Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Sports Bog: McNabb says he'll be with Redskins "for years"

MattFancy

I say McNabb will have about four years here. If we draft a QB next year, maybe three. If we take one in 2012, I'd say four. More than that is a long time, but if we don't have a better option I'll stay with McNabb for twelve years if he still wants to play :ols:

Seriously, if he wins the superbowl here, he will become a instant legend here. I would go as far that he instantly becomes the franchise's best QB if that does happen

Then maybe when he retires he can take over Sam's job in the booth. :ols:

I really want him around for 3-4 years. But wait, didn't Sal say his BFF was in Minny???? Guess he wants to play for a REAL coach more.

Your not crazy one bit 2012 is a loaded QB class and that would be the perfect year to go after QB's. Barkley, Brantley, Gabbert just to name a few. 2011 is the year to go for the WR and LB's as they have some top end talent that could be stars for a long time in our scheme

Yesss! See, I'm gettin' the hang of this Fooseball thang!

I think DM5 might be good for awhile bro's...He's only 33! 4 yrs. and he's 37. Brett Favre just clicked 40! DM5 can definitely do another 4-5 yrs. easy!

Eagles pulled the plug waaaaay too soon!

Although personally, I'm hoping "for years" isn't more than 4 or so. By that point, we'd better have a young guy ready to go. Most QB's don't have Brett Favre's late career success.

Rich Gannon disagrees with you. :)

I think if McNabb takes care of his body, he can easily play for another 3-5 years at a high level.

I hope you realize he said "most" QBs. One other example doesn't discredit his statement by any means. Actually, it reinforces it...

I like McNabb. I feel as though this team just got a whole lot better with the acquisition of both Shanahans, Hasslet, and McNabb. Though, I'm not going to get too pumped up till McNabb signs his contract.

I really don't think McNabb is as fragile as Philly fans would have you believe. He has only missed 4 games in the last three years. In the 2007 season, he missed two games due to a severe ankle sprain. In the 2008 season, he played in every game. Last season, he was speared by a Carolina player while lying in the endzone and broke several ribs. He still only missed two games.

For the last three years at least, that does not seem that bad to me. And anyone who does not realize what a warrior he is has not watched his games. He played on a broken ankle in the Tampa Bay game and was basically abandoned by Reid's ludicrous playcalling when he came back from knee surgery three years ago. He came back in less than a year but Reid still refused to run the ball more and let him get bashed around running for his life. He had no offense that year but Westbrook - no decent receivers or tight ends back then. But, as usual, Philly fans gave McNabb all the blame. I can only imagine what a breath of fresh air Skins fans are to him.

As for Minnesota, I think this is the only team he would consider leaving the Skins for. Not only do they have his old offensive coordinator as head coach, but his good friend and former quarterbacks coach from Syracuse is the Minny quarterbacks coach.

I'm glad to see he wants to be here with the Skins. With Shanny, Kyle Shanny and McNabb running the Skins offense there is a possibility of some special things happening.

Super Syked!!!!

:logo:

Me too man. I'm beyond excited to have McNabb here. We haven't had a real, proven QB in FOREVER!!

At this point in McNabb's career he's only thinking one thing: Super Bowl. He's not worried about stats or records, he just wants to win the big one and I think he thinks he can really do it here under the Shanahans.

Archived