Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thought the Skins played well or am I missing something?

Tomel

We defiantly matched up well with the ravens on 1st string.. To hold them to only 3 points says a lot about our team already and the confidence.... Though i agree once the punt happen the momentum swung all in the ravens hands.. Though one thing i will say is the ravens have a lot of depth than we do.. I think in the long run.. This is what both Shanahan and Allen our going to be building for the next couple years..(Depth) But in the end if we go 8-8 this year i would be happy.. As long as we scored over 20 points a game and make some key turnovers on d which i feel we will. We'll be fine.. everyone can't expect super bowl the first year. Look at most elite teams.. They have been building for years and years. We will get back to the superbowl.. We our in good hands with Allen and Shanahan aboard trust me..

Hail :dallasuck

I was impressed by the way we played. A few dropped balls aside, we held the to 3 points until the fake punt. They really hadn't moved the ball much until after fake punt.

Our O seemed to move the ball. I really think we looked good on 3rd downs.

i think we played decent last night, but not great. the protection for mcnabb fell apart several times, and our run blocking at times was pretty poor against baltimore. there were a few plays where suggs pushed williams back into the play during a run. i thought our defense looked good out there, but i would've liked to see some sacks as well. i think that they can build from some of the mistakes made in this game, and i think it will end up helping us that we are playing a team like baltimore and then the jets in the preseason. we will find out what our weaknesses are and work them out.

i thought the defense played aggressive and assertive. we attacked a lot and brought pressure on numerous occasions. this will be an interesting year. i hope and pray that all of our major contributors to both defense and offense stay healthy for the most part.

...is it just me or should we start getting excited for Anthony Armstrong??? have we found our number 2?? we shall see.

Let's pray he doesn't get hurt and miss time (like he has in 5 of the past 6 seasons and in all but 4 years of his 11 year career) because Rex Grossman looked awful.
Grossman quietly had around 200 yards passing in just the 2nd half, and led 3 drives which started deep in our own territory that stalled in or near the red zone. The only "awful" thing about it was the INT.

Galloway did not play yesterday and had one horribly overthrown pass in his direction vs Bills. Shanny knows what Galloway can do - he is more concerned with what anyone else can (or cannot) show.

Joey will play this week; probably start so withhold the panic for another week.

I agree and that might be wh we're seeing Armstrong with the first team so much.

WTF with the fumble not reviewable due to play was blown dead due to forward progress. He was still moving forward when the ball was stripped. Then next Redskins drive when Keiland or whatever running back was in there was stopped, stood up, and like 3-4 seconds before whistles were blown.

I have no problem with the rule but apply it evenly.

WTF with the fumble not reviewable due to play was blown dead due to forward progress. He was still moving forward when the ball was stripped. Then next Redskins drive when Keiland or whatever running back was in there was stopped, stood up, and like 3-4 seconds before whistles were blown.

I have no problem with the rule but apply it evenly.

Yeah I finally got to watch the game today on my tivo and the whole time I'm thinking that the officiating is absolute ****.

Grossman quietly had around 200 yards passing in just the 2nd half, and led 3 drives which started deep in our own territory that stalled in or near the red zone. The only "awful" thing about it was the INT.

He forced a lot of throws and was off the mark on some of the dumpoffs and quick passes, forcing his receivers to make big catches and leaving them vulnerable. This is because he hardly ever set his feet, even when he had clean pockets--he looks like a college player, squaring up to the LoS and throwing off his back foot constantly. The interception was terrible, there was another bad throw into triple coverage that he completed by the grace of god--against starters that would have been an easy interception. He also lost two fumbles, one of which was utterly terrible and completely avoidable because he saw the pressure coming and was trying to tuck the ball but still foolishly threw it underhanded for some reason. Don't let the passing yards fool you, he looked really bad.

Edit: I forgot to mention that those long drives your referring to weren't as impressive as they seemed. He was working from a shotgun spread no huddle offense almost the entire fourth quarter where we went four wide pretty much the whole time. Plus it was against third stringers.

This didn't worry me. If not for the Gano miss and the fake punt, it was 6-6, a typical Ravens type game. They are hard to run against and with 26 pass attempts in the first half it was targeting their weakness.

Simple, yet very effective observation. Although I'm sure the queen will disagree.

This didn't worry me. If not for the Gano miss and the fake punt, it was 6-6, a typical Ravens type game. They are hard to run against and with 26 pass attempts in the first half it was targeting their weakness.

I agree completely. Plus, the first drive ends in a TD 8/10 times. Not only did McNabb under throw Armstrong to get into the red zone, but Davis dropped a TD pass on second and goal. So, if Gano kicks that FG and the Ravens don't run a fake punt, we probably have a lead at half time with a TD against their starting D.

No need to panic. Shanahan is not the ole ball coach and he won't put his entire game plan in motion during the preseason. Harbaugh must have thought it was a playoff game. Who runs a fake punt in preseason? Who challenges a spot with 6 minutes left and the game already decided? You saw one seasoned coach evaluating his team and a green coach pulling out all the stops to win a preseason game.

Archived