Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who plays LT next week, against the Rams?

shakinaiken

Its clear that Trent Williams is out for a little bit with the injury he sustained( though hopefully, as reports have indicated, its only a sprain). so in the near future, we need a LT. So who would you prefer- Stephon Heyer who has shown that he's medicore at best in this league, but technically speaking, is the back up at LT... or move Brown to LT. whos had pro bowl seasons at LT, but is firmly entrenched as our RT.... thoughts?

I don't think you make a RT to LT move with a guy still getting his playing legs under him (Brown) towards the end of a game. Because then you potentially destabilize TWO positions, rather than the one you're subbing for.

That's why, I think, they didn't move Brown. Who goes in at RT if you move Brown?

I don't think you make a RT to LT move with a guy still getting his playing legs under him (Brown) towards the end of a game. Because then you potentially destabilize TWO positions, rather than the one you're subbing for.

That's why, I think, they didn't move Brown. Who goes in at RT if you move Brown?

I'm assuming Heyer, but I agree that it would have been a bad move to do that.

What they should have done is give Heyer help at LT. Keep Cooley in to help block or keep Portis on that side or something. Don't just leave him on an island. That didn't make any sense.

Initial reports sound like Williams is in a lot of pain. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he sat out for the Rams game and they played Heyer at LT and just planned to roll more protection to his side to give him some help.

I'm assuming Heyer, but I agree that it would have been a bad move to do that.

What they should have done is give Heyer help at LT. Keep Cooley in to help block or keep Portis on that side or something. Don't just leave him on an island. That didn't make any sense.

Initial reports sound like Williams is in a lot of pain. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he sat out for the Rams game and they played Heyer at LT and just planned to roll more protection to his side to give him some help.

agree.. Heyer is competent for a game or two at LT.. Brown needs to establish some consistency at RT

agree.. Heyer is competent for a game or two at LT.. Brown needs to establish some consistency at RT

Heyer can't be trusted for a play or two at left guard... Didn't he have a crucial hold in today's game negating a first down with the game on the line? Heyer can't start at LT unless we want to risk an injury to McNabb.

I'm really not sure why we didn't put Brown over at LT as soon as Williams got hurt.

He's been a Pro Bowl LT, I'm sure he could slide right over.

I think the reason we didn't make that move was because on that play Williams was actually lined up on the right side (where Brown was playing) they moved him there because he was having a tough time vs. Williams. So keeping Brown (the best linemen at that point) lined up on the Texans best D-linemen made sense.

Archived