Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the 80th player now?

slaga

The Skins traded Doug Dutch for John Beck and then released Colt Brennan which leaves them with 79 players. Are the Skins going to sign Brian Westbrook, Vincent Jackson, or ...?

I was thinking the same thing. There's one spot open, who's it going to be?

Logan Mankin is sick.

A little off topic but deserving...

One more reason to hate the Patriots:

"After the 2008 season, me (Logan Mankin) and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins said. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address the contract during the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at their word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract.

"That's the big thing," he continued. "Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on. Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught a man's word is his bond. Obviously this isn't the case with the Patriots."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5285949

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that someone claiming his brother (allegedly works for Skins) overheard a trade and/or move was coming. :silly:

Logan Mankins would be a great pick up, but I highly doubt the Patriots would give him up without asking for the moon, sun, stars............. and a :1stplace:.

The VJ rumors still persist, and even J. Russell.

Wonder if TK has heard anything pertaining to the empty roster spot.

:type: Paging TK. :D

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that someone claiming his brother (allegedly works for Skins) overheard a trade and/or move was coming. :silly:

Logan Mankins would be a great pick up, but I highly doubt the Patriots would give him up without asking for the moon, sun, stars............. and a :1stplace:.

The VJ rumors still persist, and even J. Russell.

Wonder if TK has heard anything pertaining to the empty roster spot.

:type: Paging TK. :D

Earlier today:

*cough* I need a hook up with some syrup. *cough*

We are not going to bring anyone that will make the team because we basically have the players we want to start and as backups already. Vincent Jackson will only come to us if it is at a bargain rate. Allen isn't Cerrato so there won't be a knee-jerk reaction that everyone has been accustom to around here. Cerrato would have already sent our next years and 2012 first round picks for Jackson.

• 2 weeks later...
James Dearth was not even on my radar.

I dont think he was on anyone's radar but I do think it was a smart move by the coachin staff to leave that 80th roster spot open instead of rushin to fill it with another camp body that probably wouldnt have made the team any way. In the long run, that may turn out to be one of the smartest moves of the entire off season.

Archived