full display tonight. If you can just get a highlight reel of that, that's all you should watch.

This is just mental now. You know Toronto owned us last year. You know they're arguably our top competition. It just feels like it's time to step up and take control. You feel it so much you start playing outside yourself and you look like compete **** as a result. Basically the definition of choking.

What's up with Nene's lack of scoring. Three consecutive games in the single digits. I don't think he had a run of low scoring that long all of last season.

Looking at his game log from last year, he never even had TWO consecutive games in the single digits

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hilarne01/gamelog/2014/

His first season here though he had a couple of instances with three consecutive single digit games

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hilarne01/gamelog/2013/

Of course he battled injuries throughout that season so that probably doesn't bode well for us now. I mean he's basically a 7 footer that weighs closer to 300lbs than 200 and he's 32 years old. So...yeah

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

What's up with Nene's lack of scoring.  Three consecutive games in the single digits.  I don't think he had a run of low scoring that long all of last season.

He'd score in double figures if he'd stop missing layups and free throws. Including last night. His FT shooting has majorly regressed the since two years ago. He should be shooting better than 60%, not below it.

Nene doesn't look right yet. He had a big game when his jumper was falling, but his low post game is all off.

Wall is a long way from midseason form too. He's missed a ton of layups so far this year. That is completely out of character, he's usually one of the strongest and most efficient inside finishers in the NBA.

We're not going to play to our potential until Beal gets back and Pierce and Nene find their game. We've got a little continuity issue that Toronto doesn't have, and it definitely showed last night.

It's weird, I think Toronto is going to get the one seed fairly comfortably and yet still go into the postseason as under dogs against us, Chicago, Cleveland, and maybe Miami. That team is built for regular season success because they've got quality 1-12 and they play really hard. But the difference in quality between 1-8 here and there is going to show up in a playoff series, just like it did against Chicago.

Wall is a long way from midseason form too. He's missed a ton of layups so far this year. That is completely out of character, he's usually one of the strongest and most efficient inside finishers in the NBA.

Oh I don't know about that. His first couple years he really struggled at the rim, missing layups. I distinctly remember it because it was so maddening. I mean he's so quick and fast, he'd have no problem getting past defenders and to the rim and then wouldn't be able to finish. Last year was the first season where it was never an issue.

Completely agree with the rest of your post.

Sloan threw a slow uncontested pass over 7'1 Hibbert who was standing alone above the three point line. That play didn't even stick out as particularly bad for the pacers in that quarter, which tells you all you need to know about how the Pacers are playing.