Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

^I agree GHH. I mean, Higuain? Huntelaar? Chicarito? Meh.

Higuain's the only one there but you'd be talking big money. Huntelaar has no pace and Hernandez is 'meh.' (Plus they'd never sell to us.).

I meant here's no quality English strikers. We have them already . Balotelli but I seriously doubt he's in Rodgers plans. Aside from the fact Chelsea wouldn't deal with us , Lukaku is nothin special. Just big and powerful. Like Benteke who I wouldn't take either. Everyone else of quality is tied up.

Michu maybe? Shrugs. When you sit and think about it there's very few quality striking options out there you could realistically bring in without paying silly money.

Yes, US medium is bigger.

Maybe Altidore isn't a lard ass then after all.

Maybe it's the deceiving under sized Sunderland shirt.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Higuain'd the only one there but you'd be talking big money. Huntelaar has no pace and Hernandez is 'meh.' (Plus they'd never sell to us.).

I meant here's no quality Emglish strikers. We have them already . Balotelli but I seriously doubt he's in Rodgers plans Sside from the fact Chelsea wouldn't deal with us , Lukaku is nothin special. Just big and powerful. Like Benteke who I wouldn't take either. Everyone else of quality is tied up.

Michu maybe? Shrugs. When you sit and think about it there's very few quality striking options out there you could realistically bring in without paying silly money.

Hail.

That last sentence is the catch. There are quality options out there in that "second tier" of strikers but they're going to demand at least 30 million. The top-notch guys aren't going anywhere as far as I can tell. As for Balotelli, meh...physical specimen with some good technical ability but there isn't a player like Suarez. Special, special talent.

Higuain's the only one there but you'd be talking big money. Huntelaar has no pace and Hernandez is 'meh.' (Plus they'd never sell to us.).

I meant here's no quality English strikers. We have them already . Balotelli but I seriously doubt he's in Rodgers plans. Aside from the fact Chelsea wouldn't deal with us , Lukaku is nothin special. Just big and powerful. Like Benteke who I wouldn't take either. Everyone else of quality is tied up.

Maybe Altidore isn't a lard ass then after all.

Maybe it's the deceiving under sized Sunderland shirt.

Hail.

I don't think I ever implied/said he was a lard ass. I just said he has difficulty getting a 12-inch ball across a plane that is 24' wide by 8' tall. 

I don't think I ever implied/said he was a lard ass. I just said he has difficulty getting a 12-inch ball across a plane that is 24' wide by 8' tall.

I wasn't aware you had implied that.

I, on the other hand, most certainly have along with every Sunderland fan misfortunate enough to see the fat bleep attempt to play last year.

Hail.

This one for GHH ;) ....,

The Daily Mail, AKA 'The Daily Third Reich'; must be celebrating getting rid of the dirty, horrible South American given they've been at the forefront of trying to hound him out since he arrived.

Hail.

*Edit* And the irony of the most Nationalistic, bigoted xenophobic publication out there calling someone else a racist isn't lost on me either.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

We're sat here with £ 75 million and I'm seriously struggling to think of a striker I'd want that would be quality (not necessarily top notch quality. We have that in Daniel. But proven reliable quality) to come in.

Borini back with a years Premiership experience under his belt will help. Lamber also who gives us a different option. But who you get as the 2nd striker I'm struggling.

Even looking at the WC nobody has really stood out up front.

Hail.

Jackson Martinez for 35 million is a name that intrigues me. I also like Cavanni to play behind the striker. Maybe we can get him relatively cheap (30-40 million) since he hasn't light France on fire. I don't know if Brendan is going to go to a 1 or 2 striker system, but it looks Luke he wants to have 1 out and out striker with 2 dynamic wing players.

Benzema would probably do the trick but he's not going anywhere unless RM sign Falcao, which doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm seeing this report on goal.com that Di Maria has agreed to "personal" terms with Man Utd. Please tell me that's a farce.

Benzema is nothing but a headache, I can't see worst fit for the Reds. This guy is walking on his tiny little selfish lazy island, and will never fit with "You'll never walk alone".

"One striker was bad enough; one striker like Karim Benzema was worse. Cold, quiet, insular, apparently laid back, apparently uncommitted, ambling absent-mindedly around the pitch, the Frenchman was not to Mourinho's liking. Mourinho had complained that training could not start at 10am because Benzema was "still asleep" and pointedly remarked that the Frenchman "could learn a lot sitting on the bench". Even Kaká weighed in: "We have the feeling," he said, "that Karim could do rather more." When Mourinho was asked about the Brazilian's comments, he simply agreed. "Kaká was only saying what we all think.""

I think Falcao would be the better fit as a talent, Cavani as a mindset.

Di Maria is seriously linked with PSG, Real wants €60 millions, ManU proposition is believed to be €50 millions, and you know the Qataris' silly deep pockets.

Edited by FrFan

Wow. Why such animosity for Benzema? He's one of the most talented CFs in the world. All of these top footballers are "walking on his tiny little selfish lazy island". If there's a player out there who could become available, who LFC could afford, and who comes even remotely close to replicating Suarez's role at LFC, it's Benzema. Similar skill-set but not quite that same level of talent.

Edit: I don't see it happening, though because I don't see Falcao leaving Monaco after that first year and I don't think the big boys would feel comfortable splashing the cash for him after such a devastating injury and no matches yet since.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

I'll take Benzema with a bullet.

You can keep Cavanni away from Anfield please.

EDIT: 

FrFan hates Benzema as he hates barbecue and freedom.

He eats his french fries with mayo and uses sizzlin instead of bacon.

How to illustrate the importance of work ethic and talent . . . hmmm . . . 

pssst... that's not Jozy.

Edited by DC9

Comparing Benzema to Adebayor is like comparing RG3 to Mark Sanchez.

I watched Benzema quite too many times to my liking. Let me remind you some facts:

Broke the record for most consecutive games without a score with France : 13

We had to play Australia to end the drought, and the all stadium was ironically chanting : "he scored, he scored !"

During this WC acted like a F diva, turning against one of his teammate (Giroud) How's that for team spirit and chemistry ?

When Deschamps made him played winger he sulked the all game !!!!. Finally he got Giroud benched in favor of Griezmann.

Has no work ethic, lazy, overweight many times. When he loses the ball he never ever make a single effort to get it back.

Have you ever seen him suffering from cramps ?

His scumbag agent just insulted and punched a couple of journalists during WC just because he didn't like the critics.

In 2013 86% of the Real socios didn't want him in the lineup during the Champion League.

I could go on and on.

pssst... that's not Jozy.

Nope, got no hate towards anybody, I just dislike Benzema a lot, because as I said previously I watched and heard him way too many times. :P

Thought I brought undisputable facts, for the ones who are not convinced, please replay France's qualification round and WC2014. ;)

Edit: I'll be nice with you: Benzema: 2 goals in 10 qualificaton games for France, How's that ?

The one who said; "My team is Algeria, France is for the sport side"

I'm wondering how you guys would feel if a USMNT soccer player born in the US from let's say mexican descent would say Mexico is my country, USA is for the sport side ?

Edited by FrFan

Their stats are comparable Ade at Arsenal .43 goals/game, Benzema at Real .47 goals/game.

The difference is that your manager and teammates feel like you can do more. Instead of being a 20+ goalscorer in Benzema's case, he could be a 30+ goal scorer if he'd just work a little harder. 

I'll take Benzema with a bullet.

You can keep Cavanni away from Anfield please.

EDIT: 

I would take Cavanni over Benzema seven day a week. I agree with FrFan despite his many (perceived) character flaws...