Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why haven't we gotten a WR?

gutlead74

Can't fix everything in one offseason.

I mean... New QB, new right and left tackles, new right guard... it would be nice to have a shiny new WR to instill more confidence. But, who would you have added this offseason?

TO? Hell no. Washed up Housh? Two high draft choices for troubled WRs like Jackson or Brandon Marshall? Risky.

We don't have a new WR because the front office isn't panicking like they have in the past. They aren't going to make a Jason Taylor like trade to fill a perceived weakness on the roster.

It's called patience.

If they are so meaningless why are we ranked with very same teams that led the NFL last year in passing yards?

This is a prime example of fan logic in the era of fantasy bs mentality. We don't have big name WRs so we suck. It's also a prime example of lemmings that don't believe their own eyes over what the announcers and analyst say.

Seriously listen to the call for any game come on this sight and watch people just regurgitate the same stupid **** the media tells them to think, a lot of times it will be direct quotes.

If they are so meaningless why are we ranked with very same teams that led the NFL last year in passing yards?

This is a prime example of fan logic in the era of fantasy bs mentality. We don't have big name WRs so we suck. It's also a prime example of lemmings that don't believe their own eyes over what the announcers and analyst say.

Seriously listen to the call for any game come on this sight and watch people just regurgitate the same stupid **** the media tells them to think, a lot of times it will be direct quotes.

well by your logic - Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, and Rhett Bomar will supplant Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady this season.

Also, look for Victor Cruz, Matt Willis, and Adrian Arrington to lead the league in receiving yards.

In 2006, two of the NFL’s three highest rated pre season quarterbacks were Bruce Gradkowski and Cleo Lemon. In 2007, Gradkowski was 2nd in the NFL preseason in passing. In 2008, David Carr and Dan Orlovsky were two of the league’s three highest rated preseason quarterbacks.

------

By logic they should all be starting and winning a hell of a lot more games....

Do you really believe the Colts, Saints, Giants and Patriots are among the 5 worst defenses in the league?

Or that the Raiders, Bills and Browns are among the 10 best offenses?

Is Rex Grossman going to pass for most of the yards in the Redskins super-duper passing attack this year?

Come on.

well by your logic - Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, and Rhett Bomar will supplant Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady this season.

Also, look for Victor Cruz, Matt Willis, and Adrian Arrington to lead the league in receiving yards.

This will be a hard concept, so I will type real slow. The teams that lead the NFL in passing all share one thing great scheme and execution of the scheme. All those trees are a forest.

This will be a hard concept, so I will type real slow. The teams that lead the NFL in passing all share one thing great scheme and execution of the scheme. All those trees are a forest.

Dude, it's fine if you want to argue the merits of our passing game and say we are set at WR, but please don't use meaningless preseason stats to back your argument, especially when our starting QB missed two games.

I, for one, was among the crowd that really wanted TJ Houshmandzadeh. Even though we didn't get him, I still think we can be an efficient passing team as long as Cooley, Moss, and Davis stay healthy.

Am I the only one that thinks Armstrong is our future?

I don't have a lot of faith in a 27 year old receiver finally getting his first shot being our "future", but I do think he could develop into a very solid # 3 receiver. I like his work ethic and fight. He has shown us a lot, and maybe he will surprise us for giving him a shot. If we get that out of him, we got a major steal!!

What other stats would you like me to use?

Fine we will suck at offense because preseason is meaningless. Our 2nd teamers moved well vs the other guys ones cuz it was meaningless preseason. We might as well just give up.

Hell the last decade of sucking in the preseason was no indicator of our offense at all, we always had great offenses after being pathetic in the preseason.

My bad guys my bad.

What other stats would you like me to use?

Fine we will suck at offense because preseason is meaningless. Our 2nd teamers moved well vs the other guys ones cuz it was meaningless preseason. We might as well just give up.

Hell the last decade of sucking in the preseason was no indicator of our offense at all, we always had great offenses after being pathetic in the preseason.

My bad guys my bad.

Wow. Just wow.

Archived