Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Lallana doing some work in the midfield but I just don't think he's a starting player for Liverpool.  Never have...

That'd be the only one that I'd consider switching out.  I'll tell you... Matip has been outstanding.  Totally dominated the game match and just need to get our **** together at HT.  We'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, dchogs said:

I'd had gladly taken 2-1 at half prior to the start, but to give away a goal like that after dominating for 25 min.  Stings a bit.  Leicester's opportunistic, that's for sure. 

I had this 2-1 or 3-1 for a final.  But they weren't in the game at all before that spill.  Could've been 4-0, should've been 3-0.  No worries, sack up and finish this one out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Did someone ask for a photie of 'The Beast!' ? AKA L'pool's new main stand.. Which is frigging HUGE! 

From my season ticket seat looking across:

Hail.

the day you learn to post a photo....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Alaves has drawn with Atletico Madrid and beaten Barcelona so far this season.

:wtf:

Watched the very end... they did well mucking up the Barca final third, especially for a newly promoted side.  Didn't see any of their goals but by the time I turned it on the last 20 or so they had no interest in countering.

Probably asking a bit too much of Neymar to start being that he just got off the plane and he's been in Brasil most of the summer.  Notice we sat Phil save for the last 15 minutes.

But Barca looked out of sync... lots of miscommunication.  Well done by Alaves, not an easy place to get three points.

16 hours ago, DC9 said:

the day you learn to post a photo....

Listen buster. You may be the technical savvy one. You may be the brainy one. You may even be the one that can kill a guy with one figure. But I have the accent! And I've done battle with Manchester/ London/ The Blue****es finest over the years and still lived to tell the tale so don't EVER forget that! 

Now, until I figure this photo posting **** out, because I'm NOT going to ask the brat for help and have him laugh in my ear, AGAIN .....

Fantastic way to finally open at home with an absolute route of the Champions. 

Some of the movement and interplay was absolutely brilliant and the patience to keep doing it even when it isn't yielding the end result early was very pleasing. Should of been out of sight 2 or 3 at half time bar the Lucas f-up. Why Mingolet gave him the ball there to start with (his distribution was shocking yet again all game) heck only knows? But put it for a throw. Put it out for a corner. Put it ANYWHERE but across the face your own goal. That aside he recovered well the rest of the game alongside Matip who looks straight out of the Hansen/ Hyypia mould of classy centre-backs. I'm running out of superlatives for Mane. He's been at such a level every game he's played thus far ..... Outside of Johnny Barnes start back in '87 I can't remember a better first four games for Liverpool or a player that's captured the imagination and anticipation of everyone watching him. Which is about as high a compliment as I can give as John Barnes is the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever had the privilege of watching live. From any club. Special mention to Wynaldum too. He's been questioned thus far for his lack of goals, but every game he's played he's been real tidy in keeping everything ticking over the middle and the way he's often ahead of everyone the box is fantastic to see. Ronnie Whelan comes to mind. A player I don't think people will realise just how important he is to the side until he's not in the side for whatever reason. And once Can is back and he can be more attacking in his more natural advanced role. .....

And as for 'The Beast' ..... AKA the new Main Stand ..... WOW! That thing is HUGE! Even when your sat watching the game your eyes are just taken to it. And the open space they've created outside ..... Absolutely unrecognisable from the last game of last season. The 24/7 work that's gone the last 4 months to transform the whole area around the ground, never mind the behemoth they've constructed you just can't speak highly enough about all concerned. 

Oh yeah, a positive goal difference. 4 games in. Last year, it took until February for that to happen. 

Arsenal, Tottenham and now the Champions absolutely blown away by the attacking play. 

Another great day watching Jurgens Reds. Onto the next one Friday at Chelsea.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You are only allowed to upload 501.76kb.

I tried. I give up. And I'm STILL not asking Junior for help! :angry:

Hail. 

Two things... creat a twitter account... tweet the picture.  Copy and paste the tweet url in here.  We'll see it and then we can all finally follow your long awaited twitter arrival.

Second, Matip... ABSOLUTE top shelf defending.  From the midfield back to the box, he was brilliant.  Cool, calm, no nonsense at times, but good distrobution others. 

For those folks here who are also US fans, Bobby Wood scored his second goal in 2 games for Hamburg - a Bundisliga side.  He is looking very strong in his attacking role.

Nice job by Pool today.  Leicester will go down as just another one hit wonder.  They will struggle to get 45 points this season.

• Like 4

Just caught up with yesterday's games. Good Manchester derby for the neutral, neither great the the back, city's new keeper:wtf:but man De Bruyne is top draw. Can't believe how open Leicester played but Liverpool confirm the are going to be one of the best teams to watch this season. Great performance overall. New stand looks very impressive indeed.