Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A 3 point win over the Lions.

Big Weirdo

McDermott couldn't make a pimple on JJ's butt (may he rest in peace). 27 to GB, 32 to the Lions. They needed the defense to rebound from last year's atrocious play and they're definitely not. God help us when we play the Texans. Eagles have the "world's best ST coach" and ST's are putrid.

I know AR's teams start very slowly, but there's some ugly football going on.

I hate to say it, but good defense is going to be hard to find in the NFL anymore.

The rule changes have made the game look like flag football.

And, if they start sitting everyone out who gets hit in the head during the game, they'll have to increase the rosters to 100.

BTW, at this time of year, defenses are supposed to be way ahead of offenses.

Anybody got an example?

I think it was on the drive where the Texans tied it up, there was a play where the Texans completed a pass and the receiver got tackled near midfield. At the end of the play, another Redskin came in and from the replay it looked like his foot might have touched the Houston guy and then he tumbled over the guy.

These Texans fans sitting behind me are bellowing for a late-hit flag to be called.

I'm like "Seriously? This is how you want your team to win?"

It's been going on for 10 years.

Starting slowly, finishing strong or eeking into the playoffs only to get booted in rounds 1 or 2 (or if we're lucky enough the NFC Championship game!) and Reid gets a pass because he got us there once again only he doesn't have the fortitude to bring us a Lombardi.

People and pundits can call this a rebuilding year for the Eagles but screw that. Reid has what he wanted. It's time for him to put up or shut up.

It's not a rebuilding year if you're looking at needing to replace 3 of your OL in the next offseason, IMO. He's really set Kolb up to fail with the OL. Grant it there should still be times KK can shine, but it's going to be tough when he's getting lamblasted every other play by a DE.

I guess people clamoring for better WRs got what they want, just at the expense of having a decent OL

I hate to say it, but good defense is going to be hard to find in the NFL anymore.

The rule changes have made the game look like flag football.

I agree. You have to have an elite QB and be able to score points in today's NFL. The best teams year in year out are the ones with the best QBs.

Regarding the Eagles, they look scary with Vick. He pretty much gives them what McNabb gave them in his youth, except he's got athletes all around him. If they stick with Vick they could win the division(the NFC East as a whole is really weak).

Here's hoping they go back to Kolb. :beavisnbutthead:

Vick does what every QB who has played the Lions for the last three years does, and people treat him like he just won a playoff game. If Kolb thrown for 280 against the league's worst passing defense, you can guarantee that there'd be some asterisks flying around this board and in the Philly sports echo chamber.

Archived