Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Liverpool register interest in #Leeds LB Charlie Taylor. #LFC

Already talked to Marty on twitter today... he said the kid the for real.  Kids put a request in and had it denied, so we'll see.

Martin doesn't just throw praise out there, so hopefully this is one we can secure pretty quickly and get him in.  22 years old and a lad with pace.

All for him but I'd rather have someone to come straight in and start rather than back-up the absolutely woeful, as he's shown yet again all pre-season, Albi Moreno. 

Hail. 

All for him but I'd rather have someone to come straight in and start rather than back-up the absolutely woeful, as he's shown yet again all pre-season, Albi Moreno. 

Hail. 

He was their starter and player of the year last year.  I don't think he backs up Moreno if we get him.

CLICKON Soccer ‏@CLICKONSoccer 33s33 seconds ago

#Belgium fears relegation from EU after Wilmots successor appointed http://bit.ly/2aVdJnP 

:lol:  :lol: .

It was an experience watching the ESPN coverage of the Euro's this summer with the likes of Ballack, Keller, Leboeuf etc sat opposite him with a look on their faces when he was talking of 'WTF are yuse on about fella'? And I REALLY have to smile and pretend he's NOT chatting **** now?!' 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

:lol:  :lol: .

It was an experience watching the ESPN coverage of the Euro's this summer with the likes of Ballack, Keller, Leboeuf etc sat opposite him with a look on their faces when he was talking of 'WTF are yuse on about fella'? And I REALLY have to smile and pretend he's NOT chatting **** now?!' 

Hail. 

Yeah, Ballack has been good since the World Cup in 2014.  Top shelf stuff from him.  But Keller?  I didn't know he had it in him. 

And to think FSG almost hired Martinez.

I love some of the stuff Martinez did tactically but it was never good at both ends of the pitch.  Rarely made good adjustments.

Lots of fluid ball movement and lots of space created, but work off the ball was awful.  Gonna be interesting to see how that works with Belgium.

• Like 1

It seems that Wolfsburg will not let Draxler go to Arsenal or Juventus.

Emery is already putting it's stamp on the evil empire. Hard training sessions, accountability, and best of all he let the youngsters play.

Areola being named starting GK instead of Trapp, Augustin, Kimpembe, and Odsonne being granted more and more playing time.

Who let Mike Tyson onto a football pitch? ^^^^^

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge criticises Manchester United over Bastian Schweinsteiger | Football News | Sky Sports

Whilst I completely agree with the sentiment, the Germans need to shut the Hell up and keep out of an other clubs business! 

Particularly Rummenigge in his current position at Bayern. That's being as unprofessional as he's accusing Utd of being. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Yet you didn't cover anything in that post except chest thumping and you didn't even answer any of my questions.

You used to be worth a conversation, but I don't have anything more for you if that's all you got.  Sorry dude.  Hopefully you can get some more fulfillment and attention at home.  Tell Fred I said what's up.

I think he's just butthurt that the Bundesliga is now effectively becoming a feeder league to the PL. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

So Chelsea looked very, very below average in the first half yesterday vs Milan.  Certain players need to watch out because their place in the team is very much up for grabs.  We started in a 4-4-2 and looked just disinterested.  We were lucky to be 1-1 at halftime.

Then on came Kante, Hazard, Oscar, Cuadrado, and youngster Chalobah.  We switched to a 4-3-3:

Tibo

Ivan - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Kante

Oscar     -       Chalobah

Cuadrado   Batshuayi   Hazard

And we dominated.  Players looked much more comfortable.  Kante and Hazard dominated the second half, and Oscar put two away to make it a comfortable win.  Matic can easily be replaced by Chalobah for me, and Willian has Cuadrado breathing down his neck.  He looks like a different player since coming back, tricky and effective.  I think we line up like this on the first day:

Tibo

Ivan - Cahill - Terry/New Signing - Azpi

Kante

Fabregas     -   Chalobah

Cuadrado   Costa   Hazard

Ivanovich probably gets moved early in the season, but starts due to experience over Aina.  Willian has been unimpressive so I've moved Cuadrado in.  Costa should be looking behind his shoulder at Batshuayi who has looked much more fit.  

I'm excited about the season, and if we get a few more defenders in we should be looking much better than last season.  

Good to see the milan perspective: http://acmilan.theoffside.com/2016/8/4/12373078/milan-tore-apart-by-world-class-chelsea

Albeit in a friendly that was the preverbal testimonial, I thought you looked half decent tonight at Utd. Very good shape and MUCH more solid defensively. Koeman's obviously been working real hard with them implementing his 3-5-2/ wingback style and they've adapted well. Baines should be a real threat down the left in this system. 

If Lukaku looked even half interested you've beaten Utd. 

Hail. 

