Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Bush Suffers Broken Bone in Leg, according to multiple sources.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/21/reggie-bush-injured-in-saints-victory-over-49ers/?icid=main%7Chp-desktop%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk1%7C171812

New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush could miss several weeks after suffering a broken bone in his lower right leg during the Saints' 25-22 Monday night victory over San Francisco, according to multiple reports.

NewOrleans.com reported following the game that Bush would be out a minimum six weeks, though the injury is not believed to be season-ending.

Bush left Candlestick Park on crutches. He was scheduled to undergo further evaluation Tuesday after the Saints returned to New Orleans.

"I'm just trying not to think the worst and just try to stay as positive as I can in this situation," Bush said. "That's all you can do, hope for the best."

Bush hurt himself after recovering his muffed punt with 6:58 remaining. He had trouble catching the ball at windy Candlestick Park and was hurt diving to cover up the loose ball.

[/Quote]

Click link for the rest.

I remember hearing that there was a chance he wouldn't be brought back THIS year.

(This is the best I could find regarding his contract numbers.)

http://profootball.scout.com/2/777697.html

While his salary stays the same in 2008, he'll see a marginal increase in 2009 ($2.2 million to $2.6 million) before making a huge jump from $2.9 million to $8.0 million in 2010. And in 2011, he will receive $11.8 million in salary instead of the $3.575 million that was in his original contract. In addition to the $4 million signing bonus, which adds an extra million dollars to the Saints cap hit for each of the remaining four years, Bush will still have the opportunity to earn $1.5 million in NLTBE bonuses. And he can earn $800,000 more in 2011

Yes, that's what I remember reading about. Thanks.

I mean, if he hits free agency next year, and doesn't think he deserves superstar money, which he doesn't, can you imagine a better 3rd down back? He definitely hasn't lived up to his potential, or his draft status/pay check, but he's electric.

He'd bring ten times more to this team than Darren Sproles ever would have.

I really wish Reggie would have flashed the Heisman pose after he scored that TD last night.

I've always thought he was a good player, but he's grown on me the last few years. He's a very dynamic football player with the ability to make HUGE plays in the running game and passing game when used correctly. Giving back the Heisman, although I don't think it was necessary, was a classy move.

Wish he would have stuck it to them a bit more, though.

I remember hearing that there was a chance he wouldn't be brought back THIS year.

(This is the best I could find regarding his contract numbers.)

http://profootball.scout.com/2/777697.html

While his salary stays the same in 2008, he'll see a marginal increase in 2009 ($2.2 million to $2.6 million) before making a huge jump from $2.9 million to $8.0 million in 2010. And in 2011, he will receive $11.8 million in salary instead of the $3.575 million that was in his original contract. In addition to the $4 million signing bonus, which adds an extra million dollars to the Saints cap hit for each of the remaining four years, Bush will still have the opportunity to earn $1.5 million in NLTBE bonuses. And he can earn $800,000 more in 2011

With those numbers for 2011, I'm almost willing to bet he'll be out of New Orleans next year. Solid player, but he's simply not worth that much.

I like Reggie Bush. There was a noticeable difference in his running style about halfway through last year for the Saints. Pierre Thomas started to get more touches and - under some serious coaching, im sure - Reggie Bush began to run like an NFL running back. He finishes his runs and squares up on people now. He doesn't dance as much and try to pull everything outside.

I have to imagine that the Saints will not have him back next year. He would be an excellent Brian Westbrook-like option for this team. He is a good player. He isn't a No. 2 overall pick, $11mil a year player. The money and draft position came with expectations that he couldn't live up to.

Archived