Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Samuels on Trent

haraldjun

Did anyone see the video on Redskins.com where Chris Samuels speaks about Trent Williams... did you notice how he shakes his head, meaning "no/not good" when he tried to sell us Trent as a good tackle and that he doesn´t see any problems... now I am getting a little bit scared and the trade for Jammal Brown makes even more sense....

1) I think you're reading too much into this.

2) Do you think Chris would give that obvious of an assessment about a player he is coaching, ripe for fans on message boards to post about?

*edit* He also says he's not worried about Trent and thinks he's outstanding. Maybe he's shaking his head in response to the question, maybe saying "No, I'm not worried" or "No, I don't think he'll struggle"?

Did anyone see the video on Redskins.com where Chris Samuels speaks about Trent Williams... did you notice how he shakes his head, meaning "no/not good" when he tried to sell us Trent as a good tackle and that he doesn´t see any problems... now I am getting a little bit scared and the trade for Jammal Brown makes even more sense....

:ols::ols::ols: I can laugh because training camp is only 2 days away and threads like this should cease.

From an ex-military intelligence perspective, the guys body language matches his words. He's not shaking his head "no" he's looking to his right (from where his head is when he's speaking, which for him at that moment is considered his straight perspective), when he looks to his right (and down) he's mostly thinking about the way he feels, and his language matches that assessment, "I'm not worried, I think, I feel". Those are, for the most part, emotional words (even I think because it's a prediction based on his feeling from what he's seen).

From the motion of the eyes, he's being honest about his answer to the question and his words back that up (eye movement shows he's touching on emotions and his words are emotionally related).

Also, in Shanahan's interview he is looking up and to his left, or level and to the left, which is a sign that he's talking about what he's seen (memories) and his language matches it. Also, you'll notice, if you watch the video again, that when he starts to run out of stuff to elaborate on (or runs out of stuff he's willing to elaborate on) his eyes turn level and to his right, which means he's trying to think of something to say that sounds good.

That's my best effort at breaking things down to an interogation type process, which is what interviews are, minus all the scary stuff.

This all tells me that Shanahan and Samuels both believe Trent is going to be the real deal.

Seriously do you ever have anything worthwhile and non critical or cynical to contribute? I've been here a while and never witnessed much.

MTH is a mod and is telling the OP that, most likely per forum rules, he should provide a link for what he's referring to. if not for the sake of rules, for the sake of a sane thread. he gave a redskins.com link and i still havent found it.

still, its probably not good to piss of the mods. and why the heck would you pick a fight with MTH- the most easy going of them all?

Archived