Koeman will do well here, really like his style so far. I was unfortunately unable to watch the match, but all the same I am fed up with Lukakus attitude. Be a professional. I hope we sell him.

• Like 1

So Chelsea looked very, very below average in the first half yesterday vs Milan.  Certain players need to watch out because their place in the team is very much up for grabs.  We started in a 4-4-2 and looked just disinterested.  We were lucky to be 1-1 at halftime.

Then on came Kante, Hazard, Oscar, Cuadrado, and youngster Chalobah.  We switched to a 4-3-3:

Tibo

Ivan - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Kante

Oscar     -       Chalobah

Cuadrado   Batshuayi   Hazard

And we dominated.  Players looked much more comfortable.  Kante and Hazard dominated the second half, and Oscar put two away to make it a comfortable win.  Matic can easily be replaced by Chalobah for me, and Willian has Cuadrado breathing down his neck.  He looks like a different player since coming back, tricky and effective.  I think we line up like this on the first day:

Tibo

Ivan - Cahill - Terry/New Signing - Azpi

Kante

Fabregas     -   Chalobah

Cuadrado   Costa   Hazard

Ivanovich probably gets moved early in the season, but starts due to experience over Aina.  Willian has been unimpressive so I've moved Cuadrado in.  Costa should be looking behind his shoulder at Batshuayi who has looked much more fit.  

Haven't watched you guys much this preseason. Did Juve really do wonders for Cuadrado or is Willian really struggling that bad?

If any of you, Liverpool fan or not, read ONE thing today, make it this excellent piece on the most important person in any field my City has ever had IMHO. And he's not even from here:

Portrait of an icon: Kenny Dalglish - Football365

Most of you will be too young to remember, but the sacrifices that man made for Liverpool Football Club and the community it serves, that went WELL beyond football and ultimately completely broke him as he tried to carry and rebuild a whole City ..... The debt of gratitude and eternal love and appreciation just can't be put in to words. It's hard to define just what Kenny and Marina mean to survivors, but Storey nails it as good as you possibly can.

Not only a World class footballer. But a World class human being. 

The best we've ever had. The best they'll ever be. ALWAYS our King. 

Hail. 

http://futbolgrad.com/lazar-markovic-another-chance-another-departure/

Good article on markovic for the pool fans. Don't worry klopp is mentioned so you'll get ur fix ;).

The 'chances created' stat is one of the most superfluous in footie. Albi Moreno apparently created more chances than another player in Europe last year ..... Mainly passing it two years to Coutinho who then blazed it over the bar. Which counts as a 'chance created.' 

Outside of the Ings goal at Wigan, I can't think of a clear cut chance Markovic created this pre-season. What I can recall is him being the laziest player on the park most every game, constantly out of position, constantly not pressing or moving into space, constantly losing the ball when he had it. 

Dudes toast. 

BTW, that oggie that did for Aberdeen last night ..... OMG! You'd be embarrassed with that on a park Sunday morning.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:.

Hail. 

• Like 1

The 'chances created' stat is one of the most superfluous in footie. Albi Moreno apparently created more chances than another player in Europe last year ..... Mainly passing it two years to Coutinho who then blazed it over the bar. Which counts as a 'chance created.'

Dudes toast.

BTW, that oggie that did for Aberdeen last night ..... OMG! You'd be embarrassed but that on a park Sunday morning. :lol::lol::lol:.

Hail.

Number of passes made stat really annoys means virtually nothing! I don't think Marko will stay. Guy has talent but think he moved to pool to quickly.

Yeah I did had to watch it 5x before I believed u could concede a goal like that in professional football.

• Like 2

Liverpool youngster Cameron Brannagan set to complete Wigan loan move - Liverpool Echo

Isn't that interesting? Wigan coming back for Brannagan after initially walking away. Playing at least 75% of all games he's fit for in the Championship ..... Yes please. Great for Cam's development.

Hail. 

Hoping he and Allan put Hendo out the door next season.  It would have to take a dramatic surge for Hendo to get back in my good graces.  Right now he's just a lot of talk and an arm band.

• Like 2

Hoping he and Allan put Hendo out the door next season.  It would have to take a dramatic surge for Hendo to get back in my good graces.  Right now he's just a lot of talk and an arm band.

I actually watched the Brondby- Berlin Europa qualifier, or at least the last half hour of it, last night willing Hertha through so Allan would have Europe as well as Bundesliga footie next year but alas the Danes held on and went through. (I know. How sad am I?). Still, for him to get 75% of Bundesliga games will be fantastic for him and should go a LONG way toward a permy.

MASSIVE season for Henderson. Can and Grujic look the future already. And we know he's in love with Dahoud. 

Here's hoping this weekend passes off relatively incident free. 

United, L'pool, Leeds and Leicester all in London is NOT a good ****tail.

Hail. 

• Like 1