Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Switching back to a 4-3

skins4ever17

Is the 2010 season already over for the washington redskins???  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Is the 2010 season already over for the washington redskins???

• yes
    • no

I like the 3-4 and I think the redskins can make it work, but there will always be an adjustment period and most of our D is used to the 4-3, so a mid season switch would probably have good results. Especially since dumb-as-a-rock Albert just honestly does not know how to play nose tackle and is too fat to play linebacker, so in a 4-3 he'd actually have some role in the system. but as I said, I like the 3-4 and we're better off sticking with it in the long run, it's not like this season was going to be a playoff run anyways.

I don't think they will switch D in the middle of a season specially after week 3. I think the main problem is we just dont have the right personnel to fit the 3-4. Yea the 3-4 is can be sick but we have 4-3 personnel. So they are just gonna patch it up the best they can and come next year we will switch to 4-3 or recruit the right players for 3-4.

This team's defense isn't remotely as bad as it looks, it's the 'transition.' You know what, let's transition when we've had a full draft to get 3-4 guys here, then maybe the switch will be easier. RIght now, we're WASTING several players talents and not even getting results on the field. As for turnovers, give me a break, being aggressive, less predictable and being more stout against the run and unleashing Haynesworth at DT and AC back at DE, you're going to get some turnovers.

It sounds like a brilliant idea going with the 4-3, since WE HAVE 4-3 PERSONNEL ON THE TEAM!

Our line is mostly 4-3 and our linebackers are all 4-3 based. Going to a 3-4 with 4-3 players has resulted in the disaster we have witnessed the last 3 weeks. (Yes we gave up a ton of yards to the boys as well). I would start Carter, Carriker, Haynesworth, Orakpo, with McIntosh, Fletcher, and Chris Wilson, and then our 2 CB and 2 safeties. The defense would instantly improve, since 6 of the 7 in the front are 4-3 players. Only Carriker is a 3-4 DE, and he can easily play DT in a 4-3. Haynesworth is a beast at 4-3, so would Orakpo and Carter flourish in that defense. Fletcher and McIntosh would play better as well.

It's a no brainer... just like the offense playing DT instead of two old slow guys with 0 YAC ability.

Will the coaches do it? Probably not, since we have a stubborn old dog running the show.

Well...if you don't expect us to make the championship even with a 4-3...why not wait until the off season to build more for a 3-4 which is arguably a more opportunistic scheme??

That way...we'll have depth on defense where we can substitute D-linemen who are now posing as linebackers....we can sign speedy competent linebackers that will work well for the defense...we can get a defensive coordinator great with a 3-4...we can get a top receiver(Maybe Moss..Maybe Vincent Jackson)...we can get some RB talent...we can sign some corners...and we'll reload for next season

If we finish the season 9-7 I'll see that as a huge accomplishment

Everyone whined about Blache last year but he played to this teams strengths which is a stout 4-3 line, it might not have created turnovers but it got teams off the field enough. The coaches appear bent to force this team in a system where they simply don't have the personnel for. I expected offensive struggles early but the defensive and special teams play has been pathetic in execution.

RELAX it is week 3 and we are 2nd place in the division

Also have you seen our upcoming schedule?

I'd love to switch back. Right now we got:

------------Moore------------Landry-------------

Rodgers----------------------------------Hall

Carter---McIntosh---Fletcher---Orakpo

--------Golston-Kemoatu-Carriker---------

Don't know about you but I feel like this:

----------------------Moore-----Landry--------------

Rodgers------------------------------------------------------Hall

---McIntosh------------Fletcher-------------------Orakpo----

--------Carter--Kemoatu--Haynesworth--Carriker---------

Would do much better. Not to mention Haynesworth would probably begin listening as well. Honestly, I don't care about the turnovers as much as I care about how many yards we give up. We can create all the turnovers we want but if we can't lower the amount of yards we give up, we can't win.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to get different results. We need to switch back to 4-3. The insanity part is sticking with old players and paying a lot of money to big name coaches who can't get different results with this old team. We lost to the Lions last year and now the Rams. No wonder the national media continues to ignore us. Right now we are as bad as the 49ers.

Mike Shanahan tried to obviously fix something that wasn't broken. This team played excellently in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 on defense. In each of those years the Redskins finished in the top ten in defense in the NFL. Teams like New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and others have been in the 3-4 defense for years. With or without Greg Blache, Shanahan should not have changed the defense.

Not saying he's a top coach or anything, but Blache gets a lot of undeserved hate directly because of our offensive woes last year...

It looks like Mike Shanahan ****ed up when he decide to change to a 3-4 WITHOUT having a plan to get players that fit the scheme... Plenty of people here suggested we trade Andre Carter (coming off a great season) and so on.... I feel bad for Carter personally... He was doing well and now he's a ****ing loser again...

I dont' care what kind of defense we run...if the CB's keep playing 10yds of the ball without jamming a WR at the line - we will never be an explosive defense...BUMP AND RUN U BUMS - which WR did they have that you feared?- esp on 3rd and 3

HASLETT you non-aggresive ***** 10 yds off the ball and a 1-step drop is automatically a 5 yd play- u toool box

I hate when a new coaching staff forces a team to adapt to a new scheme. You evaluate your tea and build your scheme around them, or you go out and get the players who are familar with the scheme you are trying to implement. We did neither and it shows. Our personel is clearly a 4-3 defense. Until we make the necessary changes, our d will continue to be exposed.

Archived