Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Awwww man work was buzzing all night. (Bar the bitters doing their best to try console themselves that we've brought in another malcontent who will implode the dressing room and send us back to our rightful place of 6/ 7th now we've lost our only player Luis  :rolleyes:.).

Brendan needed a marque signing and boy has he delivered. Marigoal (working on it but I'ma copyright that as a work in progress :P ) will be absolutely hero worshiped here. And coupled with the love and protection he'll get from his manager and new club, it's the PERFECT fit for player and club. Everyone I've spoken to, to a man with just a few slight concerns from one or two; are ecstatic over this. 

Book mark this for the seasons end ..... Liverpool will finish NO lower than 2nd this season!

The BR Revolution just stepped up a notch. 

Roll on Monday night! 

Hail. 

When I saw him in Charlotte I just had a feeling he was going to come to us.

I cannot wait, though.  This is what was needed. :D

When I saw him in Charlotte I just had a feeling he was going to come to us.

I cannot wait, though. This is what was needed. :D

F Lucas off and bring in Song and it's been a pretty frigging fantastic summer.

Love the way Brendan down played Super Mario a few weeks back in the States saying he was a top player but we weren't interested then did this on the quiet and surprised the Hell out of everyone by getting him so cheap when every media outlet thought Falcao was going to be the one. Remind me to NEVER play poker with that ****er. Lol.

Joking aside, it's fantastic to get back to doing our business in house when the first you hear of a defo signing is when it's done.

And I'm convinced Boston have sent someone over to do the negotiating in the background and show Ayte how it SHOULD be done. Profits on players going out. Hard bargaining to what WE want on incoming sand NOT what the selling club wants. Southampton adamant Lovren wasn't leaving for less than £ 25 million, we get him for 20. Sevilla the same on Moreno. No less than 20. We get him for 12. The fantastic loan deal for Manquillo. Now a World class forward, the best in Italy with his career ahead of him, under contract for a pittance of £ 16 million. When Milan wanted £ 25 million. That's WAY too many for Ayre to of changed his spots on one off season.

We are on the march again boys. On and off the field. Our time is here again.

WE ARE LIVERPOOL!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just because it was done differently "back in the day" doesn't make it right.

Heck, not even two decades ago "water breaks are for pussies" mentality existed in pointy football.

You get a three/ four week break (or longer dependent on when your Country went out) after the WC and in that period you lose your fitness or are too tired to start the new season? Do me a freaking favour E.

Today's players have it WAY better than anyone

EVER did 'back in the day.' They have the best experts available to them. They have the best diaticions makin sure they refuel properly to the bodies maximum. The best medics: physics and masseuses. They play on bowling green picture perfect pitches all year round. And get paid millions for the privilege.

Young men in the prime of their health but they are too tired and unfit after the summer to make the start iof the season? All from massive squads when half of them can't even play two games a week without complaining of being 'tired!'

#overpamperedmoderndaywusseswhodontknowtheyreborn

Hail.

You get a three/ four week break (or longer dependent on when your Country went out) after the WC and in that period you lose your fitness or are too tired to start the new season? Do me a freaking favour E.

Today's players have it WAY better than anyone

EVER did 'back in the day.' They have the best experts available to them. They have the best diaticions makin sure they refuel properly to the bodies maximum. The best medics: physics and masseuses. They play on bowling green picture perfect pitches all year round. And get paid millions for the privilege.

Young men in the prime of their health but they are too tired and unfit after the summer to make the start iof the season? All from massive squads when half of them can't even play two games a week without complaining of being 'tired!'

#overpamperedmoderndaywusseswhodontknowtheyreborn

Hail.

I think you're confusing  them not playing as being their choice. Isn't it the management and training staff making this call? 

Hey GHH, Balotelli SUCKS! Doesn't belong near a top Preimership club at all!

:P

Your joking aside, this has been fantastic to watch the last 24 hours.

Liverpool fans are loving it and the rest hate it. It's like the Suarez scenario. 

Fantastic.  

