Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I'm amazed at reactions like those (not yours, the others).  I think yours is the proper perspective.  Rovers fans would do something similar, but meanwhile we lose Grant Hanley, our captain  (player of the year last year), to Newcastle and the fans are like 'meh, he wasn't that good anyway.'

2usk6md.jpg

Modern day football' fans' my friend. Made even worse by the social media platforms of today. Twitter is a breeding ground for the disturbingly insane. 

Hail. 

Modern day football' fans' my friend. Made even worse by the social media platforms of today. Twitter is a breeding ground for the disturbingly insane. 

Hail. 

I suppose so.  I just don't understand it.  As an 'uneducated American' you'd think I'd be the one to have those opinions, right? 

• Like 1

Very strange seeing Jose not with Chels gear on.  Gonna have to get used to that one..

And Moses has some good skill, it's just a matter, as with most players, of being consistent.  I'm almost done using consistency as a reason for why a player is poor...I'm just going with binary definitions for now.  Good or bad.  No potential, no consistency, nothing else.  At this moment are you good, or are you bad.  And right now Moses is good for us.  I am thinking he sticks, and may even be an option as a lwb.  

Edited by SkinssRvA

What... the... ****... :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

FourFourTweet @FourFourTweet 5h5 hours ago

Norwich City’s third kit for the 2016/17 season.pic.twitter.com/SH8NMY7RBI
  1. Cn9B9foWIAA5jGl.jpg
  5. And the Norwich City goalkeeper kit...pic.twitter.com/A4xfhMDebV
  • Cn-azWcWYAAKISg.jpg

All of their faces say the same thing... "Yes... they're serious about these kits"

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

What was his beef? Funds request?

He's perfect for that club.

Not sure seems like the budget might not be as high as he wanted but think a big part will be him having his head turned by the England job. Don't see what's next for him as hull is probably about his level and he was guaranteed not to get sacked barring a complete collapse.

The Norwich city keepers jersey isn't too bad. The players kit looks like someone spilt an egg and cress sandwich all over themselves.

• Like 2

Not sure seems like the budget might not be as high as he wanted but think a big part will be him having his head turned by the England job. Don't see what's next for him as hull is probably about his level and he was guaranteed not to get sacked barring a complete collapse.

Leeds will need a manager soon.

Surely he can't be going Sunderland? They'd be better off with Moyes. 

Hail. 

If that gets us 40 million for a Hendo and Mignolet package you'll keep your opinions to yourself

• Like 1

Surely he can't be going Sunderland? They'd be better off with Moyes.

Hail.

Bruce is the favourite with the bookies but can't see them taking him back after he was rubbish the first time around. He'll probably sit out a year and end up at WBA when they finally get sick of pulis' 'brand' of football. Edited by Wellred93

Dortmund signed Schurrle. He was a good squad player when he was at Chelsea but i stopped following him when he went to Germany. He is a needed commodity after mikky left for United.

Yeah he's good off the bench. His main problem is he doesn't really have position. You can play on the wing but u sacrifice width as u drifts and he's not a striker than can play on his own.

#LFC confirm the signing of Georginio Wijnaldum from #NUFC. £23m + £2m in add-ons. Five-year deal. Squad number: 5

46 retweets56 likes

£23 M. down plus £1 M. appearance related and £1 M. in targets. Excellent  deal for Wijnaldum. Made up with the swiftness of this addition. 

So I make that 6 players in this window for £65.9 M. Currently running at a net deficit of £-38.4 M. this window. Which will be off-set by Allen and Benteke's departures alone. 

Keep up the boss work Jurgen lad!

Hail. 

• Like 2

Everton Training Jersey - Fiery Coral/Galaxy/White

Fiery coral my arse! rolf.gif

This is taking their Lpool obsession a step too far! Just admit yers want to be red! 

Hail. 

We're taking it in stride :lol:

The Murray @alexmurray13 Jul 20

Fiery Coral!!!! Red that pic.twitter.com/f6PcivBNVr

Cn0TASbWcAQ2dZN.jpg

•  

#LFC confirm the signing of Georginio Wijnaldum from #NUFC. £23m + £2m in add-ons. Five-year deal. Squad number: 5

46 retweets56 likes

£23 M. down plus £1 M. appearance related and £1 M. in targets. Excellent  deal for Wijnaldum. Made up with the swiftness of this addition. 

So I make that 6 players in this window for £65.9 M. Currently running at a net deficit of £-38.4 M. this window. Which will be off-set by Allen and Benteke's departures alone. 

Keep up the boss work Jurgen lad!

Hail. 

