Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

**** man... first kick is 1145pm tonight.

What the ****? I swear it was 9pm a couple of days ago.

I'm not even going to front like I'm not going to watch it, I have a hard time sleeping while my teams play - even in preseason.

But I'm going to be ****ing destroyed for the whole day on Thursday.

is it on TV?

That's a relief that the sanction against Sakho isn't serious: 

Mamadou Sakho sanction “not that serious,” but he must learn “respect” - Klopp - This Is Anfield

As massive a f-up and disgrace as the whole fat burner episode was by WADA and UEFA, it's still there on his record. Along with him throwing a petulant hissy fit under Rodgers and disgracefully storming out the ground before the Derby when he found he wasn't starting. Now this. After being late for the initial plane to the States you'd think he'd of been on his best behaviour. To then screw up twice more is just ridiculous.

Hopefully this will make him realise his responsibilities to everyone. shake him to stop being a jerk, and have him mature and be fully committed to the cause. 

As lucky as he has been stupid he won't be getting a second chance for anything else you feel.

4-3-3 again as seems to be the new way this pre-season: 

Confirmed #LFC starting XI to face @ChelseaFC: Karius, Randall, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Ejaria, Grujic, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino.

Let's do this boys and set down an early marker! Mighty Reds! 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Very sloppy game that I don't think I was ever planning on finishing. First goal was gunna do it for me, just happy it was Chelsea who got it. Not much to take from these games, except terry looks really slow and Ruben loftus-cheek appears wasted playing up top. Other than that, meh. Just want the season to start. Also, firmino needs to be rid of that haircut. My goodness

Edited by SkinssRvA

Quite a tasty half. Pity the refs being an absolute tit. 4 bookings? Seriously? Paid for a slow start with terrible defending from the corner for the Chelsea goal. But got back into it well without really testing Begovic. Ragnar the Red with a very solid first game. Good coverage. Strong in the tackle. Winning balls the air. And distributing well. All the front three looking lively and Ejaria excellent the middle of the park. Real unlucky not to have an assist on the Firmino goal who just went too early. Very good paced work out in the heat with nothing to really choose between the sides. Unlucky not to be level. 

Then there's Moreno ..... Braindead as ever. Both ends of the park. Man do we need someone in there the next two weeks. 

Hail. 

Fabregas showing once again why Chelsea is a horrible, horrible football club with little redeeming factors on or off the park:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/758529475688722432

Klavan was lucky that didn't snap his leg in two. Dirty ****house. Not sure how we lost that save for one awful defensive lapse and not enough care in the final ball. More or less completely dominated. Some very good interplay until the final pass. Chelsea be Chelsea. The more the manager changes, the more the bus gets parked. Very good 90 minutes work. Very annoying, frustrating result. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Not gonna lie, I don't think I was going to be able to stay up for that nor did I plan to.  I had a bunch of sprints to do this morning and this old boy needed to sleep.

When I woke up I fast forwarded to the end to see the final score and meh.

Who was marking Cahill?

Hopefully we'll get to see more of the 11 in there by the end of the tour.  Ragnar had a good game from what I hear as did Begovic. 

Gonna be fun to see these two when it counts.

Bayern play Milan tonight, with Julian Green very happy to come back home.  I'm rooting for him, but he needs to improve his pre-season form quite a bit to be able to play on that squad:

Watched most of the first half before falling asleep.  He looked positionally good but his first touch is just so inconsistent.  It's either brilliant or awful and there isn't a lot of middle ground.  He's still young and I'm glad he was able to log some minutes.  Needs much more, the confidence is coming.

How long has Bayern had Rafinha and why is he a winger?  Not sure he has the speed to play out there, much better at holding up the ball, even for his size.  Were they just trying to get him minutes?

Stick the apology Cesc. Yers always have been a snide ****. Very diplomatic of the two managers but unintentional my arse! 

https://twitter.com/CapitalLivNews/status/758539598909861889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hail. 

He can **** right off with that challenge.  Wow...

The one bad thing about not having Skrtel in the side anymore is he would've invited Cesc to play in the deep end of the pool at the hint of that kind of ****.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Fabregas showing once again why Chelsea is a horrible, horrible football club with little redeeming factors on or off the park:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/758529475688722432

Klavan was lucky that didn't snap his leg in two. Dirty ****house. Not sure how we lost that save for one awful defensive lapse and not enough care in the final ball. More or less completely dominated. Some very good interplay until the final pass. Chelsea be Chelsea. The more the manager changes, the more the bus gets parked. Very good 90 minutes work. Very annoying, frustrating result. 

Hail. 

I get it now, no one but liverpool have any redeeming factors!  Let's take the emotion out of posting for one second a be a bit more rational...

Terrible foul obviously.  Even worse in a preseason game you don't want people getting injured.  Didn't see the game or anything, so hopefully the kid is not hurt.  If he did come out or get hurt, I hope for a speedy recovery. Conte asks a lot of our midfielders and I'm sure part of the foul comes from pressing and being aggressive, something Fabregas has literally never done in his life.  Not taking away from it, again horrible foul.  