I think you're confusing  them not playing as being their choice. Isn't it the management and training staff making this call? 

Modern day football period. 

Pathetic. 

Hail. 

I've been going the game since '81. Regularly since '87/ '88. And in all that time I can't think of one marque World Class statement signing like this. 

Litmanen was at the back end of his career. Suarez was only big in Holland. Alonso wasn't the Spanish star he became. We broke the British record for Collymore but he was still just potential. Hyypia unknown. Hamann not really what you'd class in that bracket when we signed him. Even when we signed Johnny Barnes and broke the British record for Beardsley the same week they weren't players known the World over due to the ban. 

This is the single biggest transfer I think this club has made in those 33 years in terms of World wide stature and name of player.  

And for the pittance paid it could well turn out to be the best value for money bargain we've ever done. 

MAJOR players again. 

Hail. 

I've been going the game since '81. Regularly since '87/ '88. And in all that time I can't think of one marque World Class statement signing like this.

Litmanen was at the back end of his career. Suarez was only big in Holland. Alonso wasn't the Spanish star he became. We broke the British record for Collymore but he was still just potential. Hyypia unknown. Hamann not really what you'd class in that bracket when we signed him. Even when we signed Johnny Barnes and broke the British record for Beardsley the same week they weren't players known the World over due to the ban.

This is the single biggest transfer I think this club has made in those 33 years in terms of World wide stature and name of player.

And for the pittance paid it could well turn out to be the best value for money bargain we've ever done.

MAJOR players again.

Hail.

He's not Henry, he's not even Van Nistelrooy. Let's call him what he is, a very good signing. Not a transcendant player as you would have been quick to remind Arsenal fand had they signed him.

So few things because I need put them out-

1.  I guess as Real Madrid fan I'm suppose to hate to Barcelona with the passion of a 10000 suns.  I know the background story and all that from articles, videos,etc.  But I guess there's the understanding about what happened to Barca during the Civil War and they project that on Real.  Of course this that Real is all money and Barca is about values is incorrect.  We just saw Barca spend serious money on Neymar last year and then bring a disgraced Suarez.  Where's the humility and value there?  I guess I just don't see the hate.  Maybe I needed to be born into it.  It's like how I don't hate Liverpool.  I honestly mean that.  I have tons of respect for them thus why I hardly ever take a shot at them on here.  I have more issue with Bayern than anymore.  I guess I just don't like turning a game into something more.

2.  Its ironic that Barca acts as a victim and yet I keep reading (even before getting behind Madrid)  about issues with Barca fans at Camp Nou.  Ganging up on opposing supporters, dude killing his best friend who supported Madrid,etc.  Not to say Madrid supporters are innocent. They got in trouble recently.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

He's not Henry, he's not even Van Nistelrooy. Let's call him what he is, a very good signing. Not a transcendant player as you would have been quick to remind Arsenal fand had they signed him.

Behave will yer.

Henry was FAR from a World renowned name when Arsenal signed him. Van Nisyelrooy was certainly becoming far more noticed at PSV when Utd snapped him up but he wasn't as established as Balotelli is right now.

That was the point.

Hail.

MAJOR players again. 

Hail.

Signing Balotelli makes you type this...honestly GHH, he's a good signing at the price, but jeez really...every players price is set for a reason, the guys a good striker, no doubt, but world class...maybe, maybe not...one things for sure, if he was that good a signing he wouldn't be heading your way...IMHO

I feel like it would be pretty weird being a fan of a La Liga team. Aren't most of their news and fan sites in Spanish? How do you get news regularly?

I feel like it's easy with EPL because the language is basically the same...to a point lol

Sites have built in translations.  They do the the same for facebook and such. 

Signing Balotelli makes you type this...honestly GHH, he's a good signing at the price, but jeez really...every players price is set for a reason, the guys a good striker, no doubt, but world class...maybe, maybe not...one things for sure, if he was that good a signing he wouldn't be heading your way...IMHO

You're missing the point too.

Name one bigger name player we've signed at the time of signing?

That was the point.

Hail.