Tickled PINK about these midfielders... as you know they make the game go.  Without them it's not football.

I am, however, a little bit more interested in Max Meyer than I was before.  Hearing it from 4 different spots now.  But we really heard nothing of the others save for Mane, prior to a bid.  I'll have to wait on James Pearce at 10:30 transfer news!

• Like 1

What a very classy exit. Way to leave a club the right way la and welcome to your new one. 

gwijnaldum Verified 2 hours ago
11243096_392903597570088_872843769_a.jpg
Follow
13741464_308056982864531_840053664_n.jpg

With all my heart I want to thank every Newcastle fan for the support love and respect you showed me whilst at your great Club. I can understand some of you will be upset with me for leaving. I promise you though I did give my all for you. It does not sit well with me that we were relegated and I say sorry again for that. What I do know is that in Rafa Benitez the Club has a World Class Manager who I am confident will return you to The Premier League. I must also say a very big big thank you to the Board of the Club, they gave me my chance in The Premier League. The process of leaving a club who didn't need to sell me can be difficult, however the Club have been very understanding in allowing me to join Liverpool. Playing for your Club Newcastle has made me a stronger person and has educated me as a footballer. I take with me special memories of you the fans, the Club and the City. My family and I thank you for making us so welcome and we wish nothing but love and success for you. Georginio.  #Newcastle United Championship Champions !
11.3k likes690 comments

Hail. 

• Like 3

Mane on the right, Wijnaldum the middle, and Phil the left in the above. 

Hail. 

I thought about that, too... but think of all the space Phil gets with all that pace on either side and in front?  3 players to play in and Grujic coming down with Emre holding?

Come on son....

I thought about that, too... but think of all the space Phil gets with all that pace on either side and in front?  3 players to play in and Grujic coming down with Emre holding?

Come on son....

Phil's NOT a 10 IMHO. We need to accept this! I thought he would be. But he isn't. He doesn't turn and go quick enough. He doesn't get into the box often enough. He doesn't like to be the main man. The very LAST slot of that three I'm playing Phil is in the 10. Yeah, he lacks pace and drifts too much to be a traditional wide man. But with Mane in behind the other side, it shouldn't matter. It will  still open up space for him whichever (or both) of the two new speedsters play. Take the limelight off him, and let him do his thing. I'd also ration his games with all the options so he's firing at full pelt when he is needed. Firming is was earmarked as the 10 before Wijnaldum arrived for another option. What does that tell yer?

Not even sure what the starting formation will be TBH being as we've looked a lot more 4-3-3 pre-season. 

This is a good read on Wijnaldum and where he fits: Where does Georginio Wijnaldum fit into Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool side? - This Is Anfield

BTW, I LOVE that he's kept the 5 shirt. Have some special memory's of L'pool #5's going back over the years. 

Double BTW. Wijnaldum may well be my favourite signing of the summer. The more I think on this the more perfect a fit it is. If anyones going to turn him into consistent top bracket quality it's Klopp. 

Triple BTW. Can Leicester cut out the middle man and just send the trophy to L4 already?

Quadruple BTW. His Birthday is a day before moi's. I'm thinking double PAR-TE!  :D.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Double BTW. Wijnaldum may well be my favourite signing of the summer. The more I think on this the more perfect a fit it is. If anyones going to turn him into consistent top bracket quality it's Klopp. 

We'll disagree on Phil, but I do concede he's not a 10 that's going to get in the box and score goals.  He's a 10 that's going to feed the perfect thru ball to a striker or 2.  Which is why we were so much better with two strikers.  So basically it has to be two up front, but I think he could replicate with that pace.

Wijnaldum is the only one on the team who is close to Phil in dribbling though.  So a 10 is not a bad spot for him and that keeps Phil on the left where he can hammer from the top of the 18 over there.  They'll interchange, as Gini's best spot was off the left.

But my favorite signing, even though a January, is still Grujic. 

• Like 1

And another thing. Why does everyone keep putting Sakho and Matip as the two centre halfs?

Lovren was the outstanding defender along with Kolo under Klopp. And then there's Ragnar the Red!

Competition be FIERCE over the next 5 games for Arsenal. 

And another another thing! Why do people think Grujic won't start because he's only 19? He's just ****ing captained Red Star to the League! Kids MORE than ready to come straight in. 

And another another ANOTHER thing! BEAT CHELSEA! I don't care if it's just a kick-around. I don't care if it doesn't matter. Go out there and bury those soft Southern ****s into the dirt! It's L'pool verses the Rent Boys. It ALWAYS matters! I want this one BAD!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1