Chelsea was playing maybe 4 starters, only one of which (Willian) plays in the attacking half.  We played a central midfielder as a striker, and youngsters/Moses/Matic as well, so it was always going to be a defensive effort from us.  There's always an element of luck when playing defensive so it's nice to know that we can keep a team playing three out of their top 4 attacking players against us, even if it is preseason.

On to Liverpool.  I went to bed right about HT.  Mane looked really good, better than I remember him at Southampton.  Firmino and Coutinho provided good play as well.  Was really impressed by one of your midfielders but can't remember his name.  He was all over the place with tackles and passes, really impressed.  Aside from the mishap on the corner, Chelsea couldn't really break down a sturdy back four.  Moreno was just a bit off it.  

Klopp and Conte fiery on the sidelines in a preseason game speaks to how much passion both have.  I've got my reservations with Conte as we haven't been as expansive as I would like, but we'll see how the season goes.  

On to the next one. 

I get it now, no one but liverpool have any redeeming factors!  Let's take the emotion out of posting for one second a be a bit more rational...

No, you really don't. And you really don't want me to tell a few home truths (that have been told many times on here before) about Chelsea and in particular your (in the main) low life, bottom dwelling fanbase. You've never experienced that. I have on countless occasions. This history goes back years. 

We intensely dislike each other. It is what it is. 

Hail. 

Well considering the main contingent of these boards are red, so it seems like a biased remark to me.  I'm positive it goes both ways.  Me being American and never having been to a game in England, let alone a Chelsea/Liverpool game, I suppose you're right I don't really truly whole-heartedly understand.  

• Like 1

One of my attorneys is a Chelsea fan.  He hung a flag in my office this morning before I got in.

It's hanging on my wall... upside down :lol:

I don't mind most Chelsea fans.  The ones who are racist I simply won't tolerate, but the passion level from most is just very matter of fact.  If they aren't winning anything they rarely show up. 

I've got a lot of respect for RvA.  He's never done me dirty in here.  Doesn't make Cesc any less of a tool, but I don't think he's arguing that.

• Like 1

I never really go for this whole "you don't understand the feelings because you didn't grow up in it" nonsense.  I can certainly understand how teams supporters hate each other for various reasons as I have very similar feelings with my teams and opponents supporters.  There are always a-hole supporters for any side.  Nobody has a monopoly on this.

On a better side, I'm glad the EPL/FA have decided to protect refs:

http://www.premierleague.com/news/65240

I just really hope that they enforce it as written - let these guys know they are serious and suffer the consequences.  It seems every game that you see a player or two say **** Off to a ref and nothing.  That is a disgrace.

I also hope that all the other leagues adopt a similar rule.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

One of my attorneys is a Chelsea fan.  He hung a flag in my office this morning before I got in.

It's hanging on my wall... upside down :lol:

I don't mind most Chelsea fans.  The ones who are racist I simply won't tolerate, but the passion level from most is just very matter of fact.  If they aren't winning anything they rarely show up. 

I've got a lot of respect for RvA.  He's never done me dirty in here.  Doesn't make Cesc any less of a tool, but I don't think he's arguing that.

I try to have the ability to separate the person from the team they support.  If you're an asshole you're an asshole...I know plenty of Redskins and Chelsea fans that fit that bill.  We can sit here all day and talk about how much better Chelsea is than Liverpool...or vice versa...but you probably won't see me paint an entire fan base in a broad, negative brush.  Unless of course we are talking about the Eagles...  

• Like 2

I never really go for this whole "you don't understand the feelings because you didn't grow up in it" nonsense.  I can certainly understand how teams supporters hate each other for various reasons as I have very similar feelings with my teams and opponents supporters.  There are always a-hole supporters for any side.  Nobody has a monopoly on this.

You are the expert on monopolies.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You left that one wide open.

I will say that it's certainly DEEPER (sometimes much) when you grow up in it.  It's culturally different. 

I just see Chelsea as a johnny come lately club, and though their on a good run since the Russian bought them, for me they're just the rich kids at high school... they don't bother me.  They're loud, obnoxious, most are racist and elitist, but they know not to step out of line.  All it takes is a look.

Not a shot at you RvA, just explaining why I'm not bothered. 

Now the club and what it stands for, they make me puke.

If that makes any sense.  I'm weirdly elite in the art of compartmentalization.

I try to have the ability to separate the person from the team they support.  If you're an asshole you're an asshole...I know plenty of Redskins and Chelsea fans that fit that bill.  We can sit here all day and talk about how much better Chelsea is than Liverpool...or vice versa...but you probably won't see me paint an entire fan base in a broad, negative brush.  Unless of course we are talking about the Eagles...  

I know some Redskins fans that I cant be in the same room as.  I don't want to associate with them.

If a football supporter knows their stuff and understands their teams culture, they're going to get my respect.  Especially Americans. 

Ain't no such things as halfway crooks.