Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bold Prediction: Which 2002 NFC Division Champ Will Miss the Playoffs?

NBlue

I'll go with the 49ers.

I think they will miss Mooch more than they think -- I have a lot of questions about Erickson. Plus, I don't see Garcia making it through the season healthy with his back. Further, I think they will miss Stokes and he has looked good with the Jags -- team will be able to double TO even more. Most importantly, they will have to play a resurgent and powerful Rams team twice and an up-and-coming Seattle team twice as well in addition to games against Philly and Tampa.

My bet is they finish 9-7 behind a 11-5 Rams squad and out of the playoffs . . .

If they were in a tougher division I would say the Pack, but they can still win that division in their sleep. I would have to go with you on the 'niners. I have a feeling the Rams will be back or near to their old form and the Seahawks will be better. They could very well end up third in their division.

I'd go with the 49ers too. With questions surrounding Garcia and Erickison they look vunerable. The Bucs look even more tough given another year with Gruden at the helm. Their offense will be that much better. I watched them the other night and they don't look like your typical Bucs offence. Varied, powerful and aggressive. Just like the D. Watch out.

agreed, the Packers are the weakest of the returning division winners but play a cake schedule.

GB is going to go 7-1 or 6-2 in their division and only need to go 3-5 in the rest of their games :laugh:

the 49ers are the team I think will fall the hardest. Their DL and secondary are suspect. They needed a miracle to beat the Giants in the first round last year and the Giants have improved themselves.

The Rams will retake the Western Division.

The Eagles are in for a dogfight as well but are better situated than the 49ers. The Rams are clearly a more physically talented team than SF, while the Giants are in my mind close to or on par with the Eagles.

Archived