Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why haven't we gotten a WR?

gutlead74

maybe just maybe they are waiting for the Chargers to come down in their asking price.They didn't say who but Jackson found a team and got a contract done but the team and the Chargers couldn't agree on compensation so the trade is dead.MAy or may not have been the Skins don't know.The packers were also tryin to trade a guard named Spitz who if i remember is pretty good, better than what we have.At least montgomery anyway, but it seems the Skins are done moven unless a need raises up during this game and they are forced to trade for something.

I agree and disagree. I do believe the Skins was the "unnamed" team involved with VJ and that they will continue to monitor the situation till AJ decides to come off his high horse. I don't think the proposed trade is dead. I think it's on the back burner, but still has a pulse. Apparently, the unnamed team got alot farther than the Seahags and the Rams. AJ still trying to be stubborn, but at some point he'll have to relent. If he doesn't, he'll lose VJ regardless without compensation next (unless there is a new CBA, there will be no franchise tag to keep VJ) season. I still think VJ will be traded before it's all said and done. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when and to whom. :D

Is there any reason you'd want James Hardy other than he's tall? He got cut from a Bills team that lacks receivers. Why would we want to bring him in?

I tend to agree. This guy has done absolutely nothing since being a high draft pick. Hasn't done anything to warrant cutting one of the guys we already have. Hell, at least DT has performed a few times. :silly: From what I have seen, Hardy hasn't done :pooh:.;)

Lets see what they can do. One thing is for sure--we have lots of speed. Why are people advocating going after another "big name" in Housh? The guys is 32 and got cut. Who's to say he'd do anything for us? I like the approach we took of getting a crap load of guys at the position in the off season and letting them battle it out. It gave a hungry guy like Armstrong an opportunity to show what he can do, and it may pay off big time. I predict that the wr core will surprise this year.

I don't have a lot of faith in a 27 year old receiver finally getting his first shot being our "future", but I do think he could develop into a very solid # 3 receiver. I like his work ethic and fight. He has shown us a lot, and maybe he will surprise us for giving him a shot. If we get that out of him, we got a major steal!!

a lot of people don't know this..but besides Armstrong being 27 and just getting his chance finally, Beck is 29, so he's not our QB of the future either.

the skins new management did what they could with what they had without jumping off a cliff like vinny used to do. rome was not built in a day.

anyway, i'm betting that these redskins will have a better record than the snyder/vinny/zorn redskins of old and that ain't bad.

Let's forget about the pre-season stats for the moment.

Last year under Zorn and JC the Skins were ranked 16 in passing offense (total offense was at 22).

So we were in the middle last year and that was without Cooley. I think we will be alright this year and better of course.

By the way we were ranked 10 on total defense last year.

I tend to agree. This guy has done absolutely nothing since being a high draft pick. Hasn't done anything to warrant cutting one of the guys we already have. Hell, at least DT has performed a few times. :silly: From what I have seen, Hardy hasn't done :pooh:.;)

I still think Hardy has a lot of potential. Not sold on our WR yet. Can't see Galloway and Banks staying healthy all season. Would not mind having Michael Clayton on the roster.

Archived