Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well, Celtic and Rodgers are still in the UCL, imagine that:

Guess he's not such a bad manager after all.  At least those Celtic fans can see their sides in Europe and have those memorable "Celtic Nights".

Plus, Europa qualifying today.  Lots of competitive matches all over Europe. Sweet.

From the Dortmund boards, most are very happy to have him back.  They know how well he has played for them and I expect very good things from him.  Was never going to a side not in the UCL, just like I called 3 months ago.  He wants to play at the highest levels to stay in running to start in WC qualifying and the next WC.

Yeah, I always liked BR to put his club through on aggregate against some taxi drivers, police officers, and garbage men.  I'm sure another big club is right around the corner for him.  Just needs to be patient and show that he can work with a monopoly.  Maybe Bayern's in the cards next?

Honestly don't think he finds his way off the bench of the German squad.  He's not benching anyone in the attack and he's not benching anyone deeper in the midfield... even with Swine and Kaderi at 100 years of age.

• Like 1

Fella must have big ones if the BVB fans I talked to out there last year is anything to go by. He's not well liked there at all after the B/S way that all played out culmination in him jibbing out the European Cup with a, let's say, VERY spurious 'injury.' Going to the team they absolutely detest and not wanting to play against them that final was the final nail. He's a LONG way to go to get back in their good graces. 

But that's Dortmund's concern. Well moved on from Mario Gotze. Klopp turned Gotze into the player he is. Our was when he was at Dortmund the first go-around. Hopefully he can do the same with Wijnaldum's undoubted talent. 

Hail. 

You mean Dortmund supporters right?  Not the ones new to the party the last year or two?

Think Rues is going to have to be involved in the smoothing over process.  And Gotze is probably still down a couple of hundred **** punches before that takes place.

• Like 1

Why are Phil and Grujic looking like they're mum dressed them?

Wijnaldum's having his medical as I type. 

You mean Dortmund supporters right?  Not the ones new to the party the last year or two?

Think Rues is going to have to be involved in the smoothing over process.  And Gotze is probably still down a couple of hundred **** punches before that takes place.

It will be interesting. Aside from anything else, there's one rule ancient unwritten in football that rings true 9 times out of 10. Never go back. Very rarely it works out the same second time around. And working with Tuchel isn't working with Klopp who he had by far and away his best years with. 

But then I aren't really interested as we moved on when he started trying to play us to Mane. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Why are Phil and Grujic looking like they're mum dressed them?

Wijnaldum's having his medical as I type. 

Hail.

Tomorrow.

This is actually pretty funny.  Not sure it's accurate for us but we do have a lot of new blood.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/each-premier-league-sides-transfer-window-summed-up-in-a-pop-song/74521

Any truth to Klopp's bid for Max Meyer this morning?

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ 2m2 minutes ago

Despite reports, Wijnaldum will have a medical tomorrow, before flying out to join the team in America. #lfc (Neil Jones - Echo)

Sky get their sources from twitter :lol:

Meyer? First I've heard. 

Hail. 

Someone up north wrote about it.

30 mil euro.  Saw him play like twice for the Germans with the other young kid we were looking at in January (the striker).  Very young at 20...

Flanno didn't fly, looks like he's headed to Burnley.  Maybe lend him your outfit and hat?

Look who made the cover

Cn57lcZW8AUaa4q.jpg

•  

I LOVE this man! Loved him on Mock the Week here. Love him out there. He may not 'strictly' be a Scouser, but his Mam and Dad are and he's as good as one of us anyone. Once a red. ALWAYS a ****ing red!

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/756149664479518722?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hail. 

Oliver is great.  He's responded to me on twitter a couple of times just about LFC.

• Like 1

Liverpool complete deal for Alex Manninger - Liverpool FC

L'pool sign FA 39 year old on a 1 year deal. 

Internet breaks down with all the idiots fretting over absolutely nottin'. 

The rational ones just shrug their shoulders, say meh, and take it for exactly what it is. Very experienced 3rd choice cover (who all things being equal won't get anywhere near the actual field of play) who gives both another body as a training 'keeper, and offers vast experience to a very young squad.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think it's interesting that for a much as the squad is real young and we've lost more experience with the likes of Kolo and Skrtel departing, we've also gained a heck of a lot in the incomings. Manninger, 39 years old entering his 21st season as a pro who's been at big clubs in England and Italy. Grujic, who far from experienced in years, has captained Red Star to a league title at 19. Wijnaldum. Captained PSV to a league title at 23. Klavan, vast experience through 15 season and 108 International caps. The current captain of Estonia. Matip, 7 year Bundesliga regular. 

