Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Droppin Balls

Thinking Skins

One thing I want to take away from this game, or at least the first quarter is less dropped balls. I dont think that its going to take a lot to see that either.

See, I dont think that the drops are due to fundamentals of our recievers as much as it is due to the hard balls thrown by Ramsey. I mean, its one thing to hear footsteps as you go across the middle, but its something completely different to hear footsteps and have to catch a live bullet.

With the injury to Ramsey's hand, SS said that he's taken some velocity off his throws. So I'm thinking that will make them much more catchable. If this is the case, then our offense will thrive this week.

I don't agree.

You are paid a professional salary to catch a ball, you should catch it :)

the same arguments were made early in the careers of Aikman and Elway. receivers complained about high velocity balls, etc.

funny, once the Cowboys acquired Novacek and Irvin came on, there weren't any more dropped balls :laugh:

Flemister dropped a ball any NFL TE should have caught.

Ditto for Rod Gardner who dropped a ball that hit him in the chest.

The one catch you could perhaps look at is that of Bryan Johnson where the ball was hard but it was also high, where the FB had trouble getting his hands up to snare it.

Ramsey is not a well-oiled machine at this point. But I seem to remember other young Redskins qbs with strong arms and little experience like Schroeder and Rypien who were erratic when they started.

And yet we had receivers like Clark, Sanders and Monk that caught their passes :)

Anyone remember Schroeder's 4,109 yard season in 1986?

Wood**** had a ball go right thru his hands.I don't think we have a single reciever who hasn't dropped a pass. I'll give jacobs a pass though since he almost made a great catch on the one he dropped. I still think he caught that pass. And by the way doesn't everyone's balls drop a little with age?:silly: :rotflmao:

The receivers are having trouble more than likely because Ramsey does throw the ball hard but even more because he releases the ball so quick. The ball comes up on the receivers quick and there is an adjustment period. However, they are professionals and theres no excuse for the drops. I'm sure Ramsey get alittle juiced in the early part of the games and possibly the balls have a little more zip on them.

My problem with this is that Gardner, Flem, Hohnson, and several others are not new to the Skins. They've all caught balls from Ramsey since last year. For that matter, all these guys have been in camp, practice, ect., catching balls from Ramsey. Nothing they haven't seen before. Okay, maybe take a little bit of getting used too, but by now, shouldn't be a big deal. And more than likely isn't. Just seems that way.

:cheers:

Okay, I cant take this any longer. All these dropped ball comments for the last 2 weeks, but NOT ONE mention, as far as I know, regarding Watson's dropped ball of an easy floater that nailed him in the numbers and fell to the ground. But Watson gets no grief like the other, because he's the friggin fan favorite. Why ? I'll never understand.

morton had the worst drop of all last week. wide open on the left side of the field, would have been a 15 yard gain or so and he plumb dropped.

we have had so many missed opportunities and little things like drops and stupid penalties are so frustrating. i know this team can succeed if they get their heads out of their a$$es.

I was impressed with how whenever balls were high or low Wood**** was there.

The bigger Johnson was very impressive and able to handle being in different positions and still perform at a high level :D

Who isnt surprised that mick would defend the apparent lack of appreciation for a BJ :rolleyes:

Archived