Whether by design or not, we sure have added some great character, leadership and experience into the dressing room.

*Rodgers would be SO proud of the bolded haha.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 15s15 seconds ago

Chelsea want to sign Benfica defender Victor Lindelof. (Source: Daily Mirror)

I wish Chelsea would stop signing CBs to play the FB position.  That's the rumor anyway.  Ivanovic worked for one season and now it's all we are being linked to is CBs to play the RB spot.  Enough already, can we bring in a true FB please???????

• Like 1

Whether by design or not, we sure have added some great character, leadership and experience into the dressing room.

*Rodgers would be SO proud of the bolded haha.

Hail. 

Leave it out with the "character" :lol: , but I agree with what you're saying.

Two sides to keep an eye on this year are Liverpool and Chelsea.  Both are with managers that are about mental toughness.  Few better than Klopp and Conte about bringing that about. 

Just look at our bench this year compared to last...

We're going from Allen and Ibe to Origi, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Grujic... night and day. 

I wish Chelsea would stop signing CBs to play the FB position.  That's the rumor anyway.  Ivanovic worked for one season and now it's all we are being linked to is CBs to play the RB spot.  Enough already, can we bring in a true FB please???????

If he's playing a back 3 you're going to need about 6 CBs, and most of them will need to be ball players.

You'll need pace in the WING back... wonder if he'd flirt with playing Hazard on one side to get behind and distro it back into the box or the cut back.

• Like 1

If he's playing a back 3 you're going to need about 6 CBs, and most of them will need to be ball players.

You'll need pace in the WING back... wonder if he'd flirt with playing Hazard on one side to get behind and distro it back into the box or the cut back.

Granted the full team hasn't been there for the two preseason games and the summer transfer window isn't closed, but he's been playing a 4-4-2 in defense and a 4-2-4 when in the attack.  There's been no work in a 3 atb formation.  Not to say it won't happen, but we don't have near the squad to be able to play it.  Conte has adapted to the personnel we have at the very moment.  I suppose though if we keep signing these CBs we may go 3 atb.  We have kept Cuadrado who has been rwb at juventus and azpi or baba could play lwb I suppose.  It's all very curious at this time in the summer though, so we'll see!  Victor Moses is once again the summer darling over on the chelsea boards.  He's been playing well, and with a new manager it's his best chance to make the squad and not be loaned to a **** all team in the prem where he will rot.

One thing I can confirm though is my excitement for the next year!

• Like 1

L'pool sign FA 39 year old on a 1 year deal. 

Internet breaks down with all the idiots fretting over absolutely nottin'. 

The rational ones just shrug their shoulders, say meh, and take it for exactly what it is. Very experienced 3rd choice cover (who all things being equal won't get anywhere near the actual field of play) who gives both another body as a training 'keeper, and offers vast experience to a very young squad.

I'm amazed at reactions like those (not yours, the others).  I think yours is the proper perspective.  Rovers fans would do something similar, but meanwhile we lose Grant Hanley, our captain  (player of the year last year), to Newcastle and the fans are like 'meh, he wasn't that good anyway.'

2usk6md.jpg

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 2

I know it means absolutely nothing, but United 1-4 Dortmund makes me happy.  :D.

Hail. 

Was just coming to post!  Didn't even know they were playing yesterday lol

but Jose's been hanging with Shanny... holy ****  :lol:

ESPN FC @ESPNFC 51s52 seconds ago View translation

FT. Dortmund hammer Man United 4-1 in ICC game in China. http://es.pn/2a2lZ31 pic.twitter.com/IiDeVuRi3F

View translation

Translated from German by BingWrong translation?

Cn-YFa5WYAAGxKV.jpg
0 retweets 0 likes

• Like 1

We have kept Cuadrado who has been rwb at juventus and azpi or baba could play lwb I suppose.  It's all very curious at this time in the summer though, so we'll see!  Victor Moses is once again the summer darling over on the chelsea boards.  He's been playing well, and with a new manager it's his best chance to make the squad and not be loaned to a **** all team in the prem where he will rot.

One thing I can confirm though is my excitement for the next year!

I didn't know ya'll still owned Cuadrado.  Yeah, that's one for you.

Moses is FILTHY on FIFA... I don't know how.  He was one of the most frustrating players of that 2013/14 season.  Just never took off or did much.  Played pretty well for Nigeria that year in Brasil, though.  Maybe he's a summer baller?

Steve Bruce has resigned from Hull. Slightly baffling if they don't get bought over this season.

What was his beef?  Funds request? 

He's perfect